Spyder Garage

Default Deadwood 3 Wheeler Rally???

Hi

Is there a Motel that is the headquarters for the Deadwood 3 Wheeler Rally or a place to stay that maybe better than others. I need to park a trailer also.

Jim

Spyder Garage

You can find info on sponsoring hotels and other info here: https://www.d3wr.com

It appears that many of the hotels are full so you may have to take a broader look into places like Spearfish, airbnb, etc. From my experience all of the hotels in Deadwood are similar. If you get interested in a place I suggest you phone them and talk to them about your trailer needs. Some of the hotels have pretty open parking and some are tighter.
    Last year we stayed in an airbnb and were very pleased. I found it to be some of the best riding I've ever experienced. Since you appear to be from ND you may know that already.

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

There was absolutely NO advantage to staying at the "Host" hotel last year, other than the ability to walk to the vendor/show area. There were no activities at the hotel or anything. If you can find a spot cheaper, do it. The riding there was awesome though, and the event itself was OK. If I were to do it over, I wouldn't even register for the event. You don't get much for registering.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I beg to differ Travel Lodge the rooms were awesome also buffet every morning which was great and event was across street rooms booked for July no complaints ��

Spyder Garage

Don't get me wrong, the hotel was nice, all local food places were great....I'm just saying that staying at the hotel itself didn't offer any advantages over any place else in town, or out of town for that matter. Most places had trailer parking, and yes, the host hotel has a lot of trailer space up on the hill behind the hotel. And they'll cart ya up the hill if ya want a ride.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Try the Travel Lodge stayed there last year year they have room to park trailers

Spyder Garage

I went on line last year to VRBO - house rentals. Found a house rental in Lead - 4 miles from Deadwood. 4/bed, 4/bath, with attached garage. It did have space for trailer parking. There were 7 of us on 6 bikes. We fit all the Spyders/trikes in the garage. Worked great for us vs a hotel with everyone being separated. The only sucky part of the location, every thing is on a hill in that area. Climbing up to the location was getting us ready to go thru the needles! It was reasonably priced for 5 days out there. Maybe another option for you to look into.
    2014 ST SE5 LT , Black Current

Spyder Garage

We went on the "waiting list" for a room at the TravelLodge, and got it a couple weeks later. Some friends did the same and they got a room. If you want to give it a try, call soon and see what happens. Many people book not knowing for sure if they can make it and then cancel, and that is what we banked on and it worked for us. Any place you stay up there will be fun and you won't regret it. Shoot, decide where you want to stay, get on the waiting list, then book somewhere else that allows cancellation a few days before arrival, if you get a room at the preferred location, cancel the other room......just a thought.......

O. J.
    Ridin' "Lucille", the MusicMaker
    a 2017 F3 Limited (Pure Magnesium Metallic)
    Wife, Jan, riding "Ruby Jane"
    a 2016 F3-T (Intense Red Pearl)
    2017 F3-Limited , Magnesium (light grey)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimboRTS View Post
    Hi

Is there a Motel that is the headquarters for the Deadwood 3 Wheeler Rally or a place to stay that maybe better than others. I need to park a trailer also.

Jim
    contact Teresa with the First Gold Hotel (Travelodge) as she is the event coordinator AND sales person at the hotel and may be able to help you. tell her the "kraut man" from Omaha suggested you contact her... that will either get you in or thrown out??? :-)
    BIG F