Spyder Garage

Default Question about imotorsports

Hey all,
    Wanted some input on dealing with imotorsports. Looking to make a cash deal on a new F3S. Anyone had any dealings with these folks and able to offer any advice?
    As always.. thanks in advance....
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

I have purchased my last 2 Spyders from them. They seem to be a great company and will work with you on a trade if you have one. Plus they have free shipping on any bike you buy from them.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the reply Ex-Rocket. Can you describe a little about how the transaction went down if it's not too personal? How was payment handled? How long on shipping etc?
    Thanks again!
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

I have only heard good reports concerning imotosports. If I buy another...they will be one of the places that I scout out.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

bought my 2017 RTS from them. They did everything they said they would. It was painless, their pricing takes the negotiation
    out of the deal. For me... super satisfied
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by frj322 View Post
    Thanks for the reply Ex-Rocket. Can you describe a little about how the transaction went down if it's not too personal? How was payment handled? How long on shipping etc?
    Thanks again!
    I am not Ex-Rocket, but I can tell you about my experience. To make it short, I will tell you, I gave them the information on my 2012 RSS, and they gave me a quote for trade in. Upon that agreement, they sent me the paperwork showing what the difference would be, and what the allowance was on the trade in. I called them from my bank and had my bank wire them the money to the specified account. They took about 2 weeks to assemble the spyder and deliver it to me. They were not able to make it to my house before we were leaving for our annual mountain trip vacation. So they actually delivered it to me, in Pigeon Forge, while I was there for vacation. I drove my RSS on vacation, and drove my F3T back home. Great experience.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by frj322 View Post
    Thanks again!
    Pretty much happened like blacklightning explained above. We did haggle over the trade in price but other than that it was a smooth purchased. Took about 2 weeks to delivery and picked up my trade at the same time. I told them both times what I had to trade and current mileage. All the paperwork was done via email. Couldn't get any easier.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the input folks.. Based on everyone's recommendations we went ahead and pulled the trigger! Doing the email exchanges now for the paperwork. We ended up getting a 2018 F3S for the wife in yellow, I'll be riding the 2018 black F3S we share now.. This really couldn't be easier. Waiting for the other shoe to drop, really seems to good to be true in dealing with these folks!
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

frj322 - Keep us posted on how your buying experience turns out when all is said an done. Sounds like it will be a good experience like others had. If things fail at my local dealer I will definitely give imotorsports a shot.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Spyder Garage

I cannot get their site to work. The site comes up but none of the drop downs are working.....strange...cannot see any inventory.

Spyder Garage

Try a different web browser maybe? Works fine on my iPad.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I can see used Spyders...they must not have any new inventory.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Thopper View Post
    I can see used Spyders...they must not have any new inventory.
    I looked a couple of hours ago, they do have new inventory, at least for RTL’s
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

A caution about inventory pages from dealers....

Many dealers these days show the whole ball of wax available from Can-Am regardless of what is in "their" inventory.

If you looking for a specific model...a call ahead is advisable.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Firefox got me in...thx

Spyder Garage

Well folks, the deal is done and everything has been taken care of.
    I wanted to wait until everything was resolved before posting a full review so that others could make an informed decision. On the advice of the many replies we decided to go ahead with the purchase. we bought a new (leftover 2018 I imagine) yellow F3S for my wife. We had been sharing our 2018 black F3s which is now currently all mine. The deal couldn't have been easier! As was stated by some of the responders to the thread, there is no price negotiation at all. What you see is what you get. There is a $179 doc fee and THAT IS IT! No dealer fee, no prep fee, no assembly fee and no delivery fee at all. The bike was delivered to us in a few days and, I stress again, the deal couldn't have been any easier. Upon delivery there were 2 small issues. A scratched body panel and the bike only came with 1 key (both noted and agreed to by the delivery driver). I contacted my salesman immediately and he agreed to make it right. The only shortcoming in the transaction came here, I know we were not their only customer but I feel that our salesman could have communicated more often. After multiple rounds of email I decided to reach out to the dealership's owner (Mr. Tim Walter). Within minutes he had the body panel and a key blank on the way (they had admitted to losing the spare key and I had requested a new panel because I had no problem changing it myself). When the package arrived the key blank had somehow made it's way thru a hole in the box. I again contacted Mr. Walter who suggested I obtain a key from my local dealer. After obtaining a new key and having it cut and programmed I sent pictures of the receipts to Mr. Walter. He replied within MINUTES and the reimbursement check arrived yesterday. Terrific service!
    I would buy from them again (dealing directly with MR. Walter) without hesitation and would recommend anyone in the market give them a chance.
    Just my opinion....
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

I took down my post, because I posted this being very frustrated and I should wait till and if they make it right. But so far I'm very disappointed in my experience. And by making it right I mean just giving me what I paid for. Nothing more nothing less.
    So time will tell, some people have told me they need to compensate you for all this. All I want is them to just make it right. Compensation to me is how much responsibility will they acknowledge and accept. And I have no control over that. The price for the bike was great, there are no set up fees $179.00 and free shipping is the deal. How all of it is executed is another matter.
    I'll keep you updated.
    Terry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I bought my 2014 RTS from them. All in all, it was a little slow going. Seemed to slow down about the time I said I was doing my own financing. But after LOTS of emails, I got all the paperwork. Once catch, they sent me the paper to verify the mileage. Well, it the pics showed the dash with 997 miles, but they listed it with over 30k. Well, which is it? Seems they had to back track and found out that the PO traded it in to a car deal that also owned a harley shop. They put over 1k on the trike, and somewhere along the line it got a new set of gauges. They said they'd make it right on the title, but that didn't happen either, so I had to do it when I registered it here in SC.

The delivery-this was weird. When I asked when I could expect delivery, the salesman told me it could be 1-3 weeks. Ok, that sucks, but I understand. 2 days later, I get a call from an unknown number, then a text from the same number saying they'd be there the next day with my Spyder. Huh? So, next day, sure enough, a Dodge 2500 with a 35' enclosed triler shows up with my tryke. One key and no paperwork of any kind. So I have to call and see what's up. Needless to say, they were very urprised that I have it already. Seem my tryke was sitting at the FL location, not IL, so they weren't aware it had shipped. If I'd known that, I might have driver down and done all this in person.

They email me a temp tag so I can ride it, then overnight the title so I managed to take care of the rest myself. On inspection, I found that one of the hinges on the left side bag was broken. Get some pics and email them. talk to the saleman the next day and he said they were trying to work with the local dealer to get the repair done. Not knowing any better, I said I could handle it myself, so they gladly sent me the part. I've written a different post on the pain of installing the new bag.

Overall, I got a decent price, and the service was a bit slow but in the end they took care of everything. I wouldn't "highly" recommend them, but if they have what you want at a good price, they're pretty good to deal with.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

I do not have any experience with them so I am only making assumptions, but I wouldn't think you would save that much money as compared to buying from a local dealer. Even if you saved a couple hundred dollars, is it really worth the hassle, wait time, and not having a business relationship with a local dealer? They are probably a good idea for folks that do not have a dealer near them, but besides that, I dont see the advantages to buying from them. I might be an exception, but I compared their online prices to my dealer's online prices on a few Spyders, and they were the same. I realize those prices are somewhat negotiable but so are my dealer's.
    SpyderSkeets
    Ashburn, VA
    2017 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

I would have bought local, but the dealers near me only had 2018-19s, or used 998 models. I didn't want either. There were a few withing an hours or so drive, but they wanted around $3k more for a similar Spyder.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSkeets View Post
    I do not have any experience with them so I am only making assumptions, but I wouldn't think you would save that much money as compared to buying from a local dealer. Even if you saved a couple hundred dollars, is it really worth the hassle, wait time, and not having a business relationship with a local dealer? They are probably a good idea for folks that do not have a dealer near them, but besides that, I dont see the advantages to buying from them. I might be an exception, but I compared their online prices to my dealer's online prices on a few Spyders, and they were the same. I realize those prices are somewhat negotiable but so are my dealer's.
    I'm all for supporting a local dealer and understand what you are saying. But when a local dealer won't wiggle or haggel on price and he is $3000 or more higher than iMotorsports, who would you buy from. Well unless you got more money than you know what to do with, then I guess you do buy local. Well lets gets real here, you buy from the dealer with the best price. Hey if the local dealer was only a few hundred dollars then yes I would of bought local. But that was not the case.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A bit off topic but I drove over the Wisconsin border to save money with I purchased my truck.

So as long as your happy with the purchase and price why not go for it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    I'm all for supporting a local dealer and understand what you are saying. But when a local dealer won't wiggle or haggel on price and he is $3000 or more higher than iMotorsports, who would you buy from. Well unless you got more money than you know what to do with, then I guess you do buy local. Well lets gets real here, you buy from the dealer with the best price. Hey if the local dealer was only a few hundred dollars then yes I would of bought local. But that was not the case.
    I totally agree. I would have done the same thing for $3000...probably even for less than that. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who was able to get mine from my local dealer at around the same price as Imotorsports.
    SpyderSkeets
    Ashburn, VA
    2017 F3-T SE6

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I’m going to be at odds with the previous posters regarding iMotorsports. Please note my experience with them was a couple of years ago. They were one of 6 dealers I chose to approach to buy a 17 F3L. I gave each a list of exactly what I wanted.
    2 of the 5 never replied to repeated emails and phone calls. One wasn’t interested in selling out of state. 2 of the remaining 3 were responsive and very customer service focused. iMotorsports was very slow to reply, changed figures a number of times, tried to sell me units clearly not contained on my list, took days and days to get any replies, etc.. In my experience they just were not at all adequately responsive. After a month, they were deleted from my list. I hope things have changed for the better.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series