I have been called many things before but one the best was "Stat-Nazi." I have a love for data and information that can be derived from that. With that preface, I have been collection data from every fuel stop that has been made with my 2018 RTL. Trip length, total mileage, cost per gallon, gallons per fill, MPG, cost / mile, total cost. I can make all of that available if any one is truly interested. For me I see the question of how much mileage can I get per tank? What's my MPG?

In the first 5,444 miles I can answer how it was for me. I average 33.43 MPG. In theory that means 230 miles could be possible on a tank (6.9 gallons).

Now for the butt-in-seat-honesty. Longest gas station to gas station ryde 180 miles, 4.346 gallons, 41.41 MPG (85% highway ryding). A lot of 150-ish milers, 5.1 - 5.2 gallons, 30 - 31 MPG.

I rarely use highways, love the back roads and love to ride pretty hard.

Does this mileage fit your experience? What is the furthest that you have ridden on a single tank? Is that tank 7.1G + a 0.5G reserve? (Not that I am pushing it).

Just thought I'd share before I start my treks across this great country via the secondary highways .... before the Eisenhower Interstate System (you know the blue and red signs you're all familiar with )