Spyder Garage

Default GPS / Navigation Question 2016 F3T

Maybe a dumb question, but here it goes anyway: So I notice when scrolling through the inputs on my 2016 F3T there is a navigation screen. Is there some sort of "out-of-sight" plug in where navigation will show/play through the audio system on this byke?

TIA
    2016 F3T , Red

Spyder Garage

Not a dumb question.

Yes you can connect a GPS to a 2016 F3T. I would have to look it up for the location for your model for sure, but I would guess the connectors will be on the left side. Under the body work, under the seat.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

What exactly do you connect? And then it just displays on the screen that is built into the bike?
    2016 F3T , Red

Spyder Garage

It is designed for the Garmin Zumo 590 motorcycle GPS. If you by the GPS kit from BRP. It has the hardware to mount the GPS to the center of the handle bars. The wiring harness from the mount is connected to 12V power and inputs audio to the radio. The map is displayed on the GPS. The audio comes from the Spyder speakers. The GPS can be used as a mp3 player. That is what the screen, that you saw is for. But if you are listening to FM radio for example. It will mute the FM while the GPS give out turn directions.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

See the item labeled GPS2
    Attached Images Attached Images

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

The Garmin Zumo will also bluetooth to your headset, which is much easier to understand going down the highway

Spyder Garage

If you have a Zumo 590 you can purchase a mini-SD card that you can load with music and insert in the GPS. You open the back of the GPS, lift the battery and you will expose the slot for the SD card. If playing the MP3 player in the Zumo it will mute the music for turn-by-turn directions and school zone warnings from the GPS. Garmin OEM Product Support, 855-607-2536, can help too.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone ... I've been thinking about possibly the 396 LMT-S. I assume it works much the same way. Really I just want to have the ability to Bluetooth directions into my helmet with least cost possible and without mounting my phone on the handlebars. I have ZERO interest in getting phone calls or text or FB message notifications while riding. Hoping to maybe pick up a good used unit one day. I use Amazon Prime music for my tunes (on an old iPhone plugged into the USB in the glove compartment) so I don't think I can save the music to an SD card.
    2016 F3T , Red

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

>CLICK ME< then scroll down to GPS. There is a wealth of information there on the 2016 F3T and how to hook up a Garmin Nüvi with audio. You can pick up a Nüvi 56lm for just about $60 on eBay and make it work with the GPS audio in.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Let me ask this odd question. I have an old iPhone (no cellular service) that I use as my music player for Amazon Music I have downloaded for offline use. I plug the iPhone into the USB in the glove compartment. If I download Rever app with maps for offline use and plug the 3.5 jack into the iPhone as well. Will the GPS directions overide the music when necessary?
    2016 F3T , Red