Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen47 View Post
    I figured out the link, but there is nothing that would keep the Ryker key from simply falling out. A regular key with a hole/key ring provision would do it, but we have none.

http://thecarry.com/small-goods/hobo...y-head-covers/

I will be putting a leather cover on a key when I have some time. I will post a picture when I do. I do some leather work. Might try one with short leather loop.

2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Can you make me some lederhosen?

I need size 48, length 30.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen47 View Post
    Can you make me some lederhosen?

I need size 48, length 30.
    Might could, but not gonna try. I did sew an old piece of suede leather I had laying around over the Spyder key just to see if it was practical. Suede is thin enough that it is not too hard to sew for something really small like that. Sewed an old key ring into the upper part of the learther. No holes in the key at all. The leather cover holds the key ring on. It looks kinda messy, but it works. Getting the proper thickness of finished leather,staining it the same colour as the waxed nylon thread, and using new key rings would look pretty good.

Rolling a stitch marker over it and getting all the stitches even would look even better. I am gonna leave the fugly one on my key for now.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    You've got the wrong key in mind!!! The Ryker uses a fob that is a little ball shaped device with "bird's toes" clamp on it that slips over a ball on the Ryker. It is not the usual key made of metal with a chip in the head!

Edit: I guess it's not ball shaped, but rather somewhat diamond shaped about 1/4" thick!
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 04-21-2019 at 05:54 PM. Reason: correct key description

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

The Spyder keys are the only ones I am familiar with. They have chips in them and they come without a hole to attach them to a keyring.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    The Spyder keys are the only ones I am familiar with. They have chips in them and they come without a hole to attach them to a keyring.

Ryker "keys" totally different.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tslepebull View Post
    Your dealer can reprogram the DESS key to work with your Ryker. Just buy one of these and take to the dealer for reprogramming.
    https://www.amazon.com/SKI-DOO-DESS-...%2C194&sr=8-24
    That lanyard is just what I was thinking of! IF it can be programmed to suit a Ryker I'll take it.
    Of course, car dealers get a pretty penny to program a spare key, so who knows.