Spyder Garage

Default 2016 RT Limited CB

I am about to update from my 2012 RT Limited to a 2016 RT Limited. Can I move the CB from the 12 to the 16? Is it the same radio. I do also know that I must get a new CB antenna and cable, are there any better options than BRP?

Spyder Garage

If you look at the Can Am website under the shop button you will see that the CB is listed for 2010-2017
    https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/shop/...2010-2017.html
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderman12 View Post
    are there any better options than BRP?
    That depends on how badly you want it integrated with the rest of the audio system.
    If that is important to you (it is to me), that's about the only good option.

If integration is NOT so important and cost IS important, one of the vendors on here is touting a system he has put together.
    Sorry brain cramp; can't remember his name.......but he should be along shortly !!

P.S. Moving the old one might not be such a good idea as the wiring harnesses needed might not be exactly the same......and the old bike might end up with a non-working audio system.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If your 2012 CB has been trouble free then move it. You may need a new entertainment harness and a new driver's headset jack and harness. There used to be a factory installed harness segment that went from the back end to the front with a connector for the driver headset harness near the glove box and a connector at the rear for the ET to plug into. That is now gone since 2014. The new ET has a different connector and the driver headset jack harness plugs into it.

If you are really handy you could probably fabricate a harness to go from your old ET to the old driver headset harness. Or, depending on the specific plugs you might be able to splice in some wires to make the driver headset harness long enough to reach the back. I had a CB in my 2013 that crapped out so when I got my 2014 I bought a used CB. I can't remember if I got the ET with the CB or used my old one. I know I used the driver headset harness that the guy sent me with the radio. And I don't remember what the specific connector differences are but there were differences.

You will also need an adapter kit from BRP to accommodate the CB radio being mounted 90° from the old mounting position. The kit cost almost nothing.

It's a doable project, but it's not simple plug and play with the old harnesses.

Use Google to search the forum. There has been a lot of discussion of CBs and alternatives. Since the forum search won't search for two letter words do this in Google: CB radio site:spyderlovers.com.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)