Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Go Cruise Throttle Control and Ryker Rally

Good morning everyone, before I spend the money, this should work with the Rally right? Put on a 1000 miles in a few weeks, thought my right hand was paralyzed forever. It's coming back.

https://www.amazon.com/Go-Cruise-Mot...s%2C252&sr=8-8

Spyder Garage

Default Not sure...

there are many after market cruise control systems out there. I have not seen this one or know how it works with no further information. The throttle systems are similar on bikes and the spyders so if they say it will work and has good ratings give it a try and let us know....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

That throttle control will work on the Rally because of the hand guards.

Those things are designed to rest on the hand brake (which Rykers obviously do not have).

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It may not be long enough to hit the hand guard on the Rally. I believe these rely on the front brake lever to function, which the Rally doesn’t have. cueman. I certainly type slow! LOL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    It may not be long enough to hit the hand guard on the Rally. I believe these rely on the front brake lever to function, which the Rally doesn’t have. cueman. I certainly type slow! LOL
    It is. QuasiMotoTard has a vid on youtube for it.
    https://youtu.be/KPAomxzdCiE

Spyder Garage

I have one of these devices that I used on my VStrom
    PM sent.

David C.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

I'm still waiting on my Caterpillar yellow o-rings which make a highly effective cruise control.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen47 View Post
    I'm still waiting on my Caterpillar yellow o-rings which make a highly effective cruise control.

The thing about those is the friction is never removed, correct? With something like the Go-Cruise you can remove the friction quite easily, I have one on my Yamaha

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KC61 View Post
    The thing about those is the friction is never removed, correct? With something like the Go-Cruise you can remove the friction quite easily, I have one on my Yamaha
    True, but it is not like there is any difficulty twisting the throttle back to idle. In both types, if you suddenly passed out, neither one would return to idle, but probably would be the least of your worries!

Spyder Garage

Take a look at these. Less expensive, and they work: https://www.crampbuster.com/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IgoFar2 View Post
    Take a look at these. Less expensive, and they work: https://www.crampbuster.com/
    Had one of those. Didn't care for it. Problem is, if you remove your hand to shake it down, you slow down. Not so with yellow o-ring.

Spyder Garage

I have both a throttle 'lock' and a 'crampbuster' (also known as 'wristrest') on my FJR; they will be transferred to the Ryker (one week and counting!)

Spyder Garage

I like how this one works, although it's kind of expensive.

https://www.atlasthrottlelock.com/pr...-throttle-lock

Spyder Garage

FINALLY was able to get mirror off in order to install throttle locking o-ring. Surprisingly it took only one o-ring to lock the throttle. I thought it would take 2 or 3. So now I have 3 extra o-rings. If anyone wants one, PM me your address.

As successfully installed on Ryker:

Spyder Garage

The only safe cruise type item. Go to Google and type in crampbuster. Completely safe and releases automatically when let go. Your hand only has to lay on the bars to cruise.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sledder View Post
    The only safe cruise type item. Go to Google and type in crampbuster. Completely safe and releases automatically when let go. Your hand only has to lay on the bars to cruise.
    O-ring completely safe too.

Spyder Garage

My friend Duane used his Go-Cruise but modified it with a length of plastic tubing to make it reach the hand guard. It also served to tighten the friction against the grip. He said it would hold OK but not indefinately. I've noticed the same thing on my FJR; bike will slowly slow down and I've used a silicon sleeve to give it more friction. Have not tried mine on the Rally yet but sun will be up soon!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McRuss View Post
    My friend Duane used his Go-Cruise but modified it with a length of plastic tubing to make it reach the hand guard. It also served to tighten the friction against the grip. He said it would hold OK but not indefinately. I've noticed the same thing on my FJR; bike will slowly slow down and I've used a silicon sleeve to give it more friction. Have not tried mine on the Rally yet but sun will be up soon!
    Yeah, with my last bike (actually trike) a Piaggio MP-3 500, It took two Caterpillar yellow o-rings. With one, it did the same thing; slowly slowed down.

But on the Ryker, it appears only one o-ring required for great throttle hold.

Spyder Garage

O-ring completely safe too.
    I respectfully disagree. Anything that holds the throttle open without human intervention is a danger. But the hair band and o-ring thing has been around a long time.

Spyder Garage

I respectfully disagree. Anything that holds the throttle open without human intervention is a danger. But the hair band and o-ring thing has been around a long time.
    If you have a need to slow down, and deliberately/stubbornly refuse to "intervene" (i.e. appropriately lower throttle level), then one is a buffoon. Makes no sense that anybody wouldn't!

Spyder Garage

I agree to disagree. O ring is a cheap last resort not my first choice. My take on the use of o ring was to get one that is thick enough to be rolled into the groove between the throttle tube and the housing only when needed and to roll out when not. Not to be there to restrict the auto throttle return as was intended by the builder.

Spyder Garage

If you have a need to slow down, and deliberately/stubbornly refuse to "intervene" (i.e. appropriately lower throttle level), then one is a buffoon. Makes no sense that anybody wouldn't!
    I think you are missing the point again. If an emergency happens and the throttle doesn't return it is a safety issue. That's why they have throttle returns.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by honsfun View Post
    I agree to disagree. O ring is a cheap last resort not my first choice. My take on the use of o ring was to get one that is thick enough to be rolled into the groove between the throttle tube and the housing only when needed and to roll out when not. Not to be there to restrict the auto throttle return as was intended by the builder.
    It is apparently you have NEVER tried one.

Think about it!: Do you deliberately take your hand off the throttle when you approach a sudden red light to let the weak spring return fuel input to very low, or do you instinctively twist it to idle speed to stop? I'm confident the later is a basic truism.

Spyder Garage

I think you are missing the point again. If an emergency happens and the throttle doesn't return it is a safety issue. That's why they have throttle returns.
    Give an example of "emergency" whereby you don't instinctively shut throttle off. I suppose if one has a sudden massive heart attack and instantly pass out, it may make a slight difference. But at highway speeds fuel still being injected in your engine is the least of your problems!

Spyder Garage

Have you ever crashed a motorcycle?? Do you think the 1st or last thing you think of is twisting the throttle closed?