Thread: 2018 radio

Spyder Garage

Default 2018 radio

Is it possible to select your own radio stations by manual tuning and presetting, instead of radio presetting what I don't want? Sure wished owners manual covered things like this.

Spyder Garage

Yes you can. Just need to find the right screen.

Chose audio. Then FM. You will come to a screen that you likely have seen before. Notice the symbols that represent the joystick. See first picture for reference. Notice that some of the possible joystick functions has like a 3D shading and the up arrow one does not. What that means is the shaded ones have 2 functions. Center press button has the home symbol on it. It is also shaded so it has a second function. That means a short press will take it out of this menu back to the main. But if you do a long press on the center joystick will bring you to a different FM screen. That lets you tune and program each preset. See 2nd picture. Right and left presses will tune the station. Press the down arrow changes the screen. Then left and right arrows lets you chose the preset position. Down press with the green check mark. Locks in your choice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Thank You

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Yes you can. Just need to find the right screen.

Chose audio. Then FM. You will come to a screen that you likely have seen before. Notice the symbols that represent the joystick. See first picture for reference. Notice that some of the possible joystick functions has like a 3D shading and the up arrow one does not. What that means is the shaded ones have 2 functions. Center press button has the home symbol on it. It is also shaded so it has a second function. That means a short press will take it out of this menu back to the main. But if you do a long press on the center joystick will bring you to a different FM screen. That lets you tune and program each preset. See 2nd picture. Right and left presses will tune the station. Press the down arrow changes the screen. Then left and right arrows lets you chose the preset position. Down press with the green check mark. Locks in your choice.
    I just read through your detailed directions and wonder...... Whatever happened to a dial where you could choose the frequency. Then just push a button to lock it into your radio. Simple, effective, and didn't need to have a degree in computers to operate. I'm not knocking your explanation or disagreeing with anything you posted. Just making an observation. There are some "old school" things that I like better..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You'll find the missing instructions in the 2019 operators manual. Asked BRPcare and No they are not sending out supplements to 2018 owners.

http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...0-ecfe7269fbb1
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Very helpful response, thank you!

Spyder Garage

http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/O...9/619010EN.pdf

BRP Supplied 2019 RT Operators Guide. Read and print at your pleasure.

As an addendum, I think the 2019 Service Manual is also much more complete. So much so that I bought tone to work on my 2018 model.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.