Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default 2019 Spyder RT Limited - Firmware Updatee

Just had my 2018 Spyder RT Limited firmware updated to new version... big change. Can now see miles to empty, mpg avg/instant and same for speed. Radio sounds better, in general the digital system now works as it should.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rpainter View Post
    Just had my 2018 Spyder RT Limited firmware updated to new version... big change. Can now see miles to empty, mpg avg/instant and same for speed. Radio sounds better, in general the digital system now works as it should.
    I'll be having my dealer perform a firmware update soon on my 2018 RT Limited. Can you tell me what version of BRP Connect is now installed on your RT following the update you just had done?

2018 RT Ltd.
    2018 RT Ltd , Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

New version is 20.8
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Getting the update tomorrow AM....I report the findings.

Spyder Garage

Had the 20.8 installed today. As mentioned before everything works the way it supposed to now...instant mpg, avg.mpg, dist. to empty, even Bluetooth connects!

Spyder Garage

All,

This may be a general Spyder thing, but please check the self canceling feature on your Spyder after the 20.8 update. I think mine has about the longest cycle I've ever seen on a bike, provided you are traveling down the road when you initiate it. At turns it performs much like other bikes, and cancels quickly after the turn. It doesn't seem to cancel if sitting still, which is normal. But if you do a lane change signal they seem to stay on a very long time. Since the turn signal cancel button is so cantankerous, I'd like to shorten the cycle.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    All,

This may be a general Spyder thing, but please check the self canceling feature on your Spyder after the 20.8 update. I think mine has about the longest cycle I've ever seen on a bike, provided you are traveling down the road when you initiate it. At turns it performs much like other bikes, and cancels quickly after the turn. It doesn't seem to cancel if sitting still, which is normal. But if you do a lane change signal they seem to stay on a very long time. Since the turn signal cancel button is so cantankerous, I'd like to shorten the cycle.
    The turn signal self cancel will happen after 30 seconds while moving. Seems like a long time. But has been the same for Spyders since the beginning.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Wouldn't be great if BRP would program the cancel feature to use the same function as turning it on? You could turn a blinker on as you do now but to cancel you 'turn it on' again. The logic should be easy to program. When you hit the switch, the computer would check to see if it is already on, if not it would turn it on, if it is already on then it would turn it off.

=bob=
    2018 RTL--------------------------------2018 RTL
    Champagne Metallic-------------------Oxford Blue
    Lamonster Pegs------------------------Lamonster Pegs
    Motorcycle Dave Gel seat inserts----Motorcycle Dave Gel seat inserts
    Big Bike Parts Backrests--------------Big Bike Parts Backrests
    Magic Mirror mounts------------------Magic Mirror mounts
    Tri-Axis Handlebar---------------------Tri-Axis Handlebar
    KurYakyn Grips-------------------------Foam Grips

2018 Limited , Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Just push straight in to cancel turn signal.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JeffandLori View Post
    Just push straight in to cancel turn signal.
    Agreed, however pushing that button straight in isn't as easy as it sounds. I've turned on the opposite signal, then back to the original direction a few times before hitting dead center to cancel. Button could have been designed a little more user friendly(IMHO). Or...….maybe it's just me.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    ......….maybe it's just me.

Yeah.......... Nope! I'm pretty sure it's not just you!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Not just you.

Spyder Garage

No, its not...bought a 2018 off the showroom floor on 5/6...got to reading the forum about firmware and checked my NEW bike and it was 11.0...NOT 13 anything, or 20.8, but 11.0...called the dealer service...he said bring it in...did so (a 50 mile one way trip) and in 15 minutes had it back, updated, and NO cost...love that dealer...that being said, where does it tell Miles to Empty?????

2 Wheels (ST1100, Marauder, Honda Shadow, Honda Rebel) 3 wheels (2018 Spyder RT Ltd)

Foam grip covers
    Tri-Axis Handlebars.....

Spyder Garage

Agreed, however pushing that button straight in isn't as easy as it sounds. I've turned on the opposite signal, then back to the original direction a few times before hitting dead center to cancel. Button could have been designed a little more user friendly(IMHO). Or...….maybe it's just me.
    No it is not just you as i have done the same .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

No it's just not you.I seen me push the cancel button only to find now flashing on opposite side.The ones following me must think I'm crazy or lost
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Spyder Garage

The problem with canceling the turn signal is NOT with the operator but with the switch itself. See https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...g-turn-signals. I had the entire left hand module replaced due to other problems but it solved the problem that I was always having with canceling the turn signal. I could only successfully cancel about 30% of the time and now I am successfull nearly 100% of the time.

So if there is anyone out there (and I know there is) that has this problem do the following:
    1) Ask a friend if you can sit on their bike and test their turn signal to compare it to yours.
    2) Ask a friend to sit on your bike and have them try to cancel the turn signal.
    3) Go to a Spyder dealer and sit on a new Spyder and test the turn signals on it.
    4) If you are still convinced that your Spyder has a problem with canceling the turn signal, talk to the service rep.

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016
    SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera
    Show Chrome Back Rest , Show Chrome Hitch
    Leesure-lite trailer, Harbor Freight tag along trailer (sold)
    Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames
    BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors, DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs,
    DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags, Method to open Frunk and seat without using key,
    LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rpainter View Post
    I just visited my dealer today with my 18 RT Limited specifically to get the 20.8 software update, and got the old “ our system shows you are already on the current version for your VIN.” Which of course is 13.20

North Las Vegas, NV, Third Rock From The Sun
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDodgers View Post
    I just visited my dealer today with my 18 RT Limited specifically to get the 20.8 software update, and got the old “ our system shows you are already on the current version for your VIN.” Which of course is 13.20
    Tell your dealer their computer based data system is NOT correct. Tell them to plug in the darned update cable then look at the RT's digital screen to see that the update is available. If they say that isn't so, tell them to call BRP while you are there. If they still say no, tell them you are going to get a lawyer and sue them for refusing to perform available warranty service for your RT. Then when they finally install the update, find a different "my dealer" for the future.
    2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Just went to the dealer yesterday with my 2018 RTL. Got the same old "VIN not due for an update". I pressured them with all the arguments, they graciously tried the hookup. It worked, but they said they had trouble getting it to go. I must say I like the new features. Miles to empty, averages working as well. Haven't checked on the Bluetooth stuff yet.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DuckDodgers View Post
    your dealer is wrong, the latest for 18 & up is 20.8 be sure to tell them that it is the digital cluster software update.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Has anyone seen a list of just what bug fixes, improvements and new features firmware update 20.8 provides? I got my 2018 RT updated to 20.8 last week but don't know what, if any, new features there are except for the miles-to-empty indicator on the dash. BRP Connect seems to work better now, but does anyone know what else has changed?

2018 RT Ltd.
    2018 RT Ltd , Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Winni-Laker View Post
    Has anyone seen a list of just what bug fixes, improvements and new features firmware update 20.8 provides? I got my 2018 RT updated to 20.8 last week but don't know what, if any, new features there are except for the miles-to-empty indicator on the dash. BRP Connect seems to work better now, but does anyone know what else has changed?
    Big three I know. BRP connect is more stable (on my bike), miles to empty, and you can now bluetooth FM and AUX signals to a helmet.
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I just watched a Shaun Smokes video and he said brp has approved the 2019 software for the 2018"s. So dealers should be catching up.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JeffandLori View Post
    I just watched a Shaun Smokes video and he said brp has approved the 2019 software for the 2018"s. So dealers should be catching up.
    I had it done on my 2018 RTL today.
    2018 Spyder RT Limited
    Asphalt Gray
    Can Am Passenger Armrests
    Can Am Comfort Seat
    Spyder Accessories Floating Footpegs
    Utopia Driver Backrest
    Bajaron Sway Bar
    Sena 20s Bluetooth
    Lidlocks Helmet Holders
    F4 Tall and Wide Tinted Windshield
    Fobo Tire Monitor
    Lamonster Spyderdock Cell Phone Holder
    Sheepskin Seat Cover
    Drink2Go Cup Holders
    Magic Mirror
    Can Am Trailer Hitch
    Missing Belt Guard

Wish List - LED Headlights and Fog lights

Spyder Garage

Dealer updated my 2018 last FRiday..free...no questions asked.