Spyder Garage

Default F3-S SE must haves???

I was originally interested in a Ryker (Rally) but based on reading these forums and what I want to use my CanAm for, I see myself gravitating more and more to the F3-S SE. I have found several stock 2017's & 2018's (new or dealer demos) on cycletrader.com that are comparable (tad more expensive) than a tricked-out Rally. I like some of the features of the F3-S SE better than the Ryker: cruise control, bigger storage frunk, etc. etc. I plan on driving my CanAm to work regularly (about 35 miles each way, with some interstate travel), as well as for recreational trips to the beach and mountains. I don't plan on taking any long cross-country trips or go touring, but may do some weekend getaways with drives of 6-hours or less (one way). All that being said, I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on must have add-ons to a stock F3-S SE.

For instance, at times I may have a passenger on the back seat...should get upgraded shocks or are the stock ones on the F3-S SE okay? I'm not a heavy rider...5'9" and 160 lbs.

Items I already know I'll want to acquire:
    -LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    -LED Rear Lights
    -Signature Light
    -Blue Ridge Windshield
    -Bump Skid
    -Helmet Locks
    -1/2 or Full Cover
    -Removable Passenger Back Rest
    -Tux Tie Storage Bag (Tank)
    -Sway Bar?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts..I appreciate your expertise.

I've run a full marathon (26.2 miles) in all 50 Sates.

Spyder Garage

Anything you don't get from the dealer, you can always add on later, and you might have a larger choice of the kind things to choose from. Often you can find a stock item someone took off and is selling on ebay for half what the new price would be.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Check out mine, fully loaded & ready to sell.
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...p?120371-Value
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JS3535 View Post
    Check out mine, fully loaded & ready to sell.
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...p?120371-Value
    I did look at it... very nicely equipped, but older & more miles than I want. Also more than I want to pay...you'd have to come way way down from $24k. Thanks!

I've run a full marathon (26.2 miles) in all 50 Sates.

Spyder Garage

I’m only asking $17,500 and 9k miles is pretty low mileage category I believe. Pm me with any questions. Thanks
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

For god's sake do not waste your money on blue ridge. I just bought a used F3 that came with it and wind buffeting is insane. I actually find it better off without it. Rear shock is joke but it was to be expected from the research i did before getting the bike. So if you ask me from the very few days i had the bike the only musts are rear shock, bajaron swaybar and backrest for passenger and belt tensioner but i dont find belt vibration too bad.

Spyder Garage

If you could make a deal with JS3535 you will get a bike with everything you will ever need plus more

Spyder Garage

The stock rear shock is weak and not adjustable... I guess it's OK if you ride solo but not at all convenient for two up.
    For storage the SHAD side cases are one of the best options (robust, waterproof and will hold one large modular helmet each).

Blueridge windscreen is OK but not 100% effective, some (like me) have added the MRA X-creen spoiler to make it perfect.
    The Spyder has a low nose so the Bump skid is a nice thing to have.
    LED lights are a good upgrade.

Cannot say about the sway bar, I have yet to install mine.
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black Satin

Spyder Garage

Sway bar - essential. The standard one off the RT (2014+) is a good upgrade for the F3 for little/no money if you can find a second hand one.
    2 up rear shock - desirable. Big improvement over standard which is very poor. I have a passenger on very rarely and I find the 2 up is good enough for just me (around 160lbs plus luggage) and occassional passenger.
    Front shocks - ???? No replaced these yet but I would try sway bar / tire pressures first if you find the front end too soft. You can do a lot to tune the front end with pressures.
    Blue Ridge Shield - worth getting. Keeps wind off your chest but does funnel a lot to the head - I wear full face helmet and wind doesn't bother me too much. I rode for a year with no shield and it was much worse than with the blue ridge IMO. It also has the most OEM looking brackets and looks like it belongs on the bike unlike some of the aftermarket stuff.
    One you don't mention - rider backrest. I would seriously consider getting one as there's not much lip on the seat to hold you in place. There's enough acceleration on the F3 that the backrest made me more confident really opening it up. Also don't have to hang on to the bars so much.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |