Spyder Garage

Default Tri Axis Ram Ball

All,

Anyone actually used this in the threaded hole at the front of the Tri Axis bars? I've heard 1/4 x 20, M6-1.25, etc. I believe this is M6-1.00

https://rammount.com/part/RAP-B-379U-M616

Thanks for any help.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    All,

Anyone actually used this in the threaded hole at the front of the Tri Axis bars? I've heard 1/4 x 20, M6-1.25, etc. I believe this is M6-1.00

https://rammount.com/part/RAP-B-379U-M616

Thanks for any help.
    Not 100% sure if that’s the exact same one that I have, but I do have a RamBall screwed into that center hole. Good and solid.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Not trying to steal the thread, just a quick question...

For those that have the Tri-Axis bars with a Spydercuff, what did you do to get the Spydercuff to fit snuggly? I purchased one from a SL member and it didn't come with the rubber inserts. The cuff isn't the same shape as the TA bars so there are large gaps between the bars and cuff and the center of the two sides doesn't really come together tightly when screwed in. And before you ask, Yes I've watched Lamonster's video that talks about which half the the front/top and which half is the back/bottom.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    All,

I just checked. The hole is M6-1.00.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

IdahoMtnSpyder,

Thanks for the physical inspection, it takes some effort to do these things. I also verified by going to Lowes and buying a bolt. It is M6-1 about ±1" or 25mm deep. So the Ram ball RAP-B-379U-M616 will fit. https://rammount.com/part/RAP-B-379U-M616.

The stud on that Ram Ball RAP-B-379U-M616 is only 6mm long. So you've got less than 1/4" thread penetration. Maybe not good enough for the thrashing it gets on a bike.

A better alternative may be this; https://rammount.com/part/RAM-B-273-M6U. It has a female 6mm -1 thread pitch, and you can get an M6-1 all thread about 7/8" and maximize the thread contact.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm using a RAM Motorcycle Base with 1" ball that has a 9mm hole that I bolt to the Trip-Axis center. https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Motorcy...%2C371&sr=8-18

nmOijyyXSDWjuUN8xTHUZA.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Mine works perfectly, but I got it from Lamonster and it came with the rubber inserts AND it still required a bit of wiggling and tightening to get it in the sweet spot.. Why don't you make some rubber inserts from an old inner tube or foam tape or other like product? I think you'll like the cuff if you get it to fit well.
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.