Thread: Ryker Ryde

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Ryker Ryde

Hello, I owned a 2013 RT Limited with most performance and comfort modifications one could buy. I finally got it to be comfortable after a couple hours in the saddle. I like long trips even overnighters and week long.
    I had to sell it and it was time. I sat on a Ryker at the dealer close to me, but they don’t allow test dudes.
    It feels like this machine would be a gas for short trips like an hour or less then break and return. It sits like it would be strip on twists and turns am I close so far?
    However, it feels like the highway for an hour would be a body buster! Tell me I am wrong!
    Do u need sway bars, auto tires and such to make it right?

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

We have a F3L as well as a new Ryker. The Ryker is great fun, has a lower CG and rider position so you really feel like you're in the bike.

You mention performance mods and apparently comfort changes done to your RT so I'm not sure what your goal is. The Ryker is not a touring bike (I know, you can tour on anything) it is more like a very sporty scooter. The simple controls and lack of "luxury" features as well as the Twist and Go nature of the drive train makes this just a fun little bomber. When people ask me about it I tell them to think of it as a Super Scooter that can't fall down.
    2018 Can Am Spyder F3L, 1995 BMW R1100R, 1988 Suzuki GS250, 2019 Ryker 600 (Wife's)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wouldn't "tour" on the Ryker riding 2 up but I wouldn't hesitate to hop on it and drive across the country by myself on it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    I wouldn't "tour" on the Ryker riding 2 up but I wouldn't hesitate to hop on it and drive across the country by myself on it.
    It is "ride". Had a Slingshot and it was questionable whether you are riding or driving, but it is clear riding on a Ryker.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen47 View Post
    It is "ride". Had a Slingshot and it was questionable whether you are riding or driving, but it is clear riding on a Ryker.
    Love the way you put that! As I still question how they consider a Slingshot a trike legally (Yes, I know it only has 3 wheels).

Spyder Garage

I bought mine feb 8 and will pass 3,000 miles today. I have no problems spending the whole day riding it. It would be nice to have a little more storage, but I find it quite comfortable. It feels a little like sitting "in" vs sitting "on" a motorcycle. I also have back and knee issues, as many older people have. I am kind of forced to to sit straight up and not slouching as I would in a car. I will leaving for a 190 mile ride to look at "tulips". I can't remember having so much fun. Yesterday my ride was 140 miles.

Spyder Garage

Hi,Bought a ryker yesterday for the wife,pick it up on the 30th.We had a 2014 rt limited for 3 years and decided no more long riding.I sold it last year and went back to 2 wheels to just ride local,wife decided not to ride any more,she had rode with me on the rt limited and rode scooters or automatic bikes before that.After she test drove the ryker she loved it,we will still just do short rides but she will be back in the saddle and if I get the itch for 3 wheels again I can take it out.It is a fun machine.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JAS POWER View Post
    Love the way you put that! As I still question how they consider a Slingshot a trike legally (Yes, I know it only has 3 wheels).
    Yeah, I guess if it has a handlebar, it is riding. If steering wheel it is driving.

Spyder Garage

Hi Joe. I am 74 and in good shape. Kinda... I have ridden my 600 Ace, on rides, consisting of 200 + and been comfortable, but then I needed a stop and walk session. No where as comfy as your Spyder, but lot's more fun. geo.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Geo333 View Post
    Hi Joe. I am 74 and in good shape. Kinda... I have ridden my 600 Ace, on rides, consisting of 200 + and been comfortable, but then I needed a stop and walk session. No where as comfy as your Spyder, but lot's more fun. geo.
    I have a big ole gel seat pad cover I originally had gotten for my Piaggio MP-3 500, that completely covers the Ryker seat (and then some). You might consider something like that for your Ryker.