Spyder Garage

Default Ryker Inventory/Production

I’m close to buying a Ryker and was at the dealer today. I don’t know if he was giving me the ultimate hard-sell but he said Ryker’s are selling so fast the nationwide inventory will be depleted by the end of May. Then he goes on to say Can-Am won’t be producing more until Q4 so dealers won’t be able to get any for months once stock is sold. Of course, then he tells me this is the last 900 and if I don’t buy it now it may not be there tomorrow. I got the OTD pricing and walked out (still need to sell my Honda).

Does anyone know if this is true? I can’t believe Can-Am wouldn’t adjust production schedules if something is selling that much better than expected.
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Rykers are selling fast.

Right now there are like 1600 listed for sale on Cycle Trader so you can get one somewhere if you don't mind driving

I bought my Ryker last week. It won't be here until first week in May. My dealer told me he heard BRP was going to do a second mid-summer production run of Rykers (that's not the norm for BRP) because they were selling so well.

Spyder Garage

You have heard the term "salesman puffing," the question is....what is he puffing on.

He is using the oldest trick in the book to close the sale.

Have some fun, ask him for some information from BRP to prove his point.

Other than that, Caveat Emptor...let the buyer beware.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-27-2019 at 12:04 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

My MO is never chase a "thing", be it the dream house, dream car, dream bike. There will always be more tomorrow. If you need to sell your bike first, then wait until you sell it.

Now, if it was the woman of your dreams, that's obviously different
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Spyder Garage

I did call 2 other dealers today. Both made the same comment about how they’re selling better than expected and they aren’t getting estimated delivery times on more stock, so they don’t know when more will be coming. I figured BRP will change production schedules to get more out mid-summer. They are in business to make money, after all. The other dealers are nowhere near as high pressure, though. I’ll have to drive another 20 miles, but worth it (about $750 cheaper than the first place, too).

I may already have a buyer for my other bike, so I’m going to let things unfold there first. Nice to know the Ryker is selling so well.
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

We have been allocated 54 for 2019 and have already sold 30, so yes they will be in short supply soon.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

You might take a look at iMotorsport, an advertiser on this forum. When last I looked at their web site a few days ago they had a bunch or Rykers and are offering free shipping within the U.S. Several members have purchased from them and I can't recall hearing any bad comments by anyone (with reasonable expectations that is).
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

So maybe I should buy all I can and sell them when the dealer has no more!! Ok, all kidding aside. My dealer said he had to buy 26 and only sold a few, think that is why I got great deal cause he hasn't sold many of them. He also mentioned another dealer in a big city hasnt sold many either.

Spyder Garage

When I put a deposit on one, later in the week mine was supposed in. But when truck came, supposedly there was no 600 in the shipment. Sales guy spent a few day trying to get one from another dealer. Ended up getting one (supposedly) from one fairly far away.

Spyder Garage

My dealer told me he wished he would have bought 25 because they could sell every one of them. They had a Rally I test rode and elected to wait for one in a crate instead of a demo model. Was supposed to ship this month, still hasn't shipped. He is thinking 2nd week of May it will be here. But honestly he wont know anything for sure until he gets shipment info. He has made me a good deal on my trade so I'm waiting.

Spyder Garage

Time will tell. We will see if they try to give them away at the end of the season. So far...with Spyders, that has been the time to buy.

Ryker seems to be a whole different ball game.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    We have been allocated 54 for 2019 and have already sold 30, so yes they will be in short supply soon.

Cruzr Joe
    I'm assuming you are a dealer? Do the Platinum dealers and other level of dealer get allocated different quantities? My dealer I'm working with said mine should arrive in April but as of yet according to him still hasn't shipped. He is thinking now 2nd week of May. Is there any way to really know ?

Spyder Garage

My feeling (and I don't have any inside information) is that in some locations the Ryker is selling very fast. In other locations, not so much. I foresee some wheeling and dealing between dealerships from those looking to get more and those looking to unload theirs. This does not mean the price will go down unless you are willing to find one of those dealerships with inventory they aren't moving.

The real question is; What is the ratio of movers and non-movers? Again, my feeling is that more are moving than not.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

From my "dealer" information. He was going to be forced to order a minimum of 10 Rykers. I have also seen on here where some other dealers had to buy a minimum of 20 or more. That situation was the demise of at least two dealers. One and only here in Alaska, and another in Utah per Utah Pete.

If they are selling well...that will be good for the dealer. If they are not selling well...it will be fire sale time at the end of the season in a few places. And maybe the demise of more dealers.

I am thinking the "quotas" for buying Rykers were based on BRP selling a break even or better quantity of Rykers to justify the new product.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

My dealer got 26 The 12 rallys are gone and 3-4 of the others and its still April.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KC61 View Post
    I'm assuming you are a dealer? Do the Platinum dealers and other level of dealer get allocated different quantities? My dealer I'm working with said mine should arrive in April but as of yet according to him still hasn't shipped. He is thinking now 2nd week of May. Is there any way to really know ?
    I am a Spyder Rep for Bradford Marine & ATV in Arkansas, we have 5 "stores" and sell many different Can Am products, that may be why we got so many.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Azbronco View Post
    The other dealers are nowhere near as high pressure, though. I’ll have to drive another 20 miles, but worth it (about $750 cheaper than the first place, too).
    20 miles and no pressure.....seems like a deal to me

Spyder Garage

Our dealer can't keep one in stock either. They say they are selling them before they can even get them in the door.there was 2 on the floor last week and both were sold with tags on the handle bars. The dealer here said that the rykers come 2 to a crate and they say that their selling them before the crate is even open to start putting them together.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The dealer in Chattanooga, Tn ordered 10. I was there 2 weeks ago and they only had 3 left. The Dealer principle told me that the Rykers on a nation wide basis (USA) are selling better than Can Am expected.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    I am a Spyder Rep for Bradford Marine & ATV in Arkansas, we have 5 "stores" and sell many different Can Am products, that may be why we got so many.

Cruzr Joe
    I think Tanner told me they got more than what you mentioned but have sold most of them. Our local dealer, who would not deal, said they were selling fast and we should not wait. We elected to skip his $1400 set up and freight charge and go to Bradford's in Texarkana.

Spyder Garage

I brought home my new Ryker today! The dealer was about 45 miles away, so I had a great ride home (being conscious to vary my speed...)

Anyway, when I put money down on one last week, I was told they had 2 600s, 4 900s, and 1 Rally. When I picked mine up today, the sales lady told me only 3 are still available, and she has 4 quotes out so one person may end up unhappy with them. But since they are a low pressure dealership, they aren't using that info to pressure people into buying right away, "people buy when they're ready."

Great ride home--different than 2 wheels, for sure, but super fun.
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

So it would appear Ryker production is 2 to 4 weeks behind. My dealer just told me the 900's he ordered to be here last month just shipped and he expected the Rally's to be right behind them. So hopefully my Rally will ship next week. So it appears dealer's are still getting their orders fulfilled and there will be more Ryker's in the showroom's soon.

Spyder Garage

The Rykers are also sold very quickly in Germany and Switzerland. It is certainly because you can ride a trike here with a car driving licence. You don't need an additional test or a motorcycle driving licence. Thus, car driver can easily fulfill the dream of "motorcycling". The Spyder was too expensive for many, the Ryker is an ideal recreational vehicle at a reasonable price.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

In the OP the May and Q4 dates make sense. BRP typically stops roadster production in April to change over to snowmobile production. When we were given the factory tour at the 2017 Homecoming BRP was getting ready to revamp the assembly line totally to allow one line to build both roadsters and snowmobiles. Up until 2017 they had two separate assembly lines but they did not run them simultaneously. So there really could be a crunch as far as dealers getting any more Rykers.

Who knows? With all the snow in the northern US and Canada this past winter they may be looking to increase snowmobile production for next winter, in which case we might still see a tight supply of Rykers next year.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)