Spyder Garage

Default Accessory power fuse block

I would like to add a fuse block to expand accessory power add-ons beyond the 5 amps total limit on my Ryker 600. I know Lamonster offers an accessory line that allows you to add accessories, but it plugs into the existing accessory line which is limited to a total of 5 amps. Add on lighting, USB devices, audio devices, gps devices, etc. can quickly surpass the 5 amp limit of the existing accessory circuit.

Does anyone know where a fuse block could be wired in to provide additional accessory circuit outside the existing circuit. I don't want to wire directly to the battery and risk a battery drain because a device was left on or plugged in.

Spyder Garage

If you use one of the electronic fuse blocks (e.g. FZ-1) with built in relay, the main wires go straight to the battery. You will need access to a switched wire (e.g. accessory circuit) so some of the fuses switch on/off but easy to do ---- they allow you use of switched or not. There are many alternatives for this type of block, all the way to bluetooth controlled. the Neutrino smartphone controlled version is on the high end, and gives allot of alternatives, but a little pricy.

Know you said that you did not want to wire to the battery, but believe that it was the concern you mention on drain. If so these boxes will solve your issue.
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McClendons View Post
    If you use one of the electronic fuse blocks (e.g. FZ-1) with built in relay, the main wires go straight to the battery. You will need access to a switched wire (e.g. accessory circuit) so some of the fuses switch on/off but easy to do ---- they allow you use of switched or not. There are many alternatives for this type of block, all the way to bluetooth controlled. the Neutrino smartphone controlled version is on the high end, and gives allot of alternatives, but a little pricy.

Know you said that you did not want to wire to the battery, but believe that it was the concern you mention on drain. If so these boxes will solve your issue.
    Thanks McClendons. That's exactly what I'm looking for.

Spyder Garage

Has anyone used the Show Chrome Universal 12V Motorcycle Accessory Fuse Block with Turn Signal, DRL & Brake Light Integration?

Spyder Garage

bcraig, I have the showchrome on my Spyder, I have the other 2 I mentioned on a Slingshot. The showchrome works well and easy to install. I did not install the turn signal etc integration, I just cut those wires short. Shoeud have mentioned the showchrome as well, just could not think of the name.

I will say that if you are going to do allot of lights etc, the Neutrino has some nice functions, For example, leave lights on for X seconds after you shut vehicle off. A little expensive, so if you just need fuses the Showchrome is great. Top end phone control, the neutrino is state of the art
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

bcraig, I have the showchrome on my Spyder, I have the other 2 I mentioned on a Slingshot. The showchrome works well and easy to install. I did not install the turn signal etc integration, I just cut those wires short. Shoeud have mentioned the showchrome as well, just could not think of the name.

I will say that if you are going to do allot of lights etc, the Neutrino has some nice functions, For example, leave lights on for X seconds after you shut vehicle off. A little expensive, so if you just need fuses the Showchrome is great. Top end phone control, the neutrino is state of the art
    Thanks McClendons. I ordered the Showchrome product from Amazon for $39. The additional relay outputs might be nice for future use. I appreciate your assistance.

Spyder Garage

bcraig, One thought to mention. To keep size small, Showchrome has the positive and negative connections very close together. It is a similar approach to many other fuse blocks, so not a shortfall of show chrome, but you need to be very careful when hooking it up to avoid a short. You will see what I mean when you get it. Make sure that when you strip the wire, you cut it short enough to go all the way into the screw joint/receptacle of the fuse block. As it can be difficult to get exactly right, I've used heat shrink tubing on the positive wires before. Just go ahead and hook the up, slide the tubing as close to possible to the fuse block, and then heat it. That approach will typically cover even the smallest amount of exposed wiring. You will enjoy he flexibility of being able to easily add circuits.
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

bcraig, One thought to mention. To keep size small, Showchrome has the positive and negative connections very close together. It is a similar approach to many other fuse blocks, so not a shortfall of show chrome, but you need to be very careful when hooking it up to avoid a short. You will see what I mean when you get it. Make sure that when you strip the wire, you cut it short enough to go all the way into the screw joint/receptacle of the fuse block. As it can be difficult to get exactly right, I've used heat shrink tubing on the positive wires before. Just go ahead and hook the up, slide the tubing as close to possible to the fuse block, and then heat it. That approach will typically cover even the smallest amount of exposed wiring. You will enjoy he flexibility of being able to easily add circuits.
    Thanks McClendons. I noticed that in the pictures for the connections. Heat shrink tubing is a good idea.

Spyder Garage

I plan on adding a fuse block but was looking under the hood (actually installed a 12V outlet pre-fuse block) and I don't see a good place to mount one. I'm considering putting under the battery hold down strap but that is pretty tight.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2016 Spyder. Just wondering where you tied into the brake lights with the Show Chrome fuse Block and wher would you have tied into the lights, high beams and turn signals had you wanted to ties those into the box?