Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pricing

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Since you are in Jax, have you looked north......into Georgia ??
    Thanks - I noticed there were 2 south of Brunswick and they may be a good option for me.

It looks like I will buy locally as the price is getting better but if service turns out to be poor at least I will have options.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe this belongs in a Ryker forum, not Spyder.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Maybe this belongs in a Ryker forum, not Spyder.
    How about cooling it a bit. You seem to be on a roll today.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-24-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    How about cooling it a bit. You seem to be on a roll today.
    Just trying to maintain the integrity of the forum as a source of useful information. And, trying to do the OP a favor, because if it was in the correct forum, it would probably get more and relevant feedback. He's asking about pricing of Rykers, not Spyders.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Just trying to maintain the integrity of the forum as a source of useful information. And, trying to do the OP a favor, because if it was in the correct forum, it would probably get more and relevant feedback. He's asking about pricing of Rykers, not Spyders.
    There are many moderators and views that make determinations about placement of threads within the forums. Some members push the subject a little....but we do not see the need to make changes always based on someone using a wrong word. There are enough thread police already. But we do appreciate your input.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-24-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    There are many moderators and views that make determinations about placement of threads within the forums. Some members push the subject a little....but we do not see the need to make changes always based on someone using a wrong word. There are enough thread police already. But we do appreciate your input.
    I think UtahPete makes sense - how can this be switched to Ryker thread?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxfann View Post
    I think UtahPete makes sense - how can this be switched to Ryker thread?
    Your wish is my command. Done.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I hope you have taken a test ride somewhere ??

If not, this is a pretty BIG risk.
    I've done a test drive. When I say in a post that I've never rode before, that excludes a test drive since I don't count that as riding. I'm ready to take the plunge and learn how to ride the RT.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It looks like I will buy locally as the price is getting better ........................
    IF....you are still talking about Ride Now, then keep your wits about you and don't make any plans that you can not change.

On both the purchases I made there, the final invoice contained items NOT on the showroom tag and NOT on the proposal sheets that they showed me.
    I was ready to walk.....and those extra charges suddenly disappeared.

Spyder Garage

Now I'm confused.....did this start out on the Spyder forum? Anyway, for more info, check my thread on the Ryker forum:

Freight and Handling charges!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McRuss View Post
    Now I'm confused.....did this start out on the Spyder forum? Anyway, for more info, check my thread on the Ryker forum:

Freight and Handling charges!
    Started out at Spyder Forum. Changed to Ryker forum at the request of the OP.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    I was curious so I looked at the iMotorsport web side. The Ryker 600 is listed at $8499 with free shipping. At the bottom of each listing page is the following statement, "Advertised pricing excludes applicable taxes title and licensing, dealer set up, destination, reconditioning and are subject to change without notice. Pricing may exclude any added parts, accessories or installation unless otherwise noted. Sale prices include all applicable offers. Not all options listed available on pre-owned models. Contact dealer for details."

Bottom line seems to be give them a call, or find one you like among their listings and click the "Get A Quote" tab. I'm betting their out the door price won't be $3K more than the "deal" you mentioned. As I recall there are a number of forum members who have been very satisfied with iMotorsport.
    I was quoted a delivered price by imotorsports - Chicago (the Fl locations are not Can Am dealers apparently) and when I added sales tax and Fl tag/title my total price was $9,787. I can get that locally now so will buy locally.

Spyder Garage

IF....you are still talking about Ride Now, then keep your wits about you and don't make any plans that you can not change.

On both the purchases I made there, the final invoice contained items NOT on the showroom tag and NOT on the proposal sheets that they showed me.
    I was ready to walk.....and those extra charges suddenly disappeared.
    Thanks Easy Rider - I will not be buying from Ride Now and will share details soon.

Spyder Garage

I did a check on the Can Am website there is a dealer in Brunswick Ga and one in Daytona. There are also some in the greater Orlando area. Depending on where you are in Jax, Daytona or Brunswick are worth the 45 minute/hour drive to check out a dealer that won't try to gauge you. A call works too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by delkhouri View Post
    I did a check on the Can Am website there is a dealer in Brunswick Ga and one in Daytona. There are also some in the greater Orlando area. Depending on where you are in Jax, Daytona or Brunswick are worth the 45 minute/hour drive to check out a dealer that won't try to gauge you. A call works too.
    Thanks Delkhouri - I have checked around and think I am close to a good deal.

Spyder Garage

I was quoted a delivered price by imotorsports - Chicago (the Fl locations are not Can Am dealers apparently) and when I added sales tax and Fl tag/title my total price was $9,787. I can get that locally now so will buy locally.
    I had similar experience as well.

Spyder Garage

So I'm just curious, not hacking on ya, but did you think you wouldn't have those fee's if you bought at imotorsports? If I drive 20 miles across the State Line into Missouri I don't pay sales tax there because I'm not a Missouri resident. But when I go to get tags then I pay sales tax, property tax and registration in Kansas. Best to buy locally anyway and get a relationship with the dealer, unless the prices is just crazy, then by all means, travel. I went into Oklahoma to buy my Stratoliner because the deal was just that good.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KC61 View Post
    So I'm just curious, not hacking on ya, but did you think you wouldn't have those fee's if you bought at imotorsports? If I drive 20 miles across the State Line into Missouri I don't pay sales tax there because I'm not a Missouri resident. But when I go to get tags then I pay sales tax, property tax and registration in Kansas. Best to buy locally anyway and get a relationship with the dealer, unless the prices is just crazy, then by all means, travel. I went into Oklahoma to buy my Stratoliner because the deal was just that good.
    Thanks KC61 - I was aware that I would pay sales tax etc. even if buying from an out of state dealer so finding a local deal with similar pricing is as you say better - especially regarding relationships, longevity and the like. I appreciate your interest and help.

Spyder Garage

Thanks KC61 - I was aware that I would pay sales tax etc. even if buying from an out of state dealer so finding a local deal with similar pricing is as you say better - especially regarding relationships, longevity and the like. I appreciate your interest and help.
    I just wish my Ryker Rally would come in, still hasn't shipped yet. I'm bummin, but this dealer has treated me fair on my trade so I'm not even thinking of buying anywhere else.

Spyder Garage

I used CycleTrader and think I did search within 150 miles and got back some very over priced Rally's but then couple that we really great prices. I think I got an awesome deal but had to drive a lil to get it.

Good luck with your shopping!

Spyder Garage

I checked Cycle Trader within 250 miles and everything is MSRP

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KC61 View Post
    I checked Cycle Trader within 250 miles and everything is MSRP
    My bad, I didnt give all the details. I did the quote on cycletrader asking dealer for their very best OTD price and the state I live in for taxes.

Spyder Garage

this had been a good read.but not to hijack this thread .but i agree it depends on state to state on pricing .i live in indiana i would like to hear what people in my state .what have you paid otd and what was included and price breakdown .i will be purchasing soon and any real world info would be nice to hear.thanks all .i am looking at ryker 900 rally.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Except for maybe an exotic model that is in really short supply.........
    Where you are located really makes little difference.

Start with the MSRP. Add maybe a $50 doc fee IF they process the registration and title for you.
    Add state and local "sales" taxes.
    That's it. The end.
    If they quote you an OTD price that is higher than that......WALK.

Spyder Garage

Well - just pulled the trigger.

Now own a Ryker 600!

Details of my purchase for anyone that may be interested are in a new thread "This maybe of interest to those on the First Coast"