Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I've been researching fog lights and even factory brp ones have the gap to help with heat issues and as the other member mentioned you can order heat resistant caps that go around the light brp sells them for 8.99 a piece so im going to order that to see if it helps.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donhy View Post
    I've been researching fog lights and even factory brp ones have the gap to help with heat issues and as the other member mentioned you can order heat resistant caps that go around the light brp sells them for 8.99 a piece so im going to order that to see if it helps.
    I see another report in the near future.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

A5277FA7-4601-48E4-BBDE-6371EDDDE5FA.jpg adding a couple washers to move them forward isn’t a bad idea. I ordered the heat shields from brp .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander View Post
    A5277FA7-4601-48E4-BBDE-6371EDDDE5FA.jpg adding a couple washers to move them forward isn’t a bad idea. I ordered the heat shields from brp .
    The gap is not too bad on the F3T its worse on F3, yours must be F3T ?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    I see another report in the near future.
    Yes once i finish all other mods im going to revisit this one again.

Spyder Garage

Looks as thought they can be moved forward 1/2" to 3/4" -- agree?
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

Looks as thought they can be moved forward 1/2" to 3/4" -- agree?
    Yes absolutley

Spyder Garage

vtrider....those appear to be the same lights as donhy put on his bike. Do you have that same gap?
    Yes, There is a gap between the DRL/fog lights and the cutout for the fog lights on the side panels. It would be nice to have some sort of bezel in place here to give it a more finished look. I can live wit hit though.

Spyder Garage

OK so it's close to perfect now, it was a bitch to get it aligned properly i didn't have the right shims so i was trying to get it working with what i had anyhow so move it forward by 1/2 inch and get the following shields and I can now say that I would recommend this but it is lot of work to get it done right. The only other thing i don't like but I can live with is with the lights going off when you have high beams. I like to have my high beams running during the day so now I have to chose between this or high beams. They could've have made this a perfect kit if they only spent a bit more time on the mounts.

705008995 LH Heat Shield
    705008996 RH Heat Shield
    2015 Canam Spyder F3-S SE6
    Detachable Passenger backrest #219400703
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Blue Ridge Windshield #219400746
    Hood stripes decal kit #219400711
    F3 Idler Pulley #219800431 / Lamonster roller upgrade
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Lamonster F3 bar clamp with Quad-lock phone mount
    Foam Hand Grip Covers
    Tufskinz Peel & Stick Tank Protector Pad (Glossy doomed carbon)

Spyder Garage

I have a pair of driving lights from ******* mounted inside the front fenders on my 2016 F3 L and the are great. Especially helpful when turning. be sure to mount sw within easy reach as they are very bright.

Spyder Garage
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Foam Hand Grip Covers

Spyder Garage

Many thanks donhy. You are a gentleman and a scholar! You were great to add all those photos too. I already called my dealer and ordered the shields. Now to figure out how to keep 'em on with both hi & lo beams. I love a challenge.

Spyder Garage

Many thanks donhy. You are a gentleman and a scholar! You were great to add all those photos too. I already called my dealer and ordered the shields. Now to figure out how to keep 'em on with both hi & lo beams. I love a challenge.
    It maybe as simple as removing a wire from the connector not sure how their led module is programmed. Wife was getting annoyed with me spending 2-3 days in the garage so i left it at that.
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Foam Hand Grip Covers

Spyder Garage

It maybe as simple as removing a wire from the connector not sure how their led module is programmed. Wife was getting annoyed with me spending 2-3 days in the garage so i left it at that.
    Mine are due Friday. After I have them, I intend to phone the originators/designers of these lights and ask them how I can wire them to be on for both hi & lo beams. I hope its as simple as you said.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

My thoughts are always "make my own."

>CLICK ME< scroll down to fog lights.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    My thoughts are always "make my own."
    >CLICK ME< scroll down to fog lights.
    I thought of doing that but got lazy and like the C shape DRL. I have a bucket list of DIY projects for the bike and I enjoy improvising.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

I thought of doing that but got lazy and like the C shape DRL. I have a bucket list of DIY projects for the bike and I enjoy improvising.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

The only other thing i don't like but I can live with is with the lights going off when you have high beams. I like to have my high beams running during the day so now I have to chose between this or high beams.
    I spoke with Reggie at the mfr of these ARC lights and he says that the fog light part should be on in both lo and hi beam modes. But in hi beam, the DRL goes out. He also stated that when you have the fogs switched off, the C shaped DRLs are on only when the lo beams are on. Are you experiencing something different?

Spyder Garage

I spoke with Reggie at the mfr of these ARC lights and he says that the fog light part should be on in both lo and hi beam modes. But in hi beam, the DRL goes out. He also stated that when you have the fogs switched off, the C shaped DRLs are on only when the lo beams are on. Are you experiencing something different?
    Thats what im experiencing but i would've prefered that c shaped lights run on high beams.
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Foam Hand Grip Covers

Spyder Garage

Thats what im experiencing but i would've prefered that c shaped lights run on high beams.
    Me too!

Spyder Garage

Nice job and thanks so much for the pics!! My lights just got delivered the other day, I haven't spent any time looking at them so am I to assume the all parts seen except the spacing washers came with the kit?

I'm assuming that there is a three wire lead coming out of the fixture housing; ground, DRL, and fog, if so we all we have to do is cut the DRL circuit out of the connector and then tie that wire into a hot when running circuit to allow the DRL to be on whenever the machine is running.

I hope to get into doing some lighting and wiring mods this weekend as long as it doesn't cut into quality riding time, golf time, and barbeque time
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoSpyder View Post
    Nice job and thanks so much for the pics!! My lights just got delivered the other day, I haven't spent any time looking at them so am I to assume the all parts seen except the spacing washers came with the kit?

I'm assuming that there is a three wire lead coming out of the fixture housing; ground, DRL, and fog, if so we all we have to do is cut the DRL circuit out of the connector and then tie that wire into a hot when running circuit to allow the DRL to be on whenever the machine is running.

I hope to get into doing some lighting and wiring mods this weekend as long as it doesn't cut into quality riding time, golf time, and barbeque time
    Spacing washers and heat shields dont come with a kit. Everything is plug and play and easy to do unless you are OCD like me and try to align everythinf perfectly than you just have to play with washers till you get it right. Yes there is a three wire connector right beside fog light housing.
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Foam Hand Grip Covers

Spyder Garage

Note you could also add spacers to the metal bracket holding the light but it didnt look as sturdy as the back mounting plate so i was worried id get vibrations, didnt want people ahead of me thinking im flashing lights at them
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Foam Hand Grip Covers

Spyder Garage

I had a piece of black plastic pipe on hand that measured just under 7/8" diameter and it friction fit nicely into the three recesses. So I set my band saw and cut six pieces 3/4" long and tapped them into place. The mounting bracket is now set forward like donhy's is. After everything was put back together, the lights are right where I wanted them.
    Thanks to donhy for showing the way with washers. I used his photo showing a stack of three washers as my guide by measuring a similar stack and then adding the depth on the recess.
    Sorry, no photos. Grandson and his 9 year old son came by and we all pitched in on the light installation. The boy loves learning and using tools, especially the powered ones. They made the job go a lot faster.
    I am very pleased with the Arc lights and the results.

Spyder Garage

I had a piece of black plastic pipe on hand that measured just under 7/8" diameter and it friction fit nicely into the three recesses. So I set my band saw and cut six pieces 3/4" long and tapped them into place. The mounting bracket is now set forward like donhy's is. After everything was put back together, the lights are right where I wanted them.
    Thanks to donhy for showing the way with washers. I used his photo showing a stack of three washers as my guide by measuring a similar stack and then adding the depth on the recess.
    Sorry, no photos. Grandson and his 9 year old son came by and we all pitched in on the light installation. The boy loves learning and using tools, especially the powered ones. They made the job go a lot faster.
    I am very pleased with the Arc lights and the results.
    I'm glad you like them, you are probably noticing now how yellow headlight bulbs are and thinking of replacing those with LED's
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Foam Hand Grip Covers