Spyder Garage

Default comfort passenger. seat with flip-up backrest

had the max-mount along with the drivers comfort seat and passenger comfort seat and flip-up backrest installed at dealer.
    now I push the unlock button to remove passenger seat and nothing. have tried sliding to front, then back nothing moves
    any one else having trouble or know the secret trick to remove?

Spyder Garage

Pushing the button down doesn't release the seat. I know because I was just playing with mine yesterday. Pushing it down actually locks it in place. When its popped up out above the seat is when it can be released...which is actually a great safety feature because it tells me that the seat will never fall off while you have a passenger sitting on it.

To release the passenger seat, reach down underneath the FRONT of the passenger seat and push the seat button up so it it sticks up and away from the seat about an inch...maybe more. (What that does when its pushed down is engages a large hole in the bracket its mounted to)
    Once the button is pushed up you can then push the seat forward towards the gas tank and it will then be able to be lifted out. Again, a great safety feature because the seat has to slide forward to come off of the mount.

Spyder Garage

Thanks, i popped the button up above seat and tried pushing toward gas tank and toward rear of bike with no luck moving
    Maybe too weak or it stuck

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Try bumping the passenger hand holds with the palms of your hands. When you get it off spray silicone spray to mating surface. May make it easier to get on and off next time. cueman

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Try bumping the passenger hand holds with the palms of your hands. When you get it off spray silicone spray to mating surface. May make it easier to get on and off next time. cueman
    Agreed...its a tight fit. I did the same thing with mine. I also noticed when bumping it back on it would try to rock in one direction or the other and it was just a matter of lining up. Plus I pushed down on the seat before trying to move it.
    It looks like it was designed with a slight wedge to it so it would be a tight fit as its pushed into final position. I prefer that to having something that rocks and rattles.

Spyder Garage

I pushed my button until it was practically falling out of the seat. It appears to be attached to the seat along its front edge though.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe try sitting on the passenger seat as you use your weight to slide forward. Make sure the button is up and unlocked. cueman

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    Pushing the button down doesn't release the seat. I know because I was just playing with mine yesterday. Pushing it down actually locks it in place. When its popped up out above the seat is when it can be released...which is actually a great safety feature because it tells me that the seat will never fall off while you have a passenger sitting on it.

To release the passenger seat, reach down underneath the FRONT of the passenger seat and push the seat button up so it it sticks up and away from the seat about an inch...maybe more. (What that does when its pushed down is engages a large hole in the bracket its mounted to)
    Once the button is pushed up you can then push the seat forward towards the gas tank and it will then be able to be lifted out. Again, a great safety feature because the seat has to slide forward to come off of the mount.
    What he said, have to get that release under the front of the passenger seat.