Thread: New Toy

Spyder Garage

Default New Toy

Getting used to my 2018 Spyder RTL hole lot diff. then the Harleys New learning curve..

Spyder Garage

and on your new Spyder.

You may find the attached link to be helpful.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-Spyder-owners

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

on the new spyder, you got to love coming to a stop and not having to put your foot down. But I bet you still want to reach for the brake. its all good you'll love it!! give it time!!
    2012 RTL , Brown

North Las Vegas, NV, Third Rock From The Sun
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to Spyderdom! My 2018 RTL is only 4 weeks old. Can still feel a bit strange after all the years on 2-wheelers, but give it time and you're gonna have a blast riding it. My hardest thing getting used to was the feeling in turns it wanted to throw me off the side of the bike. Bring your knees in to "grip the gas tank" like you would on a 2-wheeler and that helps a lot during the transition while turning. Builds "Thighs of Steel" too. For "Buns of Steel", you'll have to try something else.

2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    on the new spyder, you got to love coming to a stop and not having to put your foot down. But I bet you still want to reach for the brake. its all good you'll love it!! give it time!!

And the best part is, if you take off without picking your foot back up, you won't run over your own foot like you would on a Harley trike.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Congrats !!

Spyder Garage

Didn't have any problem at all adjusting. I rode a Harley Sportster for the last 25 years, but it has a trike kit on it, so I was already used to the different feeling of not leaning in the curves. At first it feels like you are going to flip over in the corners. Just take it slow for about 200 miles and that feeling goes away. After a short time you will find the limits that you don't want to exceed and it is a lot faster in the turns than you might think it is. I lost half my left leg in a bike wreck in 1981. Got so I could not wear a prosthetic leg any more about 2003. Been riding trikes out of necessity since then.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

My Spyder has certainly added years to my riding. Bought it right after my 75th birthday. That was 15 months ago and put 17,000 plus miles on her. Went from a triked out Yamaha. Spyder is so much easier to ride, especially over long distances

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by starrider60 View Post
    My Spyder has certainly added years to my riding. Bought it right after my 75th birthday. That was 15 months ago and put 17,000 plus miles on her. Went from a triked out Yamaha. Spyder is so much easier to ride, especially over long distances
    My charming wife and I agree with you completely. Our Spyders have added years to our riding abilities. At age 74 I've enjoyed my 2015 RT-L immensely over the past three years. It didn't take too many weeks of ownership before my bride wanted her own Spyder and now she has one - a pristine 2012 RT Limited.

Last spring we wandered from San Antonio to Tucson, Tombstone and Bisbee, Arizona - 2200 miles - without a single problem and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. This year, we just completed a shorter tour - some 1700 miles - of the Big Bend Country of west Texas and again had a grand time without a single problem. Good weather, reliable machines, bike to bike communication, cruise control for the straighter roads and more luggage space than we actually need. It's hard to beat Spyders for touring in our opinion.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your spyder and to the spyder web Dale