Spyder Garage

Default Issues with F3 limited

It seems the F3 limited gets “confused”. If I turn the key on, hit the mode button to allow things to progress, then try to disable the parking brake-the computer gets confused that even though the parking brake releases, the indicator light remains on... anyone had a similar situation? If I change the pattern by starting the engine, then releasing the parking brake, life is good...

Spyder Garage

Electric parking brake works best with motor running.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Some issues...

There have been some issues with the parking brake that you could search out.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dtryke View Post
    It seems the F3 limited gets “confused”. If I turn the key on, hit the mode button to allow things to progress, then try to disable the parking brake-the computer gets confused that even though the parking brake releases, the indicator light remains on... anyone had a similar situation? If I change the pattern by starting the engine, then releasing the parking brake, life is good...
    I've had EXACTLY that problem since I bought my 2016 F3L but it is very intermittent. It showed up maybe once or twice a month at random. I found two temporary 'cures' for the problem. 1/ just turn the key off - it sits there and beeps at you for 20 seconds or so, resets and then works normally until next time. 2/ Disconnect the battery, wait 30 seconds, then reconnect. Works normally until next time.
    I took it back to the dealer who naturally couldn't find the problem. Eventually I caught the problem on video with an error code (P0000 - a nonsense code) and took that along too. They located a suspect module which they didn't have in stock. Two months later they replaced the suspect module and it seemed to come good. In the last 6 months it's happened once more but not since.

Good luck with yours.
    Andrew
    Melbourne Australia
    2016 F3L Spyder

Now, wash your hands

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It would seem that if you follow the proper procedure and it doesn't happen...…..don't mess with it and do it right. Problem solved, and you are not waiting for a part.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dtryke View Post
    I turn on the key, release the park brake on the bike and roll it out of the garage, then put the park brake on and start it up. No issues so far doing it this way.
    2016 F3 Spyder Limited SE6
    2005 Honda ST1300 ABS