Spyder Garage

Question Tupperware damage

The previous owner trailer the RT a long ways on a open trailer, only to find the factory (read expensive) cover that unzipped at the antenna opening, flapping for hundreds of miles. The cover zipper did the following damage as shown by the white dots in the picture. Each dot is like a tiny crater with a raised rim. I dont want to get it repainted, and other solutions? I was wondering if some like Turtle Wax Black Box would work, but what about the tiny pit roughness?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sand it smooth and cover with decal or shrink wrap material?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Geep View Post
    The previous owner trailer the RT a long ways on a open trailer, only to find the factory (read expensive) cover that unzipped at the antenna opening, flapping for hundreds of miles. The cover zipper did the following damage as shown by the white dots in the picture. Each dot is like a tiny crater with a raised rim. I dont want to get it repainted, and other solutions? I was wondering if some like Turtle Wax Black Box would work, but what about the tiny pit roughness?
    Why not get it painted? I know you said you didn't want to...but if you can take the panel(s) to a body shop, they should be able to color match and refinish and paint fairly cheaply I would think...just a thought
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White