Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Viewing Genius Maps route in dash

A friend with RTL has everything set it up on iPhone and dash and when she starts a route she sees it highlighted in the phone BUT doesn’t see the highlighted route in the dash. Any ideas?

She’s paid for the app, vehicle connectivity and all that.

Thanks
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hope you find the problem, it will be Obvious to someone.
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

What year of Spyder, must be 2018 or 2019 to use Genius Maps on the dash.

Then, you must have BRP Connect and Genius Maps installed on the phone, is it an IPhone or Android?

You must have the phone connected to the USB cable in the frunk.

If the friend has those basic requirements, an explanation of what exactly she is doing and what she is seeing will help the experts on here ( that is not me ) give some advice.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Spyder Garage

You mention she sees that "she sees it highlighted in the phone BUT doesn’t see the highlighted route in the dash". Does she have Genius display (at all) on the dash, or is she seeing the map but the specific turn by turn is not shaded? If she is not seeing anything, I might try a different cable for grins. If any single pin is tweaky in a cable it can cause funny results like that. If she just is not seeing a highlighted route but the rest of the map/app, that sounds like a software bug and I don't have a great recommendation. Given that Genius is 3 "apps", meaning the core and 2 pieces you have to purchase, I might try reloading those from scratch if you can. My thought, the turn by turn connectivity did not instal properly won first attempt.

I decided on Sygic, and found that the app installs can be very finicky. I changed out phones, and just tried a reinstall after migrating phones. No luck. I ended up having to go in with a file manager and deleting anything that said "Sygic" on my phone, Worked like a charm after that.....

Good luck. The good new is it probably is it may not be BRP Connect in this case.....
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Obviously it’s a 2018 or 19. She sees the highlighted route on the phone but when she connects it to the bike, all she sees is the map, no route highlighted. She has the latest update. Dealer can’t figure it out either.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I’m thinking either she thinks she has the vehicle connectivity set up and she doesn’t or she’s doing it wrong. She leaves the Genius maps open when she plugs it into the bike and I’m not sure if that causes problems. I made a video of how I do it and we’ll see tomorrow if she can get it to work. She’s in New Jersey.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    A friend with RTL has everything set it up on iPhone and dash and when she starts a route she sees it highlighted in the phone BUT doesn’t see the highlighted route in the dash. Any ideas?

Thanks
    I had this issue as well with my Android phone. I found that if I turn my key on, let the system load, hit the "ECO" button, then hook up my phone cable in the Front Trunk I could get it to work! Don't open the app or have the route already selected, that is where I was having an issue. Wait until the Spyder actually connects to the phone(Phone screen goes dark) and then by using the toggle (the one on the left side behind the hand grip) bring up your apps, select Genius maps and then open the route you want to use and hit "start".

If you can see anything on your phone, you are not connected properly as the BRP Connect should have taken over control of the phone!

At least that is how my 2018 RT Limited is working without the 20.3 updated software. I would like to get the software updated but my dealer keeps saying it is not available. I'm hoping this will let me hear turn by turn directions in my Cardo Headset!

Dave C.
    2018 RT , White

Spyder Garage

I checked mine today. Android phone and dash firmware at 20.8. It appears to to work just fine. The app can be started and the destination chosen before connecting to the Spyder. I also tried choosing the destination after connecting. It does not seem to matter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post

Thanks
    May I suggest you reach out to Chico with NISR (Nebraska Iowa Spyder Ryders) as he had done extensive work on this issue very recently. His email is: zagan@cox.net
    BIG F