Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster LED kit

Just installed the Lamonster LED headlights on my wifes 2015 F3-S. She rode to work early this morning and didn't like the hi-beam pattern. I took it for a run tonight and agree that the HI-beam pattern is not good. Looking at the pattern I don't think this is an adjustment issue. I imagine it may be the led with the reflectors. Anyone else have the LED headlights, if so what do you think?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sbct View Post
    Just installed the Lamonster LED headlights on my wifes 2015 F3-S. She rode to work early this morning and didn't like the hi-beam pattern. I took it for a run tonight and agree that the HI-beam pattern is not good. Looking at the pattern I don't think this is an adjustment issue. I imagine it may be the led with the reflectors. Anyone else have the LED headlights, if so what do you think?
    I have the Lamonster LED headlight on my F3 Limited. Yes, the high beam is somewhat of a searchlight, it reaches out far, but is a narrow pattern. I have had replacement LED bulbs in various motorcycles, and the high beam pattern is always very similar. To get a better pattern, the LED has to be incorporated with a reflector designed specifically for that LED. All in all, I think the Lamonster LED headlight set up is a lot better than the stock H4 bulbs, and it is the best alternative to the stock headlight until someone builds an entire replacement unit.
    2019 F3 Limited , Big Bike Parts full size pedal Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

As stated it is the reflector. While LED will provide a whiter and brighter type of light the pattern will suffer because the reflector isn't designed for the LED.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I figured the stock reflectors were the issue. Maybe someone will make a reflector.

Spyder Garage

I figured the stock reflectors were the issue. Maybe someone will make a reflector.
    That's what I am waiting for. Someone finally made one for my Tacoma pick up and I made the switch. The LED's work great with the proper reflector, they weren't so great when I tried them with the stock halogen reflectors in place.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rdkarl View Post
    I have the Lamonster LED headlight on my F3 Limited. Yes, the high beam is somewhat of a searchlight, it reaches out far, but is a narrow pattern. I have had replacement LED bulbs in various motorcycles, and the high beam pattern is always very similar. To get a better pattern, the LED has to be incorporated with a reflector designed specifically for that LED. All in all, I think the Lamonster LED headlight set up is a lot better than the stock H4 bulbs, and it is the best alternative to the stock headlight until someone builds an entire replacement unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    As stated it is the reflector. While LED will provide a whiter and brighter type of light the pattern will suffer because the reflector isn't designed for the LED.
    Considering all of the above, I've decided to hold off on the Lamonster LED kit for my F3 Ltd. I think the bike desperately needs LED headlights and it's a shame that BRP hasn't kept pace with the industry in this area.
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

SBCT, I too have the Lamonster H4's and I agree the lighting down the road is not good. Looking for driving lights to fix the problem.

Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

I have Lamonster's LED headlights on my 2015 F3 base model. Knowing what I know now about putting LEDs in halogen housings, I would never do it again. LEDs need a specially designed projector, NOT A HALOGEN HOUSING.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Spyder Garage

Don't know if this will help but the LED headlights are adjustable at the bulb there are set screws that will allow you to turn the bulb & make it hit the reflector better

Spyder Garage

I just installed the LED headlights from Lamonster and I also added the LED Fog lights with LED Rings as well. From the few minutes I got to spend on the bike this weekend (high humidity and temps over 100) it appears the low beam LED's are fantastic, but the real story is the Fog lights. My god, they light up the road like crazy. I'm sure cars will be flashing me now, but I don't care. Fogs are a bit pricey, but they integrate right into the factory location, and you can turn them off or on. I don't know why Limited's don't come with fogs from the factory, they seem to help immensely.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLongRider View Post
    Considering all of the above, I've decided to hold off on the Lamonster LED kit for my F3 Ltd. I think the bike desperately needs LED headlights and it's a shame that BRP hasn't kept pace with the industry in this area.
    You might want to look at www.canamspyderaccessories.com. Pierre had a very appealing sale some time ago for the LED headlight kits he sells. We bought a pair for our Spyders and the only shortcoming is that there are no installation instructions. He has said he will be making an installation video which, if they're like his other videos, should be very good. The other alternative is to watch Lamonster's installation video which is also very good.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

How about HID? I installed on my 2018 RTL and they are very bright. You really don't need high beam because low beam puts out enough light and no complaints from incoming vehicles. Also, keep in mind that LED or HID works much better on PROJECTOR vs REFLECTOR. I am surprised that some are talking about reflector on this thread. My bike has factory projector and I'm sure yours does too. The bubble shape glass indicate it is a projector where as on a reflector you can actually see the light bulb.
    My 2018 RV has reflector headlight, flat clear glass.
    Someone correct me on this if you think I'm wrong.
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"