Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Brp came through!!! Bluetooth stuff works now!!!

Thanks BRP you listend to us!!!

Couple of weeks ago I took my 2018 RT in for it's 9300 mile service. They did a new upgrade on the firmware. BRP FINALLY CAME THROUGH!!!

I can now connect my BT Sena helmet to the bike, I can connect my Android phone to the bike and >>>NOW<<<

The FM audio from the bike can be played through my helmet. I can switch between bike speakers or helmet on the dashboard settings.

I can now play my phone (Iheart or Pandora) through my helmet OR the bike speakers.

And now with the phone pared I can bring up the contact list from my phone on the dashboard, scroll through the list with the toggle on the handle bar, push the button and dial the number connecting my phone and helmet.

Oh and they added a "what you have left for miles on fuel in the tank" indicator on the left side but......It's about 40 miles high. I would be pushing by then...ha ha..

I am so happy...
    John

2018 Spyder RT
    Custom Pinstriping by Fastripe.com see video @ https://www.dropbox.com/s/5icsez0g0w...iping.mp4?dl=0
    18" floor boards
    Ram mount phone X holder
    Ram mount cup holder

Spyder Garage

YEP, the new Digital Cluster Software Upgrade works good.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Question for you 2, do you reliably get the navigation directions with the new software? I am using Sygic, and cannot get the Nav directions to work through speakers or headset except on rare occasion. Music plays through perfectly fine.

John, you mention Pandora or iheart,,,,,how do you have that set up with the new software version since not BRP Connect Apps? Do you have your phone direct to the helmet, or do those phone apps play through the bike?

This is by far the most positive review I've seen about 20.8. If the new software supports all of that, I need to get mine updated asap!

Thanks
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McClendons View Post
    Question for you 2, do you reliably get the navigation directions with the new software? I am using Sygic, and cannot get the Nav directions to work through speakers or headset except on rare occasion. Music plays through perfectly fine.

John, you mention Pandora or iheart,,,,,how do you have that set up with the new software version since not BRP Connect Apps? Do you have your phone direct to the helmet, or do those phone apps play through the bike?

This is by far the most positive review I've seen about 20.8. If the new software supports all of that, I need to get mine updated asap!

Thanks
    First of all I am not using any of the BRP software/apps. I tried the maps once and found as many others that Google works great if not better. I use it all the time with "her" talking to my Sena head set. As for Pandora or iheart I stream them on my Android phone to my helmet. BUT NOW I can also put it on the bike speakers if I want but more than likely won't. The biggest concern for many was that you could not get the FM audio from the bike to your helmet even if was pared. NOW YOU CAN!!! I can switch back and forth between the bike FM and iheart or Pandora at the flick of a few clicks on the dashboard. BRP finally got it together........
    John......

2018 Spyder RT
    Custom Pinstriping by Fastripe.com see video @ https://www.dropbox.com/s/5icsez0g0w...iping.mp4?dl=0
    18" floor boards
    Ram mount phone X holder
    Ram mount cup holder

Spyder Garage

Sorry in advance for my dumb question ..... what is the latest software version?
    Dave

"Pallidus Aranea"
    (Pale Spider)

• 2018 CamAm Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White / Chrome
    • 2008 H/D VROD 105th Anniversary Edition (665 of 1200) - Retired
    • 1987 Honda CRB600F - "Hurricane" - Retired

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein
    2018 RT Limited , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

The new version is 20.8

2018 Spyder RT
    18" floor boards
    Ram mount phone X holder
    Ram mount cup holder

North Las Vegas, NV, Third Rock From The Sun
    Spyder Garage

So you're saying you can get your phone to use Google Maps and stream the voice directions to your helmet now? I know you wouldn't see any maps displayed on the dash, but that's all I might want if I was going to use a GPS. And just curious...are you still plugging the phone into the frunk USB socket, or somewhere else now? If you aren't using the BRP app(s), I don't think you would need to use the frunk USB port anymore...but not sure about that if you wanted to use the handlebar controls to move around on the dash display.

What steps exactly are you using to connect the phone to the Spyder now so you can see stuff on the dash display and move around the menu items with the handlebar controller? I've given up on using the BRP apps and just Bluetooth my phone to my helmet using the rear trunk USB port.
    2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FalconAF View Post
    So you're saying you can get your phone to use Google Maps and stream the voice directions to your helmet now? I know you wouldn't see any maps displayed on the dash, but that's all I might want if I was going to use a GPS. And just curious...are you still plugging the phone into the frunk USB socket, or somewhere else now? If you aren't using the BRP app(s), I don't think you would need to use the frunk USB port anymore...but not sure about that if you wanted to use the handlebar controls to move around on the dash display.

What steps exactly are you using to connect the phone to the Spyder now so you can see stuff on the dash display and move around the menu items with the handlebar controller? I've given up on using the BRP apps and just Bluetooth my phone to my helmet using the rear trunk USB port.

Wow I never expected to get this kind of response from my OP but I know that many people have wanted to do what I found works with the new 20.8 upgrade.......

I've always used Google with my Android phone pared to my Sena headset. I speak into the mic and say "Hay Google take me to the closest Costco" and she comes back in my head with directions and they also show on my phone on the X mount in front of me. I've done phone calls the say way. "Hay Google call Steve" and I'm connected. That's just a phone and the pared headset. Plus listening to Iheart or Pandora. Just the stuff from my phone to the Sena.

I am not and have never plugged my phone into the cables in the Frunk. WHAT A JOKE BRP THOUGHT WE WHAT WE WANT THAT

As far as paring you have your headset on, go into the connect headset menu on the bike and let them pare using the buttons on your headset and bike. I did that with my phone and head set. I then learned with the upgrade I could choose between the FM radio or my phone what I wanted to hear in the helmet speakers. I also learned that you can send the audio from your phone (iheart or Pandora or what ever) to the bike speakers if you choose. It's all there, just go through the configurations of paring and then choose headset or speakers for the output.

It took BRP with all of the complaints and so on to finally upgrade the software to make this all work. I am a happy camper..........
    John

2018 Spyder RT
    18" floor boards
    Ram mount phone X holder
    Ram mount cup holder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ride2GetHigh View Post
    First of all I am not using any of the BRP software/apps. I tried the maps once and found as many others that Google works great if not better. I use it all the time with "her" talking to my Sena head set. As for Pandora or iheart I stream them on my Android phone to my helmet. BUT NOW I can also put it on the bike speakers if I want but more than likely won't. The biggest concern for many was that you could not get the FM audio from the bike to your helmet even if was pared. NOW YOU CAN!!! I can switch back and forth between the bike FM and iheart or Pandora at the flick of a few clicks on the dashboard. BRP finally got it together........
    John......
    Can you let us know how you have your system set up? It sounds like you have your phone paired to your Bike AND your headset. The headset would be paired to the bike as a headset (Bike) as the primary "phone" in Sena terms, and to the phone itself as the 2nd "phone" for Sena (or vice versa). Is this correct This configuration would not work on my 13.2 version software, so trying to understand.

I am really hoping to use the BRP connect, as I like having the map display waterproof on the dash. I can fall back to the Garmin Nav I already have, but seems crazy when the bike should have the capability and I purchased Sygic.

Thanks
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

The new version is 20.8
    Is the software upgrade only by the dealer ?

I ran some extension usb and audio to a bluetooth receiver I have on the front grill just under the mirror but the apps are still a headache
    2018 RT , PEARL WHITE/CHROME

Spyder Garage

I would love to reach that goal my bluetooth headset is giving me headaches
    2018 RT , PEARL WHITE/CHROME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AAbruzzese View Post
    Is the software upgrade only by the dealer ?

I ran some extension usb and audio to a bluetooth receiver I have on the front grill just under the mirror but the apps are still a headache
    Upgrade requires a system (software) called BUDS which only the dealer has. I believe it can be purchased but VERY expensive, so not practical for most/any everyday user.
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McClendons View Post
    Can you let us know how you have your system set up? It sounds like you have your phone paired to your Bike AND your headset. The headset would be paired to the bike as a headset (Bike) as the primary "phone" in Sena terms, and to the phone itself as the 2nd "phone" for Sena (or vice versa). Is this correct This configuration would not work on my 13.2 version software, so trying to understand.

I am really hoping to use the BRP connect, as I like having the map display waterproof on the dash. I can fall back to the Garmin Nav I already have, but seems crazy when the bike should have the capability and I purchased Sygic.

Thanks
    Ok here are the nuts and bolts. This is all because of the newest 20.8 firmware upgrade........

I have since day one getting my 2018 RT (June last year) used my Samsung Android Phone pared with my Sena headset on the helmet. Never connected to the bike in any way because the BRP apps are junk from what I have read and putting the phone in the Frunk made no sense. Plus until this upgrade you couldn't stream the bike radio to your pared headset. I use the phone mounted on an "X" mount in front of me on the steering head. I use the mic on the helmet to ask Google to give me directions or call someone. I also use that mic to answer a phone call or to end one or other things through the phone. I also use my phone with Google maps to guide me where ever I need to go. I don't know anything about the one BRP has..

I used the dashboard menus to connect my Sena head set to the bike. I then used the dashboard menus to connect my phone. Both connected no problem. I then went into all of the menus and settings and found what I could do.

I found that I can now send from my phone what ever (iheart/Pandora) or what ever to the speakers on the bike. If you go into the settings you can choose bike or headset pared. I found that NOW you can send the bike FM to either the bike speakers <<<OR>>> the pared head set WHICH IS WHAT I WANTED ALL ALONG!!.

Plus if you allowed it while doing the paring you can have your phone contact list added to the mix. If you go into the menus on the bike for phone it will give you a "recent" or "contacts'". Using the left side paddle toggle button you can scroll through your contact list, hit the paddle button and it will call the number through your phone. HOW FRICKEN COOL. It's all that we wanted and BRP finally listened and came through.......
    John

2018 Spyder RT
    18" floor boards
    Ram mount phone X holder
    Ram mount cup holder

Spyder Garage

BRP only showed a few headsets that were compat with the system up to some time ago. They may have changed but I am not the expert on this. All I know is what the firmware upgrade did and how it works for me with the Sena ??S10? Can't remember the model # but it's just the plain jane without the built in FM radio.
    John

2018 Spyder RT
    18" floor boards
    Ram mount phone X holder
    Ram mount cup holder

Spyder Garage

Since my bike is only a year old I get the upgrades free or while doing the mileage maint. I don't know about after the warranty.........I would hope that BRP would let you do those by just taking it in but?????

2018 Spyder RT
    18" floor boards
    Ram mount phone X holder
    Ram mount cup holder

Spyder Garage

Thanks John, Sounds encouraging. I need to get mine updated, again. They just did mine to 13.2 because of the error in the BRP database (2018 RTs did not show for 20.8....).

As a note, assuming that the new 20.8 software overcomes the navigation commands from Sygic, Sygic functions OK. I use Waze or google for point A to B navigation, and it is stellar. Sygic though makes it relatively easy to put in a complex route, and you can even "indirectly" imports GPX files etc that can be found online. I prefer the Waze/Google interface etc, but if going for a ride Sygic may be worth a look. They give a 7 day free demo, so...... Just really hoping the voice instructions is resolved.

Thanks for all the info, excited for the BRP Connect a third time. Hope it is the charm.
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The new version is 20.8
    How can you see which software version you have on the machine?
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    You go through the BRP menus on the bike, Push and hold in on the joystick, then go to settings, then about. SW version will likely be either 13.20 or 20.8.....although my 2018 was a 10.XX something
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

North Las Vegas, NV, Third Rock From The Sun
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    With pictures, second post in thread
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...tware-Up-Dates
    2018 Spyder RT Limited

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FalconAF View Post
    With pictures, second post in thread
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...tware-Up-Dates
    Excellent thanks!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

One more thing I found out while playing with the audio and loving the connections now in the new update....If you are listening to the bike radio through your headset and want to talk to Google on your phone, you have to turn the audio down on the bike since it doesn't cut off the music like when just using the phone. Not a big issue since just hitting the down on the toggle array works great.

John

2018 Spyder RT
    18" floor boards
    Ram mount phone X holder
    Ram mount cup holder

Spyder Garage

So the 2018 RT has built-in bluetooth capability to be able to connect from your phone to the bike's speakers?
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raprider View Post
    So the 2018 RT has built-in bluetooth capability to be able to connect from your phone to the bike's speakers?
    You may want to scroll back up to my OP then read the replies. But to answer your question the 2018 RT always had BT but didn't send the bike radio to a pared headset. The latest update fixed that..
    John

2018 Spyder RT
    18" floor boards
    Ram mount phone X holder
    Ram mount cup holder

Spyder Garage

Is this a recall or warranty upgrade? Or is this something I can upgrade from home?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy1 View Post
    Is this a recall or warranty upgrade? Or is this something I can upgrade from home?
    Not a recall. No safety impact. The upgrade to 13.2 was a warranty campaign and paid for by BRP. The upgrade to 20.8 is not a warranty campaign. So your dealer can charge labour for it. Just a guess on my part. If your firmware level is less then 13.2. Your dealer may be able put through a claim to BRP. Ask your dealer. If your firmware level is 13.2. The dealer may not charge you out of goodwill on their part. The cheapest time to get the upgrade done would be during regular service. Just another item to do while your Spyder is in the shop any way.

Yes you can do it yourself. You need to get MPI2 or MPI3 cable, usb cable, BUDS2 software and the licence. Provide your own windows based laptop. The BUDS kit is available for about $1000 with a 1 year license.

2018 F3 LIMITED