Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Sena Bluetooth Communicators -A Few Questions

I own a Sena 20S, which I use with a modular helmet. My brother uses this Sena Model with his half-helmet.

Today, we finally got to ride together and it was great to be able to communicate. However, I have two questions:

1. Since he uses a half helmet, his mike is exposed to the open air. Consequently, I get A LOT of his wind noise coming thru my 20S headset. Is there any way to reduce or even eliminate this wind noise without sacrificing his voice volume/quality?

2. Also, I have a Bluetooth TomTom Rider GPS. When riding alone, it provides me voice directions thru the 20S. But as soon as I turned it on today, I lost communication with my brother. The GPS worked fine though. So, is there any way to still communicate with another rider without having the GPS cut the connection?

Thanks!
    Bert

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

He should have had a small foam windsock to slip over the microphone.

If it's not on the mic, he should put it on if he still has it.

If he does not have one (mine eventually fell apart), he can fashion a sort of cover with some fabric.

I used a piece of black felt wrapped around the mic and tied with a length of black shoelace and then trimmed any excess material.

If he already has the windsock installed, I'm afraid there is not much more he can do.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Spyder Garage

download the SENA-APP for to configure the Sena..
    That`s the easy way..

Reiner
    2014 STS SE5 , circuit yellow (metallic)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    I own a Sena 20S, which I use with a modular helmet. My brother uses this Sena Model with his half-helmet.

Today, we finally got to ride together and it was great to be able to communicate. However, I have two questions:

1. Since he uses a half helmet, his mike is exposed to the open air. Consequently, I get A LOT of his wind noise coming thru my 20S headset. Is there any way to reduce or even eliminate this wind noise without sacrificing his voice volume/quality?

2. Also, I have a Bluetooth TomTom Rider GPS. When riding alone, it provides me voice directions thru the 20S. But as soon as I turned it on today, I lost communication with my brother. The GPS worked fine though. So, is there any way to still communicate with another rider without having the GPS cut the connection?

Thanks!
    Visit the Sena website and download the 20S owners manual. It describes over half a dozen ways to pair different devices and describes what each one will and will not allow. There is one that allows both bike to bike communication and GPS announcements though I can't recall which one it is at the moment. Whichever one it happens to be works just fine with my 20S communicators and Garmin GPS.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ottawa-rider View Post
    He should have had a small foam windsock to slip over the microphone.

If it's not on the mic, he should put it on if he still has it.

If he does not have one (mine eventually fell apart), he can fashion a sort of cover with some fabric.

I used a piece of black felt wrapped around the mic and tied with a length of black shoelace and then trimmed any excess material.

If he already has the windsock installed, I'm afraid there is not much more he can do.
    He SHOULD still have everything that came with it. We'll check and give it a try - Thanks!
    Bert

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Visit the Sena website and download the 20S owners manual. It describes over half a dozen ways to pair different devices and describes what each one will and will not allow. There is one that allows both bike to bike communication and GPS announcements though I can't recall which one it is at the moment. Whichever one it happens to be works just fine with my 20S communicators and Garmin GPS.
    Thanks for the tip about the downloadable manual. I looked at the "GPS Pairing" section, and that's what we had already done, but the communication between us cut out anyway (It's not supposed to....). We'll double-check the settings, and re-pair etc the next time he visits. Thanks!
    Bert

Spyder Garage

If you haven’t already got this to work...try unpairing everything and start over per the manual. I had a similar issue with the SR10 and a CB...but unpaired everything...phone, gps, CB, etc and then repaired and worked like a charm. Sometimes it has to be in a certain order to avoid conflicts.