Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Had mine done about a month ago. At first the dealer use the old "there is no recall on your VIN". Had to explain to him it is not a recall. After much discussion, he did the update but after waiting almost one hour for him to go look and buy a USB cable. Needs to connect to the BRP connect port and another port located behind the panel on the right side. Got the 20.8 now.
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDodgers View Post
    I just visited my dealer today with my 18 RT Limited specifically to get the 20.8 software update, and got the old “ our system shows you are already on the current version for your VIN.” Which of course is 13.20
    your dealer is wrong, the latest for 18 & up is 20.8 be sure to tell them that it is the digital cluster software update.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Has anyone seen a list of just what bug fixes, improvements and new features firmware update 20.8 provides? I got my 2018 RT updated to 20.8 last week but don't know what, if any, new features there are except for the miles-to-empty indicator on the dash. BRP Connect seems to work better now, but does anyone know what else has changed?

2018 RT Ltd.
    2018 RT Ltd , Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Winni-Laker View Post
    Has anyone seen a list of just what bug fixes, improvements and new features firmware update 20.8 provides? I got my 2018 RT updated to 20.8 last week but don't know what, if any, new features there are except for the miles-to-empty indicator on the dash. BRP Connect seems to work better now, but does anyone know what else has changed?
    Big three I know. BRP connect is more stable (on my bike), miles to empty, and you can now bluetooth FM and AUX signals to a helmet.
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Add another- The statistics for average speed and miles per gallon on mine were originally frozen on the total trip odometer, I think my MPG was locked at 70, not sure on the speed.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    Add another- The statistics for average speed and miles per gallon on mine were originally frozen on the total trip odometer, I think my MPG was locked at 70, not sure on the speed.
    That was fixed at firmware level 13.2. That is as long as both trip meters and total meter were reset afterwards.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Ah, I see. I took ownership of my 2018 RTL with version 10.5. Seems like it was a bit behind!
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Yea, my new off the floor 2018 also had 10.5....had to go 100 miles round trip to the dealer for a FREEand 40 minute upgrade to 20.....

2 Wheels (ST1100, Marauder, Honda Shadow, Honda Rebel) 3 wheels (2018 Spyder RT Ltd)

Foam grip covers
    Tri-Axis Handlebars.....

Spyder Garage

My wife just had the initial service done on her 2018 RT. As the dealer said, they installed the 20.80 software version and I now see distance to empty on the screen.
    What else does the update do?
    2021 Grey RT Limited, Dark Edition; Baja Ron sway bar; Spyder Pops front fender and mirror pod LED turn signals

Spyder Garage

Had mine done about a month ago. At first the dealer use the old "there is no recall on your VIN". Had to explain to him it is not a recall. After much discussion, he did the update but after waiting almost one hour for him to go look and buy a USB cable. Needs to connect to the BRP connect port and another port located behind the panel on the right side. Got the 20.8 now.

So? Does BRP not have mandatory schools for dealer techs? I see comments like this all the time, both here and on Facebook. My dealer's service techs seem to know what is going on and no big deal. Of course, I am fortunate that the dealer has a big trade in Sea Doos and BRP quads.
    2021 Grey RT Limited, Dark Edition; Baja Ron sway bar; Spyder Pops front fender and mirror pod LED turn signals

Spyder Garage

The dealer connected yesterday my F3 Ltd to the computer and the system said there were a new cluster version and it was as "mandatory" to install
    After installation I can see the 20.8 version
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

I purchased a new 2018 RT Limited July 1, 19 and had multiple issues which I was able to find from this forum. It made communicating with the dealer NOLA Powersports much easier. It all took several hours but they very courteous and professional and a job well done.

I just had the 20.8 installed Tuesday 9/10/19. I had the entire left hand module replaced due to other problems but it solved the problem that I was occasionally having with shifting into gear without having to restart. The two front lower speaker grills were deformed, dealer replaced at the same time. I also had the belt vibration from 71mph to 72mph just enough to be annoying. My dealer installed the idler and as for belt damage, if my idler fails and causes belt damage then its covered. Since it's a new bike I didn't want to risk warranty issues.

Thanks to all for the input, this forum is a great asset.