Spyder Garage

Default 2018 RT Limited Customer Circuit

Hey all

New to the forum. I have need a few posts about this but nothing definitive. I know the 2018 RT limited has fuses for a customer circuit that is powered on key. But... does the 2018 RT have the customer circuit wired somewhere that I can use for accessories.

I saw a video that an older F3 has a specific wire labeled as the customer circuit. Does the 2018 have the same thing and where is it located.

Thanks in advanced.

Paul

Spyder Garage

I think all you could do is this. Always on power in the trunk.....
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com/spyde...4-trunk-power/

Welcome to the club!
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There are two USB power outlets in the trunk. Can be used to power/charge external devices. As for an accessory terminal to power extra lights or other accessories, It's best to use a separate fuse block with power straight from the battery. Then you can safely add lights and heated gear without causing bike problems.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I have this fuse block on the way.....
    https://www.banggood.com/DC12V24V32V...r_warehouse=CN
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I have this same question in regards to the customer circuit on an 18 RT Limited. I’m looking to provide USB power to my iPhone on a Ram mount on the handlebars. In order to bypass BRP connect if possible

Spyder Garage

Wow nobody answered the original question. It should have been easy. Instead the conversation turned to fuse blocks.

I don't have a service manual for 2018 RT. But the acc circuit goes to the front. If you have the optional 12V power port in the front trunk. It will be used for that. If not. The wires are behind the front trunk and you should be able to get to it through the battery access panel. Someone with an RT should be able to explain better. The same circuit goes to the rear trunk for the 12V socket there which you likely have. This circuit can be made live all the time by moving a fuse. In it's factory position it will come on when the engine starts. Tap into either one.

On the left side. Under the front of the seat. Side panels have to come off. There is 12V power for a gps. That circuit comes on with the key.

Happy hunting.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Basically there is no Acc terminal on the RT's. That way we are answering with the fuse block suggestion.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

On our 2018 RTL there is a rubber plug on the left (shifter side) of the battery cover in the frunk. behind the plug are 2 spade connectors, one "-" and the other "+" to add an accessory. (I used them to energise a solenoid for a fuse block)
    In the rear trunk, again on the left side, is a 2 outlet USB outlet, which in past years seemed to be a 12v cigarette type outlet. There is a plug covering a hole on the right side of the trunk, but as far as I know there isn't any wiring to that side.
    I recently found out about the under seat GPS circuit, but I haven't pulled the panels out to find it yet.
    BTW - my preference is to have everything be switched with the ignition, so if I leave something plugged in there will be no parasitic draw on the battery. But some my have a good reason to have a power point hot when the ignition is off, so the option is there.
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Spyder Garage

billybovine....I hope a fellow F3L owner could answer this: I spotted a two lead wire and connector dangling loose just inside the right side bodywork at the terminus for the upper A-arm. Whatzit for? I have yet to test it to see if it is energized full time or only with the ignition on. Gonna check that out in a few minutes.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkryder View Post
    On our 2018 RTL there is a rubber plug on the left (shifter side) of the battery cover in the frunk. behind the plug are 2 spade connectors, one "-" and the other "+" to add an accessory.
    Would it be possible to show a picture of this. Without the cover on in the frunk and showing the 2 spade connectors??

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    billybovine....I hope a fellow F3L owner could answer this: I spotted a two lead wire and connector dangling loose just inside the right side bodywork at the terminus for the upper A-arm. Whatzit for? I have yet to test it to see if it is energized full time or only with the ignition on. Gonna check that out in a few minutes.
    Got a picture?

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Oops I forgot the rear power socket changed to USB instead of 12V. Same circuit.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Got a picture?
    I will post one (or two) tomorrow. Stand by. I will also report if its on all the time or not.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    I will post one (or two) tomorrow. Stand by. I will also report if its on all the time or not.
    One of these?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

It's possibly the FHS at the top of the illustration. Where did that nice diagram come from? The Green Manual?

Spyder Garage

Oops I forgot the rear power socket changed to USB instead of 12V. Same circuit.
    This was the same question I was asking yeasterday Billybovine. You replied but now I hope you see why I wanted to get a cuicuit to the bars to integrate into the speakers system. If you don’t have a smart phone you need power for an ipod upfront etc. I did this last night and it seems to work. I took and old 6’ USB wire and cut the end to try. There are 4 wires in there. 2 are power and two are data. I then took one of the usb outlets and plugged it in and all I need to do is install the 2 usb dash plug and fish the wire from there. I will get an all weather USB cable to do this though. It did work. I know it’s not 12V like the OP is looking for but to get a USB upfront and integrated does work this way. I looked behind my my frunk and couldn’t find the connection. The fuse box and relays are right there so to get power would be easy from the frunk in my opinion.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    This was the same question I was asking yeasterday Billybovine. You replied but now I hope you see why I wanted to get a cuicuit to the bars to integrate into the speakers system. If you don’t have a smart phone you need power for an ipod upfront etc. I did this last night and it seems to work. I took and old 6’ USB wire and cut the end to try. There are 4 wires in there. 2 are power and two are data. I then took one of the usb outlets and plugged it in and all I need to do is install the 2 usb dash plug and fish the wire from there. I will get an all weather USB cable to do this though. It did work. I know it’s not 12V like the OP is looking for but to get a USB upfront and integrated does work this way. I looked behind my my frunk and couldn’t find the connection. The fuse box and relays are right there so to get power would be easy from the frunk in my opinion.
    The double usb plugs in the rear trunk are only power. No connection to the audio system.

You where asking about a 2018 in the other thread. Is this still the case? Maybe this discussion should happening on that thread instead hijacking this one. Remember the different years makes a huge difference. A 2018 does not support a ipod on the usb cable. You can charge it. You can play through the stereo to the Spyder speakers through the AUX cable.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Billybovine or anyone......
    On the right side, just inside of the A-arm, is a 2 lead wire terminating with a connector. I'm posting 2 pics; The first shows it with the cap on. Seen in red. The second pic shows it with the cap off. Also seen in red. It is energized when the ignition is on, but not when its off. Anyone know what it's intended for? It is simply one of the Consumer Accessory Terminals?

CONNECTOR 1.jpg
    CONNECTOR 2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Power socket...

I saw the youtube Lamonster video about 'hot' powering the socket in the trunk....so today, after I applied my 'tribal spider' to the frunk cover, I looked in the back trunk...the 'plug' on the left is USB, NOT 12v female....so, I'm going to have to check and see if it is powered all the time after I make the fuse move per Lamonster...if so, the other side of the trunk has an oblong hole with nothing in it but a rubber plug, which could be opened up to fit a 12v female plug and I could tap into the line feeding the USB......one way or the other I'm going to have a 24/7 plug on the bike for a battery tender for the winter...
    Last edited by hershey; 06-05-2019 at 01:37 PM. Reason: add comment

2 Wheels (ST1100, Marauder, Honda Shadow, Honda Rebel) 3 wheels (2018 Spyder RT Ltd)

Foam grip covers
    Tri-Axis Handlebars.....

Spyder Garage

Wow nobody answered the original question. It should have been easy. Instead the conversation turned to fuse blocks.

I don't have a service manual for 2018 RT. But the acc circuit goes to the front. If you have the optional 12V power port in the front trunk. It will be used for that. If not. The wires are behind the front trunk and you should be able to get to it through the battery access panel. Someone with an RT should be able to explain better. The same circuit goes to the rear trunk for the 12V socket there which you likely have. This circuit can be made live all the time by moving a fuse. In it's factory position it will come on when the engine starts. Tap into either one.

On the left side. Under the front of the seat. Side panels have to come off. There is 12V power for a gps. That circuit comes on with the key.

Happy hunting.
    On the 2018 RTl the GPS circuit is on the right side, mid seat. Right behind the gas tank, uses a commonly available AMP Superseal 1.5 connector. Need to strip the right side panels and mirror off to get to it though.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hershey View Post
    I saw the youtube Lamonster video about 'hot' powering the socket in the trunk....so today, after I applied my 'tribal spider' to the frunk cover, I looked in the back trunk...the 'plug' on the left is USB, NOT 12v female....so, I'm going to have to check and see if it is powered all the time after I make the fuse move per Lamonster...if so, the other side of the trunk has an oblong hole with nothing in it but a rubber plug, which could be opened up to fit a 12v female plug and I could tap into the line feeding the USB......one way or the other I'm going to have a 24/7 plug on the bike for a battery tender for the winter...
    The instructions are in your owners manual.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    On the 2018 RTl the GPS circuit is on the right side, mid seat. Right behind the gas tank, uses a commonly available AMP Superseal 1.5 connector. Need to strip the right side panels and mirror off to get to it though.
    Someone else pointed that out as well. F3T or L on the left. RT on the right. I don't have an 2018 RT manual. So I could not check when someone said their 2018 RT had it on the left. Can't believe everything you read on the internet.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Someone else pointed that out as well. F3T or L on the left. RT on the right. I don't have an 2018 RT manual. So I could not check when someone said their 2018 RT had it on the left. Can't believe everything you read on the internet.
    Boy Howdy! Ain't that the truth. I try to participate when I have actual knowledge, but even then sometimes I play the fool....
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.