Spyder Garage

Default OEM Adjustable Air Deflectors Installation

Hi folks!

I'm finally getting around to installing my adj. air deflectors (after 6 months!) but am having a bit of an issue. You would think it would be simple - just take the stock ones off and screw in the new ones. Well even though I used the screws that came with the new deflectors (same length as the original ones, btw), they are a bit loose and wobbly. Were there supposed to be some rubber washers to go between the deflector and the body panel? There were none in the box but it seems like that would solve the problem. Or maybe the box contained the wrong screws? Anyone else have problems with these?

IMG_7820.jpg
    Laura Moon
    French kissing life square in the mouth....
    LDYBLU - 2018 RTLE

Spyder Garage

Try using the original screws, they should not be loose or wobbly, you may have to get the proper size screws if you were given the wrong size.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If memory serves, the new screws come with a fresh coat of thread locker on them. It may make them turn harder but they're really not fully tightened yet. If you are certain they were the same length, turn on them harder or, as Joe said, use the old screws. Or first, screw them in all by themselves without the deflector and see if they actually screw in the whole way.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Try using the original screws, they should not be loose or wobbly, you may have to get the proper size screws if you were given the wrong size.

Cruzr Joe
    I tried the original screws as well - still loose.
    Laura Moon
    French kissing life square in the mouth....
    LDYBLU - 2018 RTLE

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Rather than a washer between the deflector and body panel, try under the screw head. See if that gives you the extra that you need. The deflector should cinch up tight to the body.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They should not tequire a washer. Be sure you have your screwdriver at the proper angle when tightening
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have those air deflectors, and I have nothing between the screws and the deflectors. Mine are plenty tight.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!