Spyder Garage

Default First group ride Great fun

Today I went on a 5 hour run on the coast with a group called Abate, I think they're nation-wide. I was a little concerned about then looking down on my Ryker but no such issues. Most a bunch of older guys like my-self. A poker ride they called it. There was a support truck which was not needed but nice to have. I have been trying to find a group of like-minded riders for a while. Mostly Harley's and a few our brands but what was in common was having fun. And there where a few who were like my-self not feeling comfortable on 2 wheels anymore. If you have a chance to do a group ride, I suggest you give it a try. I know there are a few Spyders out there and will be trying to find them for a group ride. While it was all curves and speed changes, I had no trouble keeping up and I am looking forward to another ride. I might even join the club. There are some advantages to having a group of riders.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-08-2023 at 09:42 PM. Reason: there... ;-)

Spyder Garage

The east Texas BMW plus motorcycle club hosted our annual Texas National Picnic today. Mine was the only Ryker. I think every hiney in the group of 45 riders settled on the Ryker seat at one time or another.

Oh, and by the way, join
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

My wife & I have been members of ABATE for nearly 30yrs now. They used to have a bad rep but most chapters are now more in line with AMA & also do a lot for the local communities & veterans. Heck, the president of our chapter rides a Ural or some Russian built bike like that