Spyder Garage

Default Warranty question

I found a 2017 RT I am very interested in. It belongs to an older man who doesn't have many miles on and really wasn't too familiar with the warranty. He showed me a 2 year extended warranty that just said PROTECTIVE. I have heard about the BEST warranty but not the protective. Is this a 3rd party warranty or could it be the BEST.

Thanks for the help

Spyder Garage

Lil Google & they seem to be a third party coverage but
    http://www.protectivevpp.com/new-plan. Hope is good for you. Might wanna ask guy what dealer he got the spyder from & follow up with them. good luck

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    http://www.protectivevpp.com/new-plan. Hope is good for you. Might wanna ask guy what dealer he got the spyder from & follow up with them. good luck
    I saw that too, not too much information though. He had a little booklet with not too much information either!
    I will contact the dealer, just thought I would get some tips from the experts first

Spyder Garage

1. Get the VIN from the prospective seller.

2. Ask the prospective seller to see the original bill of sale if he has it. If he does, examine it to see if the poor guy was sold a third party warranty at what may have been an exorbitant price or the fact that a B.E.S.T. extended warranty was part of the original sale. Note the date of the bill of sale. Note the effective date and warranty period of any separate warranty that may appear on the bill of sale or such other paperwork the prospective seller may have.

3. Contact brp.care@brp.com, give them the VIN, explain your situation and ask if the vehicle has been issued a B.E.S.T. extended warranty.

If the date of the bill of sale is less than two years from the date you intend to purchase the vehicle and if the original owner completes the transfer of ownership form in the operator's guide you should be able to get a maximum of 5 years total warranty protection from BRP. Based on what you find in paras 2 and 3 above, make your own decision whether or not you want to take such action as may be necessary to get five years of BRP warranty protection.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Just spoke with his dealer and he is covered by the BEST warranty. All he had was a booklet that said Protective on it? Anyone else have this with their BEST warranty? I wonder if he got something extra, and probably unnecessary?

Spyder Garage

I have the receipt for my warranty purchase and a letter that came with the card from BRP. I may have a brochure kicking around somewhere with a listing of the items covered by the extended warranty but I believe you can find out just what is covered on the BRP web site. The real thing is if you have a problem you, a dealer and BRP have to hash it out if there is a question about it being covered by the warranty regardless of what any marketing brochure may say. The only issues I've read about on SL have been about what parts are considered by BRP to be wear items. There is a $50 deductible for each warranty claim except for emergency roadside assistance.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S