Spyder Garage

Default how to replace battery in my can am rt

how to replace battery in my can am rt what panels have to come off HELP becase i can not see the battery other than the _ and + posts

Spyder Garage

What year is your RT?
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by electricman View Post
    how to replace battery in my can am rt what panels have to come off HELP becase i can not see the battery other than the _ and + posts
    As asked above which year is your RT? Okay, so I don't know. But, here is a quote from the 2019 RT Owners Manual, pages 114-115.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Spyder Garage

I'm pretty sure that all the RT's from 2013 on have their batteries in the same place/same mounting/removal; it's only the 2010-2012 Rt's that had them in the box under the seat. So that pdf you linked IgoFar, should be pretty right!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

sarry for the delay 2011

Spyder Garage

thanks every one i will chack to see what i can see

Spyder Garage

Now that we know the year. We can be of some help. There is a YouTube video made by finless Bob. Give it a search.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

2011 RT battery R/R:
    Remove left mirror, left wind deflector, left upper panel, left middle panel, battery cover panel. Disconnect ground connection, positive connection, and rubber hold down strap. Battery slides up and back while rotating out. Insert new battery, connect positive lead, negative lead, and rubber strap. Test by starting bike. If it starts, button up the Tupperware and mirror. About 45 minutes to an hour. The rubber strap can be challenging. Pretty easy. Take your time. Call if you get stuck. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

thank you for your info , but i metered may battery comes up with 13,6 volts so i should have had it to start so maybe starter well ??????? help bike week starts in one day

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Basic turn key, push mode button, make sure the kill switch is off, step on brake, push start button. If you don't follow that you will not start bike.
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

hey long time geting back to you , i tryed with a power jumper battery was dead its ben a long time lol,i got the battery on slow charge i will try later. thanks for t he info.

Spyder Garage

hello again no luck ,horn , lights, blankers,dash board instruments,radio, all work but will not start battery shows charged HELP what could it be. Brian

Spyder Garage

My can am is a 2011 spyder RT how to replace the battery is show good but mabe ???? i just dont know

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hello my friend. Try reading this old post it may help you work through some things https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ght=start+fuse. This will run you through a lot of possibilities. good luck let us know how it gos
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by electricman View Post
    hello again no luck ,horn , lights, blankers,dash board instruments,radio, all work but will not start battery shows charged HELP what could it be. Brian
    Battery showing full charged doesn't mean anything, except that it is fully charged. Now, an old battery may have only 10% of the capacity of a new battery so it can be fully charged but still not have enough ooomph to start. If the voltage drops below 10.5 as soon as you hit the start button no start action takes place. Does your cluster screen go wacky when you hit the start button? If so, then for 100% sure your battery is shot.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

How old is the battery? If more than 2 years its suspect, 3+ just replace it and get on with it. They are not that expensive, I got one for around 60 online. You have to get a sealed AGM since it sits on its side. One other thing to make sure of is that the connections are on tight, if they loosen up a bit, you may have enough voltage for everything to boot up, but once you turn the key, the voltage drop from the poor connection can cause the bike to go back into the boot sequence on the dash.

A couple of pics to see how it sits:

2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black