Spyder Garage

Default F3 Limited 2017, 2018 or 2019

Anyone know any big differences between the years. I know I want a 2017 or newer because it comes with the rear trunk standard (don’t want to buy it separately) The LCD display on the 18 & 19 is not a big deal for me. I do like the front rims on the 19 but again not a big deal for me. I am looking to get all black one (no chrome), maybe the orange 19 but need to see it in person first. Any other big changes anyone knows would be great. Thanks
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JS3535 View Post
    Anyone know any big differences between the years. I know I want a 2017 or newer because it comes with the rear trunk standard (don’t want to buy it separately) The LCD display on the 18 & 19 is not a big deal for me. I do like the front rims on the 19 but again not a big deal for me. I am looking to get all black one (no chrome), maybe the orange 19 but need to see it in person first. Any other big changes anyone knows would be great. Thanks
    From lots I've read about on this forum, there were NO issues with the radio/ speaker sound etc., on the 17's ….. then in 18 & 19 they went to crap ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

There is different part numbers for the speakers. 18 & 19 are the same but 16 & 17 are different than 18 & 19’s (and more expensive) & a serial number break for 17 (split year). So it would seem that the cheaper newer speakers are crap? Or is it something else causing the problem.

Spyder Garage

Seeing the orange in person almost made me trade my 15 in!
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Particularly with the blacked out treatment! Looks fantastic!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

My wife just bought a 2019 in Orange. Looks awesome in the sun as well. She kept her Blade wheels and put them on.

She didn't have any issues with the speakers. She had them blasted without any distortion.

Unknown-7.jpg

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JS3535 View Post
    There is different part numbers for the speakers. 18 & 19 are the same but 16 & 17 are different than 18 & 19’s (and more expensive) & a serial number break for 17 (split year). So it would seem that the cheaper newer speakers are crap? Or is it something else causing the problem.
    From what others have said ( and from my listening to a 17 F-3 Ltd. ) the speakers sounded very good. In 18 & 19 folks are saying the speakers are Crappy now …. There also seems to be a connection to the NEW radio/stereo in 18 & 19 …… and price doesn't matter , I have JBL speakers that cost me 1/3 of what the OEM speakers cost ….. I would match my system up against anything anywhere …. They will be at SPYDERFEST this year ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

I have a buddy that owns a stereo shop so I figured we could figure something out for changing them out, unless they are a oddball size or something. I couldn’t find the amp for all years to see if they are the same or not. Besides the speakers, I can’t find any of big changes. I did find a 2017 and a dealer nearby but they are asking more for it than a 2019. Plus it’s white & chrome...not my favorite.

Spyder Garage

I bought a new 17 F3L last year because I did not want the new dash and electronics. Have heard of many problems with new set up. I have a separate Garmin GPS and don’t use any of the other stuff. Saved many $1000s.
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents

Spyder Garage

I don’t think I can sell my bike for anywhere near what I would like to get for it. So I’m probably going to keep it & do some major changes to it. Not going to say too much yet, but when I get done with it, it will be 1 of a kind.

Spyder Garage

I have an 18. BRP connect is the reason I bought an 18 over a 17. I should have bought the 17. BRP Connect is a huge disappointment.
    BKMNI
    RWP!
    2018 F3 Limited
    Intense Red Pearl

2015 Harley Davidson
    FLRT "Freewheeler"
    Vivid Black

2018 F3 Limited Dark , Stock Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    That is exactly what I did!!

Spyder Garage

I’m glad I didn’t sell mine after all. I like the way it is now.
    D52D31BC-F711-40C3-ACFD-802692466A6E.jpg
    It really is a sickness!

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

The new ones have bad speakers. I do know on the old 16-17, the stereo is under the seat while on newer models, it's in the dash. That may be why the speakers suck. Don't know. I do know the older radio/amp is a bugger to put different speakers in. Any i've tried won't work. Should find a solution by the end of June and will post about it.

PS: Mike, your jbl's will not work on an F3. This is the F3 board.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

I have a 2018 Limited. Pretty much everything other members have said is what I'm experiencing, crappy speakers, BRP connect is disappointing and when I saw the orange, I wanted to trade in my red one, It's beautiful! I get a lot of crackling from the speakers at highway speeds. I've taken it to the dealer and BRP told them to clean the terminals on the speaker connections.(didn't help) I will take it back and raise hell until they fix the problem. This bike cost too much for a crappy sound system.

Spyder Garage

Well, I must have the only one out there with good speakers. My 2019 (with 20.8 firmware) sounds great at any speed. I have the treble and bass set at their midpoints and the auto volume on. I wear a full coverage Nolan helmet with earplugs and it still sounds great. I just sold my 2015 Goldwing and the Spyder is as good or better than the wing. I have no problems with any aspect of BRP Connect - love it .
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I looked around and found a ‘17 F3L last spring because didnot want the new dash. And as suspected there we were lot of problems. I use a Garmin Zumo and Sena communicator to get most featured..
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents

Spyder Garage

My 2018 F3L speakers sound much better after the 20.8 update also. I do not use BRP connect. Just my music on my phone. FM still has crappy reception but is bluetooth now.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    My 2018 F3L speakers sound much better after the 20.8 update also. I do not use BRP connect. Just my music on my phone. FM still has crappy reception but is bluetooth now.
    Check to see if your antenna is grounded. Might fix that. My 2016 system sounds great in the garage, but gets harsh at speed.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would buy the F-3T with the better sprocket and add the rear trunk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    That's what I was going to do, but, I wanted the automatic rear suspension as opposed to the manual air fill one.

I just picked up a 2019 Black/Dark F3L. So far, I love it. The sound system is OK. Not anything to write home about. I can't hear it over 65mph. I haven't used the BRP Connect yet, but I did hook up my phone through BT and that worked great. One thing I didn't notice until I got in my garage, but the lights on the mirrors got deleted for the 19's. Anyone know why?

John
    2019 F3 Limited , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

I Agree with all you say!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLongRider View Post
    Well, I must have the only one out there with good speakers. My 2019 (with 20.8 firmware) sounds great at any speed. I have the treble and bass set at their midpoints and the auto volume on. I wear a full coverage Nolan helmet with earplugs and it still sounds great. I just sold my 2015 Goldwing and the Spyder is as good or better than the wing. I have no problems with any aspect of BRP Connect - love it .
    I Agree with all you say!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jlouis2 View Post
    That's what I was going to do, but, I wanted the automatic rear suspension as opposed to the manual air fill one.

I just picked up a 2019 Black/Dark F3L. So far, I love it. The sound system is OK. Not anything to write home about. I can't hear it over 65mph. I haven't used the BRP Connect yet, but I did hook up my phone through BT and that worked great. One thing I didn't notice until I got in my garage, but the lights on the mirrors got deleted for the 19's. Anyone know why?

John
    I have a 2018 F3 Limited that I bought a few weeks ago. The stereo was not good at all. I took it to the dealer and they update the dash software to 20.8 and the stereo is WAY better among other things. I was really surprised the sound could be that much better. So you might make sure you have the latest updates.

Current: 2018 F3 Limited
    Previous: 2011 RT with 622 Trailer

Mods:
    F4 Customs 25" Windshield
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    Spyderpops Top Case/Seat Extender
    TackForm Phone Mount
    Lamonster Ram Ball Handlebar Mount
    Show Chrome Passenger Armrests

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    We were looking into that but we decided on the F3L for a couple major reasons. If you are going to add a trunk anyway, there's absolutely no reason not to immediately upgrade to the L. For one, you aren't really saving any money in the long run, and you are getting a factory matched color in a factory matched style and quality trunk with an interior LED light, LED brake lights and a USB charging port. What you get for the upgrade value wise far exceeds the cost to get it close to the comfort of an L over a T. Once you add the creature comforts of heated grips and floorboards (you basically get those for free if you are planning to get a trunk anyway), then an L is what you should get anyway. The auto leveling rear suspension is also amazing and completely worth the upgrade.

to the OP: the Phoenix Orange (ESPECIALLY in the dark edition) is worth every penny of getting a '19. Also, BRP connect is garbage.
    2019 F3 Limited , Phoenix Orange Metallic