Spyder Garage

Default RS Lifting Points

Just bought a Harbor Freight motorcycle/atv lift. Which lifting points are people with RS vintage Spyders using? Any helpful tips? I'm going to be putting on Ron's sway bar and Lamonster's highway pegs. This will be my first time giving my Spyder some "air." Thanks.

Spyder Garage

lift on the spine or the center chassis part close to the front.you may need to run up a block of wood to get it high enough to get the lifter under the spine.the gs are lower than the later models.

Spyder Garage

I have a HF lift and need to run the front tires up onto 2X8s to get good clearance under the bike. When placing the lift, just make sure it contacts the frame and nothing else. In order to install the bar, you will need to lift the bike, jack it with jack stands, block under the lift and raise it more and then jack the bike again. I think you need something like 22-24 inches to change the bar and the HF lift will not go that high with one lift. Good luck..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Default Try This....

20150630_123305.jpg although the sway bar I changed on the ground removing the frunk and taking advantage to grease the front end...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the tips. I'm planning to take the frunk off to have good access for the bar swap. I know it is a good time to get at the zirk fittings for grease. Just regular auto grease or does BRP have a special formula there too? Uh oh, starting another thread almost as long as the oil thread with all the different grease formulas out there.

Spyder Garage

a good quality high temp wheel bearing grease i use.a valvoline brand.i think any good chassis type grease would be fine.