Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

For me real life accelerstion from roll on is more important than 0-60.
    From 30-90 the Ryker us just a lot of fun and blast for overtaking.
    Ryker is just so much more engaging machine

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    Well, I'll have to compare side by side to know for sure. I don't think the Rally is as fast as the RS but at the same time I don't think its that far off between the speeds of 30-90
    I have a 2008 GS SM5 that is about as fast as any 998cc that hasn't been highly modified. I plan to do some roll on side-by-sides to see how it goes. My feeling is the GS will be faster. But who knows. The Ryker is pretty quick.

If you are looking for the sensation of speed. The Ryker 900 definitely fills the bill.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    When I looked at the specs and saw some 0-60 numbers, my thought was, well, it's like a big old HD as far as performance. But it "feels" fast. The only thing I can think of is because it's so low to the ground, more like an Ariel Atom that a sport bike. I look down and my foot is very close to the ground. Now, I am coming off of owning a Ninja 1000, which on paper slays the Ryker (120 hp and 516 lbs wet). It is noticeably slower than the Ninja, but not as much as I expected. I am pleased about this because I like spirited riding. What are your thoughts?
    I find it interesting that you say the Ninja is faster, but not as much as you expected.

My last Suzuki GSXR600 redlined I believe at 17,500 and I could easily get about 95 MPH out of just 2nd gear! I still have 4 more gears to go. That being said thats darn near the top speed of a Ryker, compared to way more to come from GSXR600! So your Ninja comment is interesting to say the least.

Spyder Garage

Hi Rogue Hawk ref Ryker feels fast , I find when it hits 6000rpm + it feels like a turbo is kicking in , very impressed . Regards Nico 75

Spyder Garage

My Harley does not have the horse power of the Ryker, period. I do know that on the 900, the start to 50mph is obtained before you can think about it. I also know that there is no need to down shift to pass someone and the 50mph to passing speeds is there with NO thought whatsoever. I do not care about top end. I put my Harley up to 100mph on an open highway ONCE, just to see what it could do. It had more in it but I did not wish to see what it would be like if I lost a tire at that speed. I am interested in highway speeds of up to 80mph and the Ryker does that easily. I am interested in the quality of the experience. Not the quality of the "comfort" or the top speed it can obtain. I have to give up my Harley because of physical conditions and still want the open air experience of a motorcycle. The Ryker gives that to me and I am grateful. I really thought my motorcycle days were at an end until the Ryker. I do not compare the speed of the Ryker to a "crotch rocket" and I do not compare the comfort to a car or a Spyder. If I wanted a Spyder I would have bought one. The unusual surprise to me regarding the Ryker is the weird feeling I get when I accelerate without needing to downshift. It gets up and goes without a thought. It is also weird how it does not shift like an automatic transmission. It just has the power and it gives it to you. I know that coming off the line, the Ryker is faster than a car and if I need to get ahead so that I can cross lanes, I have the quick start of a motorcycle.
    I have had my experience with "Rice Burners," Britt bikes and leaky mark-your-spot "thumpers" and for the past decade-plus, the dear to my heart and American made Harley Davidsons. I am now adding the three wheeled motorcycle, Ryker to my riding experience. It is not supposed to be a two wheeler and it is not supposed to be a car or even a Spider. It is just a bare bones three wheeled motorcycle for whatever you wish to use it for. And it is cheap enough that anyone can afford the experience. I think of it as my motorcycle with training wheels.
    Whether it feels fast or not, it is really fun to ride. Just check out the Youtube videos of those that test ride one for the first time. Those biker guys come back giggling like school girls. My daughter took mine for a ride and came home with a giant grin on her face. That is something that is priceless.