Spyder Garage

Default Sena RC4 and (semi automatic) can't work.

I was searching around and never found any information so I ordered a remote (RC4) for my Sena 20 egos. Just to give everyone heads up incase you ever need wanted to know. The downshift button when pulled back hits the remote If you ever plan to manually downshift to gain power etc on a hill the remote can't be placed on the handlebar. It DOES fit on the passenger grip though So your passenger can use it and it is very sturdy on the passenger grip too. Therefore she doesn't have to fumble around on the side of the helmet. Just thought I'd share.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I am a full line SENA dealer and Spyder Lovers Sponsor Call me anytime for your SENA needs
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    I was searching around and never found any information so I ordered a remote (RC4) for my Sena 20 egos. Just to give everyone heads up incase you ever need wanted to know. The downshift button when pulled back hits the remote If you ever plan to manually downshift to gain power etc on a hill the remote can't be placed on the handlebar. It DOES fit on the passenger grip though So your passenger can use it and it is very sturdy on the passenger grip too. Therefore she doesn't have to fumble around on the side of the helmet. Just thought I'd share.

Spyder Garage

Be nice if you provided your contact information....

Spyder Garage

Spyder4me, you can either click on his name in the left column and then PM him, or go to the spyderlovers home page and click on the Motorcycle Dave banner advert. The Banner ad takes you right to Dave's website and lists his number and email.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

I never really understood the usefulness of that sena remote. If anyone actually uses one and likes it, what does it let you do that you cannot using the knob and buttons on the Sena radio itself?

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I am a huge snowmobile rider. On trail and offtrail. I use UCLEAR and it works great but when off trail in the back woods and your music is playing and you want to find a person that is riding with you it is so much safer to hit the center button ( intercom) button on the remote at your fingertips than fumbling around for the button on the helmet pod. You want both hands on the bars at all times int he woods. There is also times you want to raise or lower the volume, skip a song etc. Again at your fingers not on the side of your head. With gloves I find it a pain trying to feel for the buttons. When dealing with the spyder we switched to Sena. Both brands have pros and cons but I prefer the sena on the spyder and the uclear for sleds. I Bluetooth in the music and it gets annoying hearing my wife breath or wind occasionally with the open mic. My wife likes to keep her hands on the armrests and on her bars. She hates trying to find the center button to turn on and off the open mic. At the same time she now has control if she wants to accept a call and me not have to listen etc. With the remotes at your fingers it just easier to hit volume, accept, start intercom and end rather then trying to feel for it. It is just a personal preference but I am used to a remote because of the sleds. This is why I wanted a remote for the front and back on the spyder. I have made an adaption for the RC4. Will try to post pictures at some point. I simply used one of the top bolts on the steering bars and put a bar coming off it like the drink cup holders and attached it to the that bar. I also noticed something odd. My buddy has a 2018 and the shifter does clear. I am wondering if the 2016 and 17’s have stubbier shifters. I am going to study and measure his RT and either buy a new shifter using the 18 part # or possibly figure out how to extend the shifter out a bit. It only needs about 1/8” to work. That is why I use the remotes. Safety keeping the hands on the bars, easy access and conveniences.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the offer and invite Dave. I will contact you in the future with any needs. I have a local dealer too but do shop around a bit.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder4me View Post
    Be nice if you provided your contact information....
    Motorcycle Dave is a site sponsor. All of his contact information is on the Home Page of this site, and today it is even at the top of this page as I type!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Just click on my banner ad

Motorcycledave.com
    209-887-3283
    9:00AM to 8:00PM daily Pacific time
    CALL Today
    Guaranteed LOWEST PRICES on ALL your SENA,
    RIVCO, BIG BIKE, CUSTOM DYNAMICS, THROTTLEMEISTER
    and much more.
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 04-18-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Spyder Garage

Fixed the RC4 problem with the RT 2017 limited shifter. It “DOES” fit and work. If for some reason the shifter hits, there is a screw located on the bottom of the center of the shifter. Loosen it and rotate the shifter out a small bit. I put a piece of folded electrical tape between the plate and steering column and tightened it. Plenty of room now. I think my bottom plate was formed just a bit out of round or slumpted when the plastic cooled. A little tape space and tightened and it is held out and works perfect. The RC4 can be used with the Shifter. It works perfect. SImply fold the electric tape in half and in half again and that is all it needed. Can’t see it and it is tight. Will keep and eye on it. If it slides back I will take it in to the service center. The bike does had BEST warrenty till 2022.