Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Re-sizing a 8.5 ft x 10ft. Aluminum Snomobile Trailer

Because I am getting rid of my Toyt. Spyder hauler / camper ….. I needed to get something else …. I had the above for a long time, but no longer have snowmobiles …. I have started stripping it down, to the bare frame. … I plan to remove 29 inches from the cross pieces width ( to 72 inches ) and lowering it 8 inches from 22 inches to 16 inches. It is a Torsion spring suspension, so the ride ( for the Spyder ) is pretty supple. …. I plan to weld up some 3/4 in. angle iron to make a 6' wide X 6'3" high X 10' long box, covered in either galvanized sheet metal or alumin. sheets or a combination .... I am adding a short " V " nose that will have 2 shelves inside, and a 24inch side door. …. the entire rear will flip up, providing a sort of covered " Patio ". the entire thing tilts, so only short ramps are needed. …. I will insulate the walls and ceiling with foam board and use Luan plywood to cover both .... I am taking pics during the build and will post when done. I did something similar for my Toyt. pk-up … so not breaking much new ground ….. Later … Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I appreciate ambition.