Spyder Garage

Default GPS Mounting Ideas Needed '14 ST-S SE5

Hey ya'll...needing some input for mounting my Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS on my 2014 ST-S SE5. It also needs to be placed in such a manner I can run/hide the wires.

I know the simplest place is on the handle bars or in the center of them...but, I'm complicated and don't want to look down when riding. And, the handlebars will not work. I'd end up knocking it off.

I would feel more comfortable and safer with it being placed higher such as on the dash. However, as you know, the dash is not flat. It has that slight curve...just enough to possibly crack when mounting a flat base.

One idea is to use a flat rubber sheet cut to size on the base and some washers to level the base.

Another idea is Ram Mount has a new claw clamp and shield clamp. But, the claw clamp will stick out and will not look streamlined. I'd want a clean install. And, the shield clamp could vibrate loose over time if I do not remember to check it every time I ride.

I wish the RAM 1" Ball Compatible Dash Mount for the RT's would fit. I'm also not the handiest person, so I cannot just build or do much modifying...so, trial and error is very limited.

Thanks everyone and keep ryding!

-e
    Last edited by bayoumanPIBE; 04-25-2019 at 02:24 PM. Reason: misspelling
    Life's short...Play it by ear and ryde!

Spyder Garage

A friend pointed out some things I did not take into consideration when trying to mount to the dash. I wish it was as easy as drilling and bolting.

So, we began and took off part of the dash, windshield, left mirror, etc. since I'm already working on an upgrade.

I am also in the process of replacing the reflectors on the front fenders to LED's...along with the wiring to make those LED's blink when the turn signals are on...2+ birds 1 stone...

BTW...you ever tried to unbolt one of the front tires from the inside without busting a knuckle and using a bunch of four letter words??? One of the hardest bolts I've ever tackled. Whatever Loctite BRP uses is not of this world.
    Life's short...Play it by ear and ryde!

Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster has the Answer...

I used a LaMonster Cuff to mount CB radio on the left next to the switch housing. Neither of us wanted it mounted low. I think I bought the mount with a 1" Ram Ball on it... Tried to load my pictures but wont work...

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-a...ies-lamonster/