Spyder Garage

Default 22 RTL where to mount fuse block?

Hi,

I am looking to mount a 6-circuit fuse block to power some accessories and am looking for a good location to do so. The unit is about 3.5"x3.5"x1.5". I was wondering if the bulkhead in the frunk might be a good place, it's close to the battery and has easy access to the dash area? Also, I want to install a dual USB port socket where it is accessible to the driver for charging cell phone, bluetooth unit, etc. Can anyone suggest a good location for that? (refer to pics)

USB_dual.jpg Fuse_block.jpg
    Scott (slhanks004)
    Gilbert, AZ USA

2022 Spyder RT Limited - Carbon Black
    • Pedal commander
    • Baja Ron sway bar
    • TricLED tail lights
    • TricLED driving lights
    • Corbin seat
    • BRP rider backrest
    • Lamonster topcuff (2) w/ RAM mounts
    • 12v/USB docking station
    • Garmin Zumo XT
    • RLS cat delete pipe
    • IPS highway pegs
    • IPS belt tensioner
    2022 RT-L , Carbon black

Spyder Garage

Picture of where I mounted fuze block on my 2021 RTL.
    Last edited by JimboRTS; 12-08-2022 at 10:08 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Fuze Block

Picture of where I mounted fuze block on my 2021 RTL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Thanks, but help me out here if you would. Where is this location? I don't have a point of reference.
    Scott (slhanks004)
    Gilbert, AZ USA

• Pedal commander
    • Baja Ron sway bar
    • TricLED tail lights
    • TricLED driving lights
    • Corbin seat
    • BRP rider backrest
    • Garmin Zumo XT
    • RLS cat delete pipe
    • IPS highway pegs
    • IPS belt tensioner
    2022 RT-L , Carbon black

Spyder Garage

The above photo is the front under the wind screen. I would be concerned with rain in that spot.

I mounted my fuse block under the right side black panel next to the brake reservoir. I took the 'key on' power from the GPS wire just above the block and ran a wire to the battery for 'always on' power.
    Last edited by RayBJ; 12-08-2022 at 12:31 PM.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I mounted my Neutrino intelligent block in exactly the same place as Jimbo, Slhanks. Easy to get to, close to the battery, very easy to run cabling under the side panels to the handlebar region and further back. I have ridden through rain many times with zero issues, with the latest being a week ago where it was a solid 2 hours of heavy rain. The yellow wire runs to the accessory plug on the right side of the body for the power on “trigger” for the accessories. Excuse the messy wiring rats nest…….I keep adding things

A0FB327B-1C73-4973-B260-23E6E0D1BBB3.jpg

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 12-08-2022 at 03:28 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Any suggestions for where to mount the dual USB port? As much as I hate drilling holes in my bike, I need it accessible to the handlebar area for charging phone, etc.
    Scott (slhanks004)
    Gilbert, AZ USA

• Pedal commander
    • Baja Ron sway bar
    • TricLED tail lights
    • TricLED driving lights
    • Corbin seat
    • BRP rider backrest
    • Garmin Zumo XT
    • RLS cat delete pipe
    • IPS highway pegs
    • IPS belt tensioner
    2022 RT-L , Carbon black

Spyder Garage
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Peoples Republic of Calif. Upper Mojave Desert
    Spyder Garage

Here is where I installed my fuze panel on my 21 RT. Very easy to access. I'm using one for my GPS, one for my battery tender and 2 for heated gear. Everything tucks under the seat when not in use. I like leaving my phone where it can be seen, ran short extension cables to the usb ports in the front glove box, allows charging and connects my phone to the bike for music. MP3, XM and Pandora. All working great and minimal effort to make a bracket for the fuze panel

IMG_3015.jpg IMG_2961.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PJveetwin View Post
    Here is where I installed my fuze panel on my 21 RT. Very easy to access. I'm using one for my GPS, one for my battery tender and 2 for heated gear. Everything tucks under the seat when not in use. I like leaving my phone where it can be seen, ran short extension cables to the usb ports in the front glove box, allows charging and connects my phone to the bike for music. MP3, XM and Pandora. All working great and minimal effort to make a bracket for the fuze panel

That's a good idea. Probably a lot more protected and accessible than where I put mine (under the left access panel where the frunk lid closes on it)
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PJveetwin View Post

Hmmmmmmm. I would have to say that that is a better location than mine, PJ. Easier to see the connections, easier access for inserting wiring. The only plus of mine would be that you don’t need a bracket. The fuse block sits flat, and is held in position with a Velcro dot so you can remove it easily (although that easy removal has been negated due to installing one cable that only just reached it, so I can only lift it an inch or so…..D’Oh ).

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Pete, i also am looking to mount a Neutrino on my 2022 RTL. Did you have to create a flat spot to mount onto ? I don't remember seeing anything big enough to attached the block to ?

Thanks in advance.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HastingsRider View Post
    Pete, i also am looking to mount a Neutrino on my 2022 RTL. Did you have to create a flat spot to mount onto ? I don't remember seeing anything big enough to attached the block to ?

Thanks in advance.
    There’s a photo in post 6, Hastings. All I did was mount a small bit of Velcro on the back of the Neutrino and a larger piece on the body shelf. It makes removal easy and cushions the neutrino, just in case. Just don’t make life hard for yourself by attaching a cable that is a bit short as it limits Neutrino accessibility

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

for the usb i mount them in the empty switch on the dash

Spyder Garage

RayBJ - any chance that you can provide a picture of your mounting location ? I would interested in it as an option. I have a 2022 rt limited.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimboRTS View Post
    Picture of where I mounted fuze block on my 2021 RTL
    I am in the process of installing the show chrome box like you have and plan to attach the red and green to the battery. It looks like your R&G are doing something different. Can you help me understand your connection?
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue