Spyder Garage

Default What comes with new purchase

My wife and I are purchasing a 2018 RTL, the list is $31,900. my question is what if any accessories come with the bike? The dealer didn't say anything about any luggage or gps. Just saw threads about that stuff but only on earlier models. Just curious if any newer owners had any accessories included?

Spyder Garage

Always bargain for the vehicle they way you want it to be when you drive/ride away. Do your homework and add all that you want on it and deal for that. If you have a trade, bargain for the least cash difference; the amount you'll have to come up with to fill the gap between your and theirs.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

North Las Vegas, NV, Third Rock From The Sun
    Spyder Garage

I bought my 2018 RTL 4 weeks ago. Don't even think about paying anything near that $32K list price. Can-Am reduced the prices of ALL the 2019's to try to increase volume sales. Dealers are getting a MINIMUM of a $5500 rebate from Can-Am so the dealers can sell remaining in-stock 2018's at a more reasonable price compared to the NEW 2019's. Dealers in Las Vegas are averaging selling new 2018 RTL's still in stock at the $23K - $24K range. Do some Google searches and compare prices from dealers all over the country for 2018's now. It doesn't matter what your dealer says the OLD list price is. Anything near it is silly.

As to accessories, I got the Spyder with what came on it already as "standard equipment". No luggage, no GPS, no extras. Look at the Can-Am list of "standard equipment" for the 2018 RTL, and make sure everything on that list is on your Spyder. Anything more than that would be a negotiation between you and the dealer.

Here are example prices of 2018 RTL's in Las Vegas (scroll to bottom 2 on the page). Chrome is $23,999. Dark is only $22,399.
    https://www.proshoplv.com/default.as...l%20motorcycle

Here's the price of a 2019 RTL CHROME in Las Vegas right now (scroll to orange one on bottom of page). Less than $28,800 after Can-Am reducing the 2019 prices.
    https://www.proshoplv.com/default.as...l%20motorcycle

Use Google to search prices at other dealers around the country for comparisons.
    2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

2018 doesn’t come with GPS or bag. Only 17’s. GPS is now built into the gauge. I just purchased a brand new 2017 RT limited with comport seat, backrest, armrests, GPS and luggage, 3 year warranty BEST, total “out the door” for $23997 3 weeks ago. It had 236 miles and full 2 year warranty. If you want a to drive head north outside Washington DC there is a store called motomember up there that is the leading seller or Spyders on the east cost. He has a ton of 18’s for sale for $21999. It’s only a 6 hour drive north of Georgia.

Spyder Garage

The quote on a 2018 RTL in North Carolina was $26,850.

Spyder Garage

Apples and oranges if not out the door price.

Spyder Garage

As others have stated do not pay the price you were quoted. The MSRP for a 2018 RT is 29,299 so the dealer is over the MSRP. If you are looking at the RT Limited then it may be higher. At any rate BRP is offering a 5500 rebate so your price should start at 26,400 and you should bargain for a lower price. While 2018's do not come with GPS units they do have BRP connect which contains a GPS APP. However, from what I have read on this site many 2018 owners have problems working BRP connect.

You should check imotorsports (a sponsor on the home page). They have 2018 RT LTD's from $20,990 to $22,990 (pre-tax, etc.) free delivery to your door. Several Spyderlover members have purchased from imotorsports, I do not recall a single report of any problem with dealing with this company. I am certain they will tell you all about included accessories.

I did a google search for "included accessories 2018 RT" and found this https://www.adsmotorsports.com/stree...-Limited/N6662

Good Luck!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by supple View Post
    My wife and I are purchasing a 2018 RTL, the list is $31,900. my question is what if any accessories come with the bike? The dealer didn't say anything about any luggage or gps. Just saw threads about that stuff but only on earlier models. Just curious if any newer owners had any accessories included?
    Does that Stealership also sell Fire Trucks ????? …………….. I ask this because they are " HOSING " you, others here have said this a little less frankly ….. good luck with the search …………… Mike

Spyder Garage

Caveat Emptor should apply concerning your dealer. You can do much, much, better.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thank you all so much for the help.