Spyder Garage

Default Radio and 12 volt power supply

Hi I bought a radio and speaker set that should be here shortly. I can't seem to recall but cant find the thread on 12v. I thought it said there was a 12v connection under the left panel. I don't want to do anything that could void my warranty, I might even wait till it has expired to install it. But I like to have my plan for voltage before hand. It has been raining here for days and I have not had a chance to pull the panel.
    I also thought about a helmet with speakers, but I do not want blue tooth and most speakers I have seen are poor quality. Also I don't have a fortune to spend on another helmet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oregoncoast View Post
    Hi I bought a radio and speaker set that should be here shortly. I can't seem to recall but cant find the thread on 12v. I thought it said there was a 12v connection under the left panel. I don't want to do anything that could void my warranty, I might even wait till it has expired to install it. But I like to have my plan for voltage before hand. It has been raining here for days and I have not had a chance to pull the panel.
    I also thought about a helmet with speakers, but I do not want blue tooth and most speakers I have seen are poor quality. Also I don't have a fortune to spend on another helmet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I would ( and have ) added a simple & in-expensive ( see Banggood.com ) Fuse block to my RT ….. this will isolate any shorts etc. from the rest of your electrical system..... very simple to add into the Spyders system ….. good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage
    2019 600 , Haze Blue

Spyder Garage

I simply use ear buds ( I Like Skullcandy) and use my mini mp3 player. With the wind and engine noise over 45 mph and blaring speakers you would be deaf in no time. Ear buds block a LOT of wind, engine noise and you can hear "Medium" volumn music a Lot Clearer with Much less damage to your ears. Every little bit of hearing you lose you will Never get back.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    I simply use ear buds ( I Like Skullcandy) and use my mini mp3 player. With the wind and engine noise over 45 mph and blaring speakers you would be deaf in no time. Ear buds block a LOT of wind, engine noise and you can hear "Medium" volumn music a Lot Clearer with Much less damage to your ears. Every little bit of hearing you lose you will Never get back.
    That is not legal in Floriduh, but I don't expect the police would notice that easily. You can speakers in the helmet, but no earbuds or headphones for any vehicle.

Spyder Garage

I have tried ear buds, while going 55 mph they have to be very loud to cover the engine sound. I bought a set of go hawk speakers and amp. If it ever stops raining and gets warner I will install the set. I got 4 inch speakers to get better sound, there not bad. Also has fm radio. I believe any kind of headphones would be illegal here also, but hard to see.

Spyder Garage

I remember someone indicating you can pull 12 volt power from the where the two USB connections come from in the glove box. You have to pull the glove box out to access this location. There is also the accessory connection under the left color panel that would use the harness that FreezeFM referenced from LeMonster garage above. As this is an accessory port built in check the fuse so you do not pull two much power.
    (Edited due to auto complete)
    Current: 2022 CAN AM F3S SS. Manta Green, Route 129 windscreen.

Previous:CAN AM Ryker Rally. Intense black, side case , comfort drivers seat, comfort passenger seat with back r test, wind screen, LED auxiliary lighting.
    2022 F3S, special series , Manta Green

Spyder Garage

Actually mine does not have the wire shown in the video, I have not pulled the glove box to check the voltage yet but the amp will run 10 -16 volts so I should be ok. I wish they had put a aux wire like my Kawasaki had, it would have made it simple.

Spyder Garage

That wire should be there. It is the location that the BRP auxiliary LED lights connect into (I have the lights) See the installation instructions for the lights for its location as I believe it looks like it is connected (or is connected) to something under the colored panel. If you connect to the USB CONNECTORS IT IS THE lug between the two connectors.
    Current: 2022 CAN AM F3S SS. Manta Green, Route 129 windscreen.

Previous:CAN AM Ryker Rally. Intense black, side case , comfort drivers seat, comfort passenger seat with back r test, wind screen, LED auxiliary lighting.
    2022 F3S, special series , Manta Green

Spyder Garage

Mine has one large harness, the smaller must be in the single harness. Also I could not find the connector, I did not want to pull to hard on it. But right now I am just trying to decide the install. I will get my meter out when I figure what looks the best. Thanks