Spyder Garage

Default Max Mount Installation

For those of you that have installed the max mount yourself, can you tell me what type of screws you needed to remove below the seat (Star, Phillips, standard)? I’m trying to make sure I have the right tools at home for the job. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

I believe they are torx
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

They are torx. I can’t remember what size , maybe 16. They were a pita to get out, I am embarrassed to say! The biggest problem was figuring out they were torx.

Spyder Garage

I just put the Mmxmount on yesterday. You need Torx bits. ( these are torx screws ) There are six total screws. The two at the back of the seat near each other are easy to remove. Cant remember the size of the tors. There are 4 more screws, 2 on each side. The screws are smaller, also the size of tori bit that you use. I think down 1 or 2 sizes. If the side screws are loose and not falling out you can pull gently on the side panels and they will come straight out.. The max mount is easy to put on. The tori head on the screw is a #35[/B] A 30 is to small and a 40 is too big. Have Fun!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by graysonsway View Post
    I just put the Mmxmount on yesterday. You need Torx bits. ( these are torx screws ) There are six total screws. The two at the back of the seat near each other are easy to remove. Cant remember the size of the tors. There are 4 more screws, 2 on each side. The screws are smaller, also the size of tori bit that you use. I think down 1 or 2 sizes. If the side screws are loose and not falling out you can pull gently on the side panels and they will come straight out.. The max mount is easy to put on. The tori head on the screw is a #35[/B] A 30 is to small and a 40 is too big. Have Fun!!!
    It’s like I’m fish blindly into the holes, I can’t even see the screws or line up the torx bits. The adapter for the torx bits doesn’t fit properly in the hole where screws are located. It’s so stupid to have the location of the screws this way.

Spyder Garage

I had the same problem. I had a small flashlight and looked up in the holes to see the screws. I didn't see anything. I had my wife come out to see if she could find a screw up one of the holes. She did and thought that it as a smaller screw than the back 2 that I took out. We put a smaller bit in the adapter (the adapter is a little big) and she fished around but found all 4 screw. You can do it!!!

Spyder Garage

Can anyone tell me exactly what torx bit you need? I am getting really frustrated at BRP and their install instructions. It is nice that they have a website you can go to but the instructions themselves are lacking. You say I need to remove these 6 screws but you don't say what kind of screws they are? Makes no sense. Also why design them to be set back in the small holes the way they are?!

Spyder Garage

T20 torx
    2019 F3S , Blue

Spyder Garage

Thank you!

Spyder Garage

I made a discovery today. You don't have to remove the screws before you remove the rear spoiler. All three parts will come off if you just left up on them. Then you can remove the screws easy.