Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    5
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default Two-up on a Ryker

    Looking at Rykers, love the ride but am worried about the bosses seat.
    Anyone here ride two-up? I found the drivers seat very comfortable but an worried that the passenger seat will leave my wife wishing I'd kept the burgman.
    FWIW, we usually don't ride more than a hundred miles at a time.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-15-2019 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Added Title

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    14
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    My wife rode on the back of my dad's Ryker with me and she wasn't too happy with it. The part she didn't like is that the handles for the passenger to hold are close together and sort of behind her and when I cornered she felt like she was going to fall off. The handles on the Spyders are off to the side and she says she feels very secure when holding those. This might bother her and not others though so your mileage may vary. She says it doesn't bother here to ride on the back of my Virago though because the bike leans into the turn.

  3. #3
    aka: akspyderman ARtraveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    34,669
    Spyder Garage
    6

    Default

    Ryker is not recommended for extensive two up riding. There are many who are doing it, many who are all right with it (comfort level), etc. There are some additional aftermarket seats that are supposed to be more comfortable for the passenger.

    Typical passenger accommodations are second class at best for about 99% of all cycles.

    Currently Owned: 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium), 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow), 2015 Vulcan 900 LTD

    Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) Pictures of 2008 and 2009 Spyders are in Alaska Albums 2009 and 2010.
    5 Spyders, 10 years, 145,375 miles


  4. #4
    Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    70
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    My wife says she enjoys riding on the back of my Ryker. She has no problems with it at all. Standard seat, not comfort.

    Francis

  5. #5
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    120
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cr8n View Post
    Looking at Rykers, love the ride but am worried about the bosses seat.
    Anyone here ride two-up? I found the drivers seat very comfortable but an worried that the passenger seat will leave my wife wishing I'd kept the burgman.
    FWIW, we usually don't ride more than a hundred miles at a time.
    For us, we have the tall backrest, padded backpack, gel seat pad on top of the comfort seat and she straddles the lumbar support with her knees... She feels very secure and doesn't ever use the hand grips.

    20190407_104958.jpg

  6. #6
    Very Active Member chris56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    austria
    Posts
    1,145
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    the Ryker has a good handling and a drive-shaft ..ideal touring machine also 2up - ryding here in the Alps (2.600 km now)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ryker 900 - Fox-shock - TOYO - larger shield - 2up & a topace

  7. #7
    SpyderLovers Sponsor SpyderAnn01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    12,759
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freezefm View Post
    My wife says she enjoys riding on the back of my Ryker. She has no problems with it at all. Standard seat, not comfort.

    Francis
    I bet your wife shops in the Petite Section!

    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

  8. #8
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    England
    Posts
    205
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Hi all ref seats we have Comfort seats rider / passenger mine is comfy and my speed restrictor says she is comfy I am 12s 9
    She is 8s9 two up rear Spring on 4 notch. Regards Nico 75

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    11
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nico75 View Post
    Hi all ref seats we have Comfort seats rider / passenger mine is comfy and my speed restrictor says she is comfy I am 12s 9
    She is 8s9 two up rear Spring on 4 notch. Regards Nico 75
    I assume since you are from England you are speaking in stones. So you are 168lb and passenger is 112lb using the 2up spring on the 4th notch?

  10. #10
    Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    70
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I bet your wife shops in the Petite Section!
    Ha Ha! Uh, yeah, petite!
    (She's actually 5' 7" and about 135lbs)

    Francis

  11. #11
    Active Member bcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Grove City, OH USA
    Posts
    242
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTAC View Post
    For us, we have the tall backrest, padded backpack, gel seat pad on top of the comfort seat and she straddles the lumbar support with her knees... She feels very secure and doesn't ever use the hand grips.

    20190407_104958.jpg
    CTAC, where did you get the driver's backrest. It look good.

  12. #12
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    120
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    I fabricated a simple 2" wide, 1/8" thick plate and fastened an existing lumbar support I had to the maxmount via two 1/4-20 screws... Works great and really saves my back!

  13. #13
    Active Member bcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Grove City, OH USA
    Posts
    242
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTAC View Post
    I fabricated a simple 2" wide, 1/8" thick plate and fastened an existing lumbar support I had to the maxmount via two 1/4-20 screws... Works great and really saves my back!
    CTAC, do you have any pics of the bracket and where it fastest the bike?

  14. #14
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    120
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    I can take some later today

  15. #15
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    120
    Spyder Garage
    1

  16. #16
    Active Member bcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Grove City, OH USA
    Posts
    242
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTAC View Post
    Thanks CTAC

  17. #17
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    England
    Posts
    205
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default nico75

    Yes we are in UK The poundace seems about right , but we now find position 4 a bit hard so putting it back to 3 ( two up Spring) regards Nico 75

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •