Spyder Garage

Default Running cable from front trunk to phone mount?

Just got a 2018 spyder RT limited, love it so far but the only mod I would like to look into is not having to keep my phone in the front trunk for the BRP system.
    I would like to run a 6' or so usb cable to the front handlebars, I assume someone here has done this? any write up's or any info would be appreciated ,

Thanks

Spyder Garage

My guess of a good source would be Spyder enthusiast and modifier "Finless Bob". He's posted a bunch of Spyder DIY videos on You Tube, so it might be worth an online search. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Hi.

I wanted to do the same and after getting quoted 90$ to have someone do it, I decided to do it myself. I ran the extensions out from the unused 12 volt adapter and pulled them out by using an 18 inch wire tie. Once out of the trunk I pulled them up to the small grill under the mirror on the top left and terminated them on a Bluetooth reciever that has Aux Audio and USB. That solved my problem. Let me know if you need better info
    2018 RT , PEARL WHITE/CHROME

Spyder Garage

go wireless. attach a bluetooth dongle they run about $15 on ebay to end of the cable in the frunk.
    connect to your phone using bluetooth. Both music and maps can be played.
    Thank You
    Mark Light

Live Long and Ride Hard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zip3151 View Post
    go wireless. attach a bluetooth dongle they run about $15 on ebay to end of the cable in the frunk.
    This may work if you don't want power to the phone too, but otherwise you will have to run a cable. Didn't Lamont have a kit and a video showing how to do this? Too lazy to look right now.

Ok. I was able find it. Check it out. You can just buy the cable extension and don't need the usb converter. Look under the RT accessories tab.

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/motor...ply-lamonster/

Spyder Garage

Hi I tried that but the bluetooth reciever would have issues with heat or connection loss. Instead with ot being on the outer frame it is much easier to work with. Besides its black on black and I applied a small bead of silicon to make it as waterproof as possible.
    2018 RT , PEARL WHITE/CHROME

Spyder Garage

Hi folks, new to this Spyder experience. I am looking for a blue tooth extension cable to run to my phone that I have mounted on my handlebar. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Check out Lamonster garage for the proper mount and wiring, well worth it.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

The OP is asking about a 2018. It is already has BT built in. No need to buy any other hardware for that. He is asking about the usb cable to plug into the phone to use the apps on the dash.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Hi Billybovine, I am new to all of this and a Neanderthal when it comes to tech maybe you can help me. I have a Samsung phone I see where the usb goes and the round cable that plugs next to it. This is my question. Is that cable for blue tooth or just to connect BRP to the phone? Also can you tell me where I can get an extension for that cable to reach my handle bar mount for my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Rox Riser
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jlc41 View Post
    Hi Billybovine, I am new to all of this and a Neanderthal when it comes to tech maybe you can help me. I have a Samsung phone I see where the usb goes and the round cable that plugs next to it. This is my question. Is that cable for blue tooth or just to connect BRP to the phone? Also can you tell me where I can get an extension for that cable to reach my handle bar mount for my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Joe
    See my post #5 above for the Lamonster extension.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=jlc41;1436577]Hi Billybovine, I am new to all of this and a Neanderthal when it comes to tech maybe you can help me. I have a Samsung phone I see where the usb goes and the round cable that plugs next to it. This is my question. Is that cable for blue tooth or just to connect BRP to the phone? Also can you tell me where I can get an extension for that cable to reach my handle bar mount for my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Joe[/QUOTE

Hi Joe

When asking a question always tell us what model and year of Spyder you have. From the picture I will say you have a F3 Limited. From the question I would guess you have a 2018 or 2019 model. If I am wrong let me know. The Original Poster of this thread asked their question about a RT and the cables are not in the same location. So the answers can be different and may be confusing depending who the answers are actually addressing. It would be better to start a thread of your own when asking a question next time.

First you don't have to do anything. Nothing to plug in or to pair required. The dash works just fine as stand alone device. There are added functions and features if you do wish connect your phone and helmet.

BT is a wireless connection. No wires need to be plugged in at all. The round stereo plug is for a mp3 player or other stereo device that needs a wired connection to the radio. To listen to this audio source you would have to chose AUX on the Dash.

If you have a 2018 or 2019. To connect a BT phone like your Samsung which is android. Your phone has to be BT paired to the dash. After this is done the first time. In most cases it will reconnect everytime that you restart your Spyder. What that gives you is stereo audio source connection to your dash. That you have some control with using the handlebar controls. Also it also give a hands free telephone functions. That is if you have a BT helmet headset BT paired to your dash as well. That again can be controlled by handlebar controls. All with your phone not plugged into anything.

If you have a 2018 or 2019. You can also plug into the usb cable from the dash. Then you can display apps from your phone on the dash. Using the BRP connect app you have installed on your phone.

Usb extension cables are available at any electronics store, at whatever length you need to move it to wherever you like.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i also would like to do this on wifes rt

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I routed a Heavy duty cable up to the dash. Had to remove a headlight to get access to be able to thread the cable up through the windshield mount. If you’ve never worked on you Spyder there are videos on how to remove panels and headlights. You’ll need to make a notch in the frunk battery panel for the cable to run through so it doesn’t get damaged. Tie wrap it in a few places and put the parts back together. I use a Tric LED dash bracket and RAM parts to mount the phone up top.

28F55873-BAFB-4155-A641-77EFFF6727CE.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the reply Billybovine much appreciated. It is a 2018 F3L. Much to learn.

Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Rox Riser
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets