Spyder Garage

Default Getting 2021 F3 Ltd in March... looking for mod/accessory suggestions?

1. Adjustable shocks: My hubby, who is approx 250#, wants to ride as passenger every so often... any suggestions on adjustable shocks?
    2. Visibility: I live in WA (west side) where it is gray, gray, gray, and visibility is poor... suggestions on the best light systems for F3
    A. Headlights;
    B. Fog lights (really need these in our climate);
    C. Turn signals;
    D. Any other light suggestions?
    3. Floor boards: The F3 I am buying comes with full floorboards, but I am 5'... has anyone used the floorboard risers?
    4. Brake pedal: Get rid of the stock brake pedal and go to a larger size?
    5. Mirrors: I Understand that the mirrors vibrate... If so, any suggestions on how to stop that? Or any better, larger mirrors for my F3 with turn signals on them?
    6. Tires: Looking at the Forum, many riders have put different tires on their Spyders. Reasons why? Any Suggested tires?

I am immediately installing a BajaRon sway bar. I would like to install all the needed lights for visibility at the same time.
    I have not been able to ride for 2 years due to three major surgeries in 18 months... So, I cannot wait to get out and ride, baby, ride!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-28-2024 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Windhound View Post
    1. Adjustable shocks: My hubby, who is approx 250#, wants to ride as passenger every so often... any suggestions on adjustable shocks?
    A '21 F3 Limited will have the self adjusting airbag already - but yeah - 250# occasionally is noticeable. You can check out Elka shocks - not quickly self adjustable - but talking with them - they may be able to find a rear that would work in both scenarios.

2. Visibility: I live in WA (west side) where it is gray, gray, gray, and visibility is poor... suggestions on the best light systems for F3
    A. Headlights;
    C. Turn signals;
    Lamonster Garage sells great LED Headlight bulbs and Fog Light Kits that are "plug and play." Changing the F3 Headlights can bit a bit tricky. Are you going to do the installs yourself or have someone do it?

I would check out some of the rear turn signal lighting options from places like SpyderExtras and/or SpyderPops. Also consider some A-Arm Turn Signal lights for added visibility. Personally, I'm steering my customers away from TricLED Sequential Fender Lights right now because they are failing a fair bit. They are usually good about replacing them once - but it's still a hassle.

3. Floor boards: The F3 I am buying comes with full floorboards, but I am 5'... has anyone used the floorboard risers?
    I've not seen Floorboard Risers for the front stock floorboards - BUT - consider and adjustable brake rod from SpyderExtras and move the position of the front floorboards from the stock #3 position to either #2 or #1 - which will bring them much closer to you. Also - you may want the Canam "short reach" handlebars to bring the handlebars back closer to you so you don't feel like you are reaching so much.

Personally - I find no fault with the stock brake pedal - but there are certainly larger pads out there available if you decide quickly you don't like it.

5. Mirrors: I Understand that the mirrors vibrate... If so, any suggestions on how to stop that? Or any better, larger mirrors for my F3 with turn signals on them?
    There are a couple of options available to stop the mirror vibration. There is a guy here on the forum that sells wedges - you'll have to search for it - I don't have the name handy. Or Lamonster also sells an option to better secure them.

As for lights - I think it's Spyderpops that sells an LED strip that can go on the mirrors for added turn signal visibility.

6. Tires: Looking at the Forum, many riders have put different tires on their Spyders. Reasons why? Any Suggested tires?
    If you aren't an aggressive rider - stick with what's on it for now and see how you like it. Many of us go with other options due to our riding style, cost, etc. But the Stock Kendas for a casual rider have no issues - no need to replace them right away.

I am immediately installing a BajaRon sway bar. I would like to install all the needed lights for visibility at the same time.
    I have not been able to ride for 2 years due to three major surgeries in 18 months... So, I cannot wait to get out and ride, baby, ride!
    Congrats on the new ride and new lease on "riding life." Enjoy it!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-28-2024 at 03:21 PM.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Lights and a bit of chrome for bling.

We found our F3L's (2019 and 2020) to be pretty good right from the factory. We added no performance items, but the bling on both was identical even though we had them installed by two different shops.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Getting 2021 F3 Ltd - looking for mod/accessory suggestions?

A. Headlights;
    C. Turn signals;

Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-04-2024 at 07:14 PM.

Spyder Garage

Yeah lots of people will chime in here. But here is my take...........
    1. First mod we did on the 2023 Sea to Sky we picked up in September.....BaJaRon Ultimate Sway bar.
    2. Get the bike laser aligned by a reputable servicer. Do not skip this :-)
    3. I would advise getting the correct back rest for your Spyder and learning how to adjust it if you or your hubby swap to be drivers.
    4. Replace the front Kendas with Vredstein or Continental tires from Tire Rack. There are threads online for sizes . Yes Kendas can and are frequently not round from the factory. No the dealer wont install anything other than Kendas.. Rears can also be swapped out for correct size Vredstein or Continentals, but install is not as easy, due to drive belt having to come off and need to be adjusted post install.
    5. Elkas or other reputable brand for the front shocks Ditto for the rear. Look at Lamonsters site or BajaRons site Not so easy to install but many people report the spyder works well with them
    6. Get the helmet brake flashers as those dont connect to the bike CAN bus and create issues.
    7. Any light upgrades, be sure they dont cause issues on the Spyder CAN bus electrical system.
    8. Lastly but certainly not least, since you are 5' tall and your hubby a different size, check into getting handle bars that extend further back to the rider. They are called short reach but that refers to the driver. We had BaJaRon install them on my wife's Sea To Sky. That really makes a difference to your shoulders esp if you are an intermittent rider.

Hope this helps. Lots of other folks will give the opinions of the lighting "farkles" . You might talk to Lamonster or to BaJaRon directly....
    Last edited by WRCLVR; 02-28-2024 at 03:42 PM.
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

Just picked up 2 weeks ago, a new 2022 f3 Ltd special edition, traded in ryker rally.

1 f4 windshield upgrade
    2. Spyder extras adjustable windshield mount
    3 adjustable break rod kit.
    4. Have to do something with mirrors, not sure yet what. I may put in cameras.
    5.tank protectoror.
    6. Then add some ridiculously priced light upgrades, it is what it is, small market drives price.