Spyder Garage

Default Extended warranty options when Spyder not currently under warranty

I've got a 2014 RT Limited that is NOT under any warranty. I've confirmed this with BRP. I also know that to get the B.E.S.T Extended Service Plan, I have to be under a current B.E.S.T plan or factory warranty. Since my Spyder is not under any warranty, the B.E.S.T Extended Service Plan is not an option. I've contacted my local dealer at the suggestion of BRP to discuss warranty options. What can I expect at the dealer? What warranty options are available for a Spyder not currently covered with an extended warranty?

Spyder Garage

I was just told at a dealer last Friday that my BEST warranty is up at the end of the month. He quoted me $690 for a 2 year extension on it. I suppose it's worth it, especially if something major happens.

Coke
    2015 RT-S , RED/BLACK

Spyder Garage

You don't say how long you've had the Spyder, its mileage, and what kind of reliability it's delivered to date. If it is under no BRP warranty, either factory or B.E.S.T. extended warranty, you are SOL unless you want to gamble with a third party extended warranty. Those critters can be very risky and most dealers doing work require you to pay the bill up front and then settle with the warranty company. And then there the cost of the warranty...

If you're not a gambling man it might be wise to rat hole some dough each month.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Zurich makes a warranty you can add to your Spyder, I put a 2 year one on my Spyder but I don't remember the cost. I think I motorsports sells them.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Don't bother with any of the aftermarket extended service contracts. None of them are worth the paper written on. Too many hoops, too many weasel words. Very little if any payback or real coverage. Long history of being useless. ALL of them.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Don't bother with any of the aftermarket extended service contracts. None of them are worth the paper written on. Too many hoops, too many weasel words. Very little if any payback or real coverage. Long history of being useless. ALL of them.
    My experience has been exactly the opposite. The Zurich on my Spyder more then paid for itself during the time I had it. Maybe I was lucky I don't know, but they list what they will cover and if its there they pay minus $50.00 deductible.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    You don't say how long you've had the Spyder, its mileage, and what kind of reliability it's delivered to date. If it is under no BRP warranty, either factory or B.E.S.T. extended warranty, you are SOL unless you want to gamble with a third party extended warranty. Those critters can be very risky and most dealers doing work require you to pay the bill up front and then settle with the warranty company. And then there the cost of the warranty...

If you're not a gambling man it might be wise to rat hole some dough each month.
    I've had the Spyder roughly 2 months. I picked it up with 13100 miles on it. I've already put about 200 on it. No problems with it so far but I've read lots of stories on this forum regarding the Spyder's possibility for issues and the expense to repair/maintain. Based on what you're saying it may be more cost effective and less hassle to create a repair fund and regularly contribute to it. Definitely worth considering.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Zurich makes a warranty you can add to your Spyder, I put a 2 year one on my Spyder but I don't remember the cost. I think I motorsports sells them.
    What is motorsports? I googled that but didn't come up with anything useful.

Spyder Garage

My experience has been exactly the opposite. The Zurich on my Spyder more then paid for itself during the time I had it. Maybe I was lucky I don't know, but they list what they will cover and if its there they pay minus $50.00 deductible.
    If I went with a Zurich warranty, would they need to verify the condition of the Spyder somehow? When you used your Zurich warranty, what was the process?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mojowcs View Post
    ...Based on what you're saying it may be more cost effective and less hassle to create a repair fund and regularly contribute to it. Definitely worth considering.
    My B.E.S.T. extended warranty will expire in Oct,this year, after a total of five years of factory, two yr, and B.E.S.T. extended, 3 yr. I see no justifiable reason to purchase any additional warranty protection but will sock away X $$ each month to cover whatever may arise beyond normal service costs. Based on the performance of my '14RT-S to date, turned 52K today, it has been very reliable. I hope its reliability continues and that my rat hole stash will become a party slush fund for me and my bride.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What is motorsports? I googled that but didn't come up with anything useful.
    1 think he meant imotorsports.com.
    Bert

Spyder Garage

If I went with a Zurich warranty, would they need to verify the condition of the Spyder somehow? When you used your Zurich warranty, what was the process?
    they didn't on mine. It was a 2012 that I bought in 2015. BTW the company is Imotorsports. They are a sponsor here I think.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

Spyder Garage

Glad to know SOMEONE got some coverage. I and friends and customers have been shafted by all of them, including Zurich. Text of the plan means nothing. At least not what you think it does.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Has anyone had trouble getting warranty work at their dealer, after buying the extended warranty at Sierra Cycles or somewhere else?

Spyder Garage

At one time BRP was a bit slow getting the extended warranty cars to owners, like a couple of months or more; don't know if they're faster now and, of course, it wouldn't matter if the Spyder was still under factory warranty. I have not heard a single case of a BRP dealer declining to honor a B.E.S.T. extended warranty. The rub comes when an owner expects a wear item, like brake pads, clutch discs, etc., to be replaced under warranty. As usual, read the fine print.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Does anyone have any experience third party Western Service Contract?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Thopper View Post
    Does anyone have any experience third party Western Service Contract?
    Let The Buyer Beware! There are many bad customer reviews, that would scare me away from Western.

https://www.complaintsboard.com/comp...p-c301446.html
    2016 RT Limited , Black & Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Western has gone out of business several times. Each time coming back under a slightly different name. Each time they file bankruptcy, the policies are worthless. I bought one years ago. They continue to play this con game selling policies and honoring claims until the ponzie scheme is bust. File bankruptcy and start over.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame