Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spyder Garage

non turbo 900 ACE 12:1 from what I can find on interwebs

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Just curious, has anyone looked at the emissions certification label ON THE BIKE? It specifies the required octane fuel for the bike as shipped and superceedes the owners manual. Would not be the first time BRP sold a bike that was certified for one thing and the owners manuals were out of date or in error.

Could someone post a pic of the label from a Ryker 600 and 900?
    The label in the Frunk on the 900 Rally says 87

Spyder Garage

Found some answers in my Thumb Drive Manual. 12.1 compression for 600 11.1 for 900 Gas Minimum is ( As stated before) 87 Non Eth- and 91 (10%) Eth- This is North America Minimums.
    Beware of All you electrical needs- The 900 Magneto puts out 400 Watts 14 V at 7000 RPMs ( which Most don,t average during driving) So figure 350 watts . The Spyders put out TWICE the electrical power.

I only have Fogs Lights and when I plug into my maintainer after a ride it Charges for 4-5 Minutes before it turns Green. On my F3 when I plug in the maintainer after a ride it charges about 10 seconds and Turns Green. I would keep the Ryker on a Maintainer if you Run a Lot Of Stuff?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I have read through this thread and although I might have missed it I did not see a reference to Ethanol free 89 octane gas which is available locally. Currently I am using premium unleaded in my Ryker 600 ACE but should I use the Ethanol free 89 mentioned? My monthly mileage is not high so cost is not a large concern to me.

I appreciate any guidance on this.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxfann View Post
    I have read through this thread and although I might have missed it I did not see a reference to Ethanol free 89 octane gas which is available locally. Currently I am using premium unleaded in my Ryker 600 ACE but should I use the Ethanol free 89 mentioned? My monthly mileage is not high so cost is not a large concern to me.

I appreciate any guidance on this.
    Try plain ole 87. If no engine pinging at all, then you are ALREADY at optimal performance.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vstrommer View Post
    Tenderizing?

I'd give my 2¢ if I thought it would make a difference.

It's like oil filters. Do you know why people pay $2 for an oil filter for a $10,000 engine? Because they cant find it for a dollar.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dedave View Post
    Tenderizing?

I'd give my 2¢ if I thought it would make a difference.

It's like oil filters. Do you know why people pay $2 for an oil filter for a $10,000 engine? Because they cant find it for a dollar.
    Lamont said something like this to me one time. I asked him why we were doing 130 mph up a freeway on-ramp. He said 'Because the on-ramp was too short to go any faster'.

Lamont has a lot of unexpected answers, and I've heard many over the years. But I am sure I have not heard them all.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The alternator on your F3 puts out 1200 watts.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

First and foremost, it should be imparative to read all of the manual. On page 138 it states that 87 ocane is the min required and 91 is the recomended octane. I will always use high octane. I am getting 37-38 MPG on my 600. I am very pleased with the performance.

Spyder Garage

I started out with premium in my Rally. At about 1200 miles I switched over to regular because my brother-in-law was using regular in his with no problems. At 1500 miles I switched back to premium. I wasn't seeing any difference in performance really but my mileage dropped 4 to 5 mpg! I calculated the mpg at regular prices and mpg at premium prices and it come out almost identical on the cost per mile. But, I figured if the engine was getting 4 to 5 more mpg it must be running more efficiently so it's premium from now on.
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Spyder Garage

I stopped using 91 a long time ago but my mileage varies by more more than 10 mpg depending on temp humidity hills etc. I rarely hits 60 here but when I go into the valley it's hot and gas mileage improves.