Spyder Garage

Default My 2018 RT Limited Dash is SAD

This dash is sad on my 2018 RT Limited, owners manual is worthless. Can’t figure out how to use it. What was BRP thinking of when they put this in the dash with no instructions in owners manual. If you worked for me and did this you would be looking for a job. BRP needs to contact and furnish all owners a complete owners manual. That would be the right thing to do. Some one said download 2019 owners manual which I can’t find why do I have to figure this mess out and BRP does nothing as I can see to straighten out a product they sold. If this dash was in a car no one would buy the car. I could go on and on. Come on BRP step up and do the right thing.

Jim
    Grand Forks, ND

Spyder Garage

Not disagreeing with you, but I think a manual would be obsolete as soon as the next update came out. I checked out youtube and some BRP videos and of course a lot of trial and error. Again it is crazy that we have to do all the work, but it is possible to figure out.

Spyder Garage

I'd have to respectfully disagree here...

I find the Can Am 2018 dash no more difficult than my 2016 Honda Accord. There was a time where I had to had to learn it's idiosyncrasies as well, and it wasn't documented in 1000 pages of detail either. Unfortunately, new technology sometimes can't use existing idioms and conventions and new ones must be made. It's the price of progress.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can find a lot of discussion on here about hot to work the dash. You can also get the missing instructions on the 2019 operators manual by getting it from here http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...e-df8b3d702944
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Thought the same when i got my 18 f3 ltd a few months back but by looking online but mostly sitting and playing with it i've mostly got it now. Good luck and keep with it.

Spyder Garage

Can’t find Spyder manual on the link you supplied.
    Jim

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimboRTS View Post
    Can’t find Spyder manual on the link you supplied.
    Jim
    Yer kidding, right.

I just went there and found it.

If you have trouble doing this, reckon it may explain why yer having trouble with yer dash ...

On that link - select Roadster from the product dropdown on the top left, then yer year, then yer model, and the PDF's will be listed - including one saying " Operator's Guide" ... in Engrish, or the language of yer choice ...lol. The 2019 info is there as well.

manwell1.JPG

cheers
    E

Spyder Garage

You have to tap on the small down arrow at the top left.
    Select roadster
    Select art
    Select the rear
    Select operators manual

I think!

This is stupid & annoying.
    When I typed my instructions to help the OP I most definitely did not spell some of the words so they were nonsensical. Must have some sort of bug in my tablet. Grrr
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Default Manual

Canockistan
    I didn’t know I purchased a Roadster. I checked my purchase agreement from the dealer and it said I purchased a Spyder. I followed your instructions and was able to find the 2019 RT Manual but only the cover shows on my IPad and can not open manual any help would be great.
    Thank You
    Jim

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hey Jim. Yeah, an iPad does that. You’re using Safari, right? Instead of just tapping on the manual’s link, press and hold your finger on it. Wait a second or so, and a new pop up menu will appear on the screen. Then you can tap on Open In New Tab. The manual will fully download in the new tab. Give it a few seconds. From there you can read it, copy to iBooks or print.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimboRTS View Post
    Canockistan
    I didn’t know I purchased a Roadster. I checked my purchase agreement from the dealer and it said I purchased a Spyder. I followed your instructions and was able to find the 2019 RT Manual but only the cover shows on my IPad and can not open manual any help would be great.
    Thank You
    Jim
    Yo Jim;

No worries, mate.

I think it's a Francophone thang (on BRP's part) fer the naming convention. But - Googly 'can-am roadster' and up pops Spyders, lol.

Now that we know you are using an iPoo, that deficit has been addressed by the helpful feller above me

Lastly - the Interwebs at large still contains far more detailed help on the RT/F3 dash real or perceived foibles than BRP's current documentation, and remains yer best resource for this - and other - concerns.

Cheers!
    E

Spyder Garage

I tried the new tab suggestion and that. Didn’t work. I’ll get a laptop with windows and give it another try.
    Thank you to everyone with help
    Jim

Spyder Garage

Roadster was what the first GS/RS versions were called. It all quickly developed into the whole lineup being referred to Spyders by the general public. Now we also have the Ryker to contend with.

It's all about semantics.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Roadster was what the first GS/RS versions were called. It all quickly developed into the whole lineup being referred to Spyders by the general public. Now we also have the Ryker to contend with.

It's all about semantics.
    Bingo.

'Le Semantiques' ... A French word, reckon

Cheers!
    E

Spyder Garage

I finally got the manual downloaded to view. A thank you to everyone who helped me down load the 2019 manual. I now have something to work with.
    Jim

Spyder Garage

Hey JimboRTS, I agree with you 100%... the dash is definitely NOT user friendly. I'm really disappointed cuz that was one of the lures when I traded for my 2018 RTL. I'm hard pressed to just be able to change radio stations.. the BRP dudes designed the dash display for techy riders only...
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

"I didn’t know I purchased a Roadster"

If you have a Spyder RT, the R stands for roadster and the T stands for touring.

Spyder Garage

Hello All,

So to be sure I understand this, I will need to download the 2019 Spyder/roadster manuel to figure out how to get my dash radio to work? Because there isn't any good info in my 2019 Spyder F3 Limited operators guide. Because so far nothing that I've tried that I've seen online has worked. The dealer tech also couldn't get maps or iTunes to work. Also if the R stands for roadster and the T stands for touring, what does the F in F3 Limited stand for?
    Thank you for any and all help.
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxvord Blue