Spyder Garage

Default Where is this junction? (Maybe a plug)

Looks like I finally found the subforum I've been searching for. I'm going to be installing a brake flasher module that has a three wire hookup on my wife's 2019 F3-L. Basically, I need to cut the white brake signal wire and insert the flasher module, then ground it. No problems for me there... I've got that part down. The part I want to figure out is how to wire it in without cutting wires. This will require making a harness. To do so, I think I've tracked down a good place to make a harness for it, but I need to see it physically so I can see what plug I need to order. In the photo, the wiring diagram shows a junction labeled as JT OG 2 and JT WH 2. I've circled it in green. It's officially a "wire splice" but I'm assuming it's a plug. Does anyone know where this is? It is probably a 3 wire plug with a white, orange, and black wire in it, somewhere near the trunk. I tried following the main harness but it disappeared into the rear of the bike. Thanks for your help.

Nuke

F3 tail wiring.jpg
    2019 F3 Limited , Phoenix Orange Metallic

Spyder Garage

I did that without the complexity of your route. I bought a flasher for less than $5 with free shipping from Banggood.com that has on 2 wires in and out. Yes, wires had to be cut, but I used Posi-Lock connectors for ease of installing and changing. I did just the brake light in the trunk,
    https://www.banggood.com/20W-LED-Bra...r_warehouse=CN
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

A junction is just that. Wires are spliced together. No it is not a plug.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

for not cutting wires, I came across these last year. a "T" splice, that takes a blade to run new wire

T splice.jpg
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodaddict View Post
    for not cutting wires, I came across these last year. a "T" splice, that takes a blade to run new wire

T splice.jpg
    yup these are quite handy when adding items when there is limited slack in wire to work with for a additional splice & even easier if the addition needs temporary removal (adjustments). No wire nuts, solder, or tape just google : spade T splice & can find what assorted value pack will do you best.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodaddict View Post

T splice.jpg
    How the heck is that going to work? Don't see how you can add a brake light flasher by just tapping into the brake light wire.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

If you do want to make a harness and leave the OE wiring intact. Just get yourself a male and female Delphi GT 150 16 pin connector. Wire it so everything passes through except the brake wire. Insert it at CIC1 or CIC2 depending on which wiring diagram you are looking at. At least this mistake is on the 2018 wiring diagram. This is how BRP inserts the trailer harness.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Nuke,
    I installed the strobe light module from Lamonster, works great and it’s plug and play.

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-a...ster-approved/

Steve

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

DelCity has great pricing on Delphi connectors. Just a FYI.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    Nuke,
    I installed the strobe light module from Lamonster, works great and it’s plug and play.

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-a...ster-approved/

Steve
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I already bought the flasher from Custom Dynamics, and I want all the tail lights to flash, not just the top case. This is so that if I take the top case off, I still get the tail lights on the bags to flash.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    If you do want to make a harness and leave the OE wiring intact. Just get yourself a male and female Delphi GT 150 16 pin connector. Wire it so everything passes through except the brake wire. Insert it at CIC1 or CIC2 depending on which wiring diagram you are looking at. At least this mistake is on the 2018 wiring diagram. This is how BRP inserts the trailer harness.
    This is probably what's going to wind up happening. Either this or I am going to just buy a Delphi 2-pin and cut and add it inline. Thanks for naming this big plug though, I wasn't sure who made it.