Spyder Garage

Default Need a Bigger Top Case

Hi Everyone: My wife and I just bought 2 new Rykers. We traded in 2 maxi scooters. As you know there is no storage on the Ryker and the top case that Can - Am has is waaaaaay two small. We also bought 2 new 3/4 LS 2 helmets with built in WyFi. I was looking for a way to lock our helmets to the Rykers but there isn't any. Most helmets have the strap and rings and the LS 2 has a racket system. These helmets are rather expensive so what I am asking is about how many liters in size do I need to hold 2 - 3/4 size helmets. I don't want to go any bigger than what I have to but I don't want to have to force 2 helmets in either. Any ideas to get me going in the right direction would be great Brands,Model Numbers etc.

Spyder Garage

Take a look at my thread above regarding installation of the Givi top box on the Ryker. It appears that you can mount a Givi Monolock mounting plate on the Ryker Maxmount. If you have the Givi plate mounted, you can use any Givi Monolock top box. I have a 47-liter box which will easily take my Scorpion 3/4 or my Bell Bullitt fullface helmet without difficulty. Givi has many choices of top box size and configuration.

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

rocinante54...in the previous thread, you said this:

Based on the foregoing, sounds like it should be possible to mount a Monolock plate to the Max Mount with a little innovation.
    What was the innovation/effort to get what I assume you mean is the Givi Universal Monolock Adapter plate, to the max mount? What did you exactly have to do?
    2019 Can-Am Ryker 900 RE
    2019 900 Rally Edition , Black w/Yellow Panels

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Check out Shad boxes also. They also have a universal mounting system that you should be able to adapt
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by graysonsway View Post
    Hi Everyone: My wife and I just bought 2 new Rykers. We traded in 2 maxi scooters. As you know there is no storage on the Ryker and the top case that Can - Am has is waaaaaay two small. We also bought 2 new 3/4 LS 2 helmets with built in WyFi. I was looking for a way to lock our helmets to the Rykers but there isn't any. Most helmets have the strap and rings and the LS 2 has a racket system. These helmets are rather expensive so what I am asking is about how many liters in size do I need to hold 2 - 3/4 size helmets. I don't want to go any bigger than what I have to but I don't want to have to force 2 helmets in either. Any ideas to get me going in the right direction would be great Brands,Model Numbers etc.
    I mounted a givi case with no problems at all
    as long as you have the adapter plate and maxmout 30706557-F42D-420C-B68E-5C02D00EBC56.jpg30706557-F42D-420C-B68E-5C02D00EBC56.jpg

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Lots of choices on E-bay …. Mike

Spyder Garage
    2019 900 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTRyker View Post
    rocinante54...in the previous thread, you said this:

What was the innovation/effort to get what I assume you mean is the Givi Universal Monolock Adapter plate, to the max mount? What did you exactly have to do?
    The Universal Givi mounting plate has lots of holes and uses up to four 'w' shaped brackets under whatever you are mounting to. I've mounted mine to three different bikes, everything from a Ural to a Honda 750 Nighthawk. I was going to use mine but decided to go with a Givi knockoff for 1/3 the cost of a Givi for now. IF I want a bigger box, I'll go with the Give and the Universal mount.

Spyder Garage

I don't have a Ryker yet, but was aware that others had mounted a Givi mounting plate to the Maxmount. I posted the thread to request details. If you you through the thread, you'll see that others have done it and described the proces. McRuss has summarized it nicely above.