Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Do yourself, your wife, your gas mileage, your eyeballs, and your psyche a favor and ride the parallel state roads such as Hwy 38. You'll lose some time but you'll more than make up for it in a more relaxed ride at a slower pace and and much better scenery to look at! And the wife won't be able to push you to ride at 80 since the speed limit will probably max out at 70!

Exactly we always stay off the interstates, we google map and avoid them you guys are going to think we are siissies but 65 is top spped for us even if we have to do interstates. we relax when we ride. Our trip down to chatanooga the other day was beautiful the backroads down here are 4 lane limited access roads hardly any traffic. I understand wanting to get to point B as fast as you can but speed does kill, wont get graphic but 37 years as a first responder you see a lot Thanks guys
    Dave
    2013 RT Limited
    Lamonster FBB with larger gripper pegs
    Value Accessories dah mount
    Custom Dynamics High Mount brake light
    BRP passenger arm rests

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fire34 View Post
    Exactly we always stay off the interstates, we google map and avoid them you guys are going to think we are siissies but 65 is top spped for us even if we have to do interstates. we relax when we ride. Our trip down to chatanooga the other day was beautiful the backroads down here are 4 lane limited access roads hardly any traffic. I understand wanting to get to point B as fast as you can but speed does kill, wont get graphic but 37 years as a first responder you see a lot Thanks guys
    Dave
    Good points. We are soon moving to Arkansas...and will be a short distance from beautiful Ozark mountain rides. Looking forward to slowing down and smelling the roses.

Our comfort zone has always been no more than 5 mph above posted. When I get to 70 posted (rare here), we still do about 65 or a bit less.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Ha! My wife usually wakes up when her helmet hits the back of mine.

Spyder Garage

Do wear ear protection if riding on the interstate. Wind noise can be a problem, and wear you out faster.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Spyder Garage

I like to wear earbuds with the Sena 20S Evo on my helmet. It's the only way to fly...

Spyder Garage

The day I bought mine, I rode my 2011 RT just over 6 hours at 70ish mph without issue. That wind will dehydrate you though. Get a camelback.
    2011 RT , Silver

Spyder Garage

We ran 80 mph last August going to Yellowstone, with no problem.
    You can always travel across South Dakota on Hwy 44 which is what I prefer, great roads and much more relaxing.
    Ms Jetson
    2021 Spyder RT Limited Chaulk/Dark
    Farkles:
    Drivers Backrest, K.O.T.T. Grills, Lamonster Handlebar riser

Past rides; 2007 Lehman Jackal, 2014 Spyder RTS

Flatlands of South Dakota
    Lennox,SD

2014 RT , Congac

Spyder Garage

Came from Colorado to Texas gulf coast last July. Texas roads 75mph. 11hours in 90 to 106 temp no problem. Set the cruse and roll.

Spyder Garage

Default Heh heh

My first thought on your post was to add a seatbelt from rear hand hold to rear hand hold....sorry, couldn't resist...

2 Wheels (ST1100, Marauder, Honda Shadow, Honda Rebel) 3 wheels (2018 Spyder RT Ltd)

Foam grip covers
    Tri-Axis Handlebars.....

Spyder Garage

Our 2014 rts has done it several times, no problem. Sometimes best to do 85 90 mph. Stay out of the way of the 30ft cattle trucks. Do not be scared just aware that is in thier work day schedule. No heat no problems just make sure your machine is serviced. Including tire pressure and do not ride on questionable tires. Summer is when thenorth western states can work on roads. Could mean long waits and gravel. Safe travels.

Spyder Garage

When that happens I get bit by wife. I am knocking the rhinestones off her brain bucket. T Totoally unacceptable.

Spyder Garage

Both my wife and I rode the Spyder at 80 MPH across Interstate 90 in South Dakota this past week. No problems, so I wanted to thank everyone for boosting my confidence that the Spyder could handle it. To be honest, I rode 75 to 80 MPH while the wife put it in the 80 to 85 MPH range.