Thread: Shift lever..

Spyder Garage

Default Shift lever..

The 1330 transmissions on SE6 have a knurled rod sticking out the left side that , I believe, is the one used for shifting the SM6. Is that correct? I ordered the lever and the clamp bolt for a SM6. My idea is that if I can Mickey Mouse a mechanism to use it for shifting if/when the E-shifter craps out in the middle of nowhere. How would the automatic clutch work in this scenario?
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Yes that spline shaft is for the shifter lever on a SM model. I would guess that you could shift into 1st, neutral and reverse with it. The clutch is disengaged at idle engine speed. Up or down shifting while in motion I don't think will work because the clutch will not disengage for the shift.

You did not ask but I will add. This seems like money and effort wasted for a potential problem that will likely never ever happen. On the SE5 the biggest problem is that folks did not check there engine oil level. On the SE6s like yours problems are almost nonexistent.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Thanks Billy. It's just that over the years MURPHY and I have become unhealthily too close, if you catch my drift. So the Boy Scout in me takes over too often.
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting....🤔

Just wondering if it would actually work as I don't use the clutch to shift gears on my Sm5 after starting out in first. Do need it to get into first, neutral and reverse but down shifting would be a problem. I can downshift in my car with out the clutch as I can get to neutral then rev up to where the rpm's match the rpm's on the gears and it will slide into gear. In which case you could run up the gears but would have to get back to idle to shift back or maybe with pressure on the lever to downshift when the normal autodownshift is reached it would go into gear....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Just weld a tab on for the shift peg and carry a set of these in the tool box.

2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Those are hilarious...but likely work
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White